ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   150CC Enduro: fifty dollars to make you holler (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14912)

SpudRider 08-04-2015 02:21 PM

Both muffler and side panels look good. :tup:

Weldangrind 08-10-2015 09:17 PM

I like your muffler hanger; good idea!

I might have the tank cover if you want it. It's yours for the cost of shipping plus on pint of cheap IPA.

rich_e 08-11-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 189876)
I like your muffler hanger; good idea!

I might have the tank cover if you want it. It's yours for the cost of shipping plus on pint of cheap IPA.

I'd like to have that tank cover. :clap: I'll send you some Kansas wheat ale.

rich_e 08-11-2015 12:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got the 150 pretty much ridable. The new starter arrived Friday.

I installed a new PZ27 carb to replace the original PD and went with a foam air filter. I used a 105 main jet and a 42 slow jet to start. Seems to be running really well. Nice and smooth from idle to redline. I haven't done any plug chops yet, just to hot out to be standing on the side of the road pulling the plug. But I did stop for a "photo op" LOL.:hi:

The BBQ paint is holding up on the exhaust, but I've only ridden it a couple of times for a total of about 10 miles. Time will tell on that I suppose.

The speedometer isn't hooked up, waiting on a new cable for that. However, the bike does seem pretty quick for a 150, it has good power.

rich_e 08-11-2015 12:18 PM

Hi-Bird Caliper

2 Attachment(s)
Got a big problem with the front brake on the Hi-Bird. I noticed there was only one bolt holding the caliper on when I bought it. Didn't worry too much about or even look that closely.

Upon further inspection, it turns out the it's the wrong caliper. The bottom bolt will not line up with the mount on the fork. The mounts have a 60MM spacing but the caliper bracket is about 65MM, and even if it did line up, the body of the caliper is in the way (can't draw it all the way to the fork). I ordered a single piston caliper off ebay (the only one I could find with a 60MM bolt spacing) but it's way to small. It's meant for a little pit bike. I've been searching Taobao with no luck (Humanbeing, are you there? Help.).

Maybe a little safety wire will work? Just kidding! But, I'm thinking of swapping the forks from the 150 onto the Hi-Bird. Since the Hi-Bird will be ridden on the street proper brakes are a must. I could bodge some kind of mount and put these forks on the 150, which will be off road only. Still, sort of a scary proposition.

rich_e 08-11-2015 01:59 PM

Caliper?

1 Attachment(s)
The attached image, might be the caliper I'm looking for.

humanbeing 08-11-2015 04:51 PM

60mm is found in some Suzuki street bike http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16979328878 | http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=41278290637

rich_e 08-11-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humanbeing (Post 189943)

Thanks HB! This confirms so others that I was looking at on Aliexpress as well.

Weldangrind 08-12-2015 01:36 PM

Swapping forks might be doable, but it will depend on the stem length and diameter. In all likelihood, they're identical.

That is only a mounting plate, and nothing stops you from making one. Find some steel that is the same thickness, use the existing plate as a template for the caliper side, make a cardboard template for the bolt hole side and start drilling. It might take you an afternoon, but it would be worth it.

Weldangrind 08-12-2015 01:36 PM

Do you have access to a MIG welder?

rich_e 08-12-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 189990)
Do you have access to a MIG welder?

No. But a welder of some sort is in my future. I just paid $60 to have a muffler welded back on the head pipe for the Baja 125. I was shocked at the cost. I didn't ask, but I'm guessing I just hit their minimum charge/shop rate.

Regardless, I don't think I'd be able to weld aluminum. I understand that takes a lot of skill and a lot of power.

I ordered a GN125 caliper (with the 60MM bolt spacing). I'm hoping it'll fit before I try anything else.

Weldangrind 08-12-2015 02:19 PM

http://www.eastwood.com/mig-welder-1...5a-output.html

rich_e 08-14-2015 04:36 PM

Two Down, One To Go

3 Attachment(s)
Got the little Baja 125 put back together and running.

Still needs rear spokes. I replaced the funky carb (it sat with gas in it for a long time) with a new PZ26 and a foam air filter. The jets in the new PZ26 were strange. The main jet was one piece and the pilot jet was a little longer than the ones I had on hand. I used the main jet assembly from the old carb I had on the 150 as well as the pilot jet from that same carb.

I went with a 102 for the main jet and the pilot from the 150 was a 40.

Went for a very short ride in the yard with it. Seems okay. Didn't want to push it with broken spokes and a slow leak in the tube. It gets up to full throttle with no issues though. The exhaust is pretty much rotted out inside the muffler, but it's not to awful loud.

Anyway, I may have lucked out twice in row when it comes to initial jetting.

Found out the handle bars I ordered for it didn't fit. They are 7/8" on the ends but the middle is about 1 1/8", weird. I looked at the ebay listing again and this was mentioned. My bad. I put on a set of super bike bars that I had in the shed. They're a bit wide for such a small bike but okay for now.

When changing the bars I noticed the throttle had a stripped screw and one of the handle bar mounts was stripped also. Ordered a new throttle. The handle bar mount bolt was stripped but there was still plenty of good thread on the triple clamp mount to use a slightly longer bolt and get a good grip.

I had a luggage rack in the shed from a CB-350, it fit the 150 pretty well (the pic makes the angle on the back look high, but it's really almost level with the seat).

I know I said the 150 was going to be off-road only, but just for "fun" I sent in a registration application to Vermont. Sent them $74 for registration and sales tax (went with $500 for the value so as not to raise any flags). The worst than can happen is they send my check back if they don't accept that it's a street legal bike. If it was a Lifan or some other well known brand I'm pretty sure there'd be no issue. But this brand doesn't come up any any list of brands, other than the one I mentioned earlier, I can find.

Weldangrind 08-15-2015 01:49 PM

These might make your new fat bars work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Mot...d7ed3b&vxp=mtr

When you say the pilot jet from the 150 was a 140, I presume you mean 40.

That luggage rack is a remarkably good fit.

I hope the Vermont registration works out for you.

Weldangrind 08-15-2015 01:52 PM

I realized that my link in post #42 looks a little goofy. Try this: Eastwood Welder