ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   whirring noise zongshen 250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14300)

papaoso 12-25-2014 08:44 PM

whirring noise zongshen 250

Hello people, I own the ZS250GS and got a noise at the motor like something loose inside. it sound hardest in idle and cold, otherwise i noticed that the camshaft has some signs of wear, because I can not adjust properly the valves, so I thing the anterior owner run the bike w/ out oil.:grr:
wen I bought they have not the noise, (or only a little), and wen I changed the oil, it was full of an sustance brown like wood flour or something.

Well, I am not afraid to open the engine and check, but I thing is bad idea because......Were can I find parts.

The question is, can I replace the engine for other similar in size with some adaptations?

Or can I found engine parts somewhere?

Help me please.

humanbeing 12-25-2014 09:56 PM

It's based on Yammie. If u had plenty $ to burn, genuine Y... parts may work.
taobao.com + agent seems the most sensible way.
One of them:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3469913830

pete 12-25-2014 10:07 PM

Whirring noise........ could be the turbine starting up....

papaoso 12-25-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humanbeing (Post 176989)
It's based on Yammie. If u had plenty $ to burn, genuine Y... parts may work.
taobao.com + agent seems the most sensible way.

I hardly try to find motor parts at taobao just in case, but...I don't Know how.
Sorry.

papaoso 12-25-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 176990)
Whirring noise........ could be the turbine starting up....

Well, sound like randomly grinding something, but, don't affect the working of the motor. in fact run very good.

papaoso 12-25-2014 10:17 PM

any ideas about put an alternative engine?
Is good idea open it to see what's happen?

papaoso 12-25-2014 10:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Is my first bike in 30 years, I bought it cheap ($300.00) with the tank full :tup:. and I spend $200.00 more replacing back shock (used), brake cylinder, spray paint, ignition coil and some durabond.
I really enjoy this project, but I am a little worry about this noise, is not good. I really want to find any relatively easy solution, but I start to loos my illusion at this project. Well, still having some hope.
There some pics.

papaoso 12-25-2014 11:03 PM

Here the noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znsi...ature=youtu.be

Weldangrind 12-25-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papaoso (Post 176991)
No, I don't have plenty of money. What you mind with Yamie?
Maybe's better forget the bike at the garage and try to save money in the future buy a real one Bike?

He means Yamaha. The engine is very similar to the Yamaha XT225, the TT-R230 and the TW200.

When you changed the oil, did you clean the oil filter in the side of the engine? The filter must go back in correctly, or no oil will get to the camshaft.

papaoso 12-26-2014 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 177002)
He means Yamaha. The engine is very similar to the Yamaha XT225, the TT-R230 and the TW200.

When you changed the oil, did you clean the oil filter in the side of the engine? The filter must go back in correctly, or no oil will get to the camshaft.

Yes, the head look oiled, but the sound come mostly from the bottom.

papaoso 12-26-2014 09:09 AM

I see some affordable Lifan 200cc motors at EBAY.

Are compatible?

Can I swap w some adapt?

Were can I find specs, measures?

Thanks.

Weldangrind 12-26-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papaoso (Post 177013)
I see some affordable Lifan 200cc motors at EBAY.

Are compatible?

Can I swap w some adapt?

Were can I find specs, measures?

Thanks.

The Lifan motors on eBay are designed to fit a Honda application. You might be able to make one fit, but it will not be simple.

Where do you live?

papaoso 12-26-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 177018)
The Lifan motors on eBay are designed to fit a Honda application. You might be able to make one fit, but it will not be simple.

Where do you live?

South Florida.
Do you know any Supplier close?

Weldangrind 12-27-2014 02:18 PM

I believe there was a supplier in Florida, but I think they've closed the shop.

Taobao is a source for parts, as Humanbeing indicated. Use Google Chrome, visit www.taobao.com and allow Chrome to translate automatically. Search for ZS250GS, and see what appears.

papaoso 12-27-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 177042)
I believe there was a supplier in Florida, but I think they've closed the shop.

Taobao is a source for parts, as Humanbeing indicated. Use Google Chrome, visit www.taobao.com and allow Chrome to translate automatically. Search for ZS250GS, and see what appears.

whata page taobao! that sacarry me :wtf::lol:
But I thing I can manage it.
I translated from english (well, from Spanish to English first) and to Chinese w google and c/ paste at taobao....and it works. i suppose That the agent in china is other steep, and the delivery time too. But I gona open the motor to see what's wrong, and send you some pics.:thanks: