ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dealer & Distributor Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Q9 Powersports (ongoing review) (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17388)

Republic 08-30-2016 11:23 PM

Q9 Powersports (Negative Experience)

I ordered my bike Monday the 22nd and they shipped it that day. It would have arrived Thursday the 25th but the shipper had issues.

Bike finally arrived Monday the 29th and I immediately sent the MSO request.

My bike came with no instructions and was a little off kilter in the rear. I sent Q9 an email on the 29th but through trial and error (and a ton of help from this forum) I was able to assemble my bike today.

- I'll update when I get my MSO or when I hear back from Q9

Weldangrind 08-31-2016 11:18 AM

Thanks for the play by play. I hope the MSO arrives quickly.

Republic 08-31-2016 01:45 PM

Called on the MSO today because the website had given me some trouble with the captcha codes. They said they had gotten my info and are waiting on the paperwork from the manufacturer and hope to have it sent to me this week.

Republic 09-06-2016 08:04 AM

Thought I should update this, still waiting on my MSO. Hopefully it was just the holidays that have slowed things down because they assured me I'd have it last week.

Republic 09-06-2016 02:46 PM

Called today, they assured me they would mail the MSO today. They are supposed to get back to me on the subframe bend and my unusual assembly issue. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude.

Weldangrind 09-07-2016 10:45 AM

I hope this all goes in your favour.

Republic 09-10-2016 06:09 PM

Got my MSO/MCO today, I'm excited. I'll tag it Monday. Still waiting to hear on my warranty claim.

popeicus86 09-11-2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republic (Post 230846)
Got my MSO/MCO today, I'm excited. I'll tag it Monday. Still waiting to hear on my warranty claim.

good luck with this my friend and I ordered from them and made a warrenty claim on his rear brake master cylinder because it was beyond broken never heard from them after 3 attempts ended up buying a new one on ebay

Weldangrind 09-14-2016 12:21 AM

Republic, were you successful in getting a tag?

Merlin 09-14-2016 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republic (Post 230043)
I ordered my bike Monday the 22nd and they shipped it that day. It would have arrived Thursday the 25th but the shipper had issues.

Bike finally arrived Monday the 29th and I immediately sent the MSO request.

My bike came with no instructions and was a little off kilter in the rear. I sent Q9 an email on the 29th but through trial and error (and a ton of help from this forum) I was able to assemble my bike today.

- I'll update when I get my MSO or when I hear back from Q9

What bike did you get?

Republic 09-14-2016 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlin (Post 231156)
What bike did you get?

A Hawk 250

Fame28 09-15-2016 09:02 AM

Can you explain the issue and upload a photo of the rear subframe bend issue you are having? If you are referring to the taillight and that area looking crooked, it could possibly be due to the rear subframe, but every Hawk I have seen including the two we have are tweaked uneven. Doesn't affect the riding so I never bothered to look into it.

Republic 09-16-2016 06:51 AM

Yes that is what happened, but it was bent so badly i wasn't able to put in the washer on the plastic top rear piece.

http://i.imgur.com/Kd15Sv1.jpg?2

Republic 09-19-2016 04:15 PM

My review isn't yet complete, I'm waiting on Q9 to deliver a replacement seat. I accepted a compromise on the warranty claim and my verdict will depend heavily on whether they follow through or not.

Republic 09-23-2016 08:24 PM

10 days ago they said they were mailing a new seat to me. I emailed them yesterday morning to check on the status and I haven't heard back from them.

My bike arrived dented with seat torn and less assembled than any I've seen online...also with no instructions. I got my MSO eventually but they didn't mail it the day they assured me they would mail it.

If I had it to do over again, I'd have declined the shipment. I wrongly assumed they'd make it right with a discount. My next will probably come from APSCUSA, seems like people have had nothing but good to say about them.

If my seat eventually comes in or they offer a refund of any kind, I'll edit my final verdict, but as of now I'd say I had a decidedly negative experience.