ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Carb problems (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30140)

figgajon 12-23-2021 04:57 PM

Carb problems

Hello, I am new here my name is Jonathan. I was really interested in getting the x22r after viewing many videos about it on YouTube. Anyways, I rode the bike around stock after getting it registered not long after it arrived. I changed out the stock carb to the nibbi racing one that venom motorsports sells as an add on. I tried tuning the nibbi carb to no success, so I decided to put the stock carb back on. :doh: Now the choke acts as the throttle and the throttle has no response. I’m pretty frustrated. :ohno: Any advice would help.
:thanks:

China Rider 27 12-23-2021 09:14 PM

You need to provide some more information about what carburetor you have and exactly how it is acting. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the stock carburetor is a PZ30B? The first thing to do is make sure you are operating the choke correctly, leaving it on or half on will drastically affect throttle and engine performance. Did you make any changes to the carburetor settings? Will it idle with no throttle input?

65cabriolet 12-24-2021 02:37 PM

Make sure you got everything hooked back up correctly, cables in the right place and seated, hoses back where they belong, no leaks in the manifold...

figgajon 12-24-2021 11:57 PM

The choke acts as the throttle what’s more specific than that? Everything was replaced to stock. The choke revs to almost 10,000 with the choke in the “on” position, and stalls the bike out when on the completely “off” position. Throttle has no response at all.

franque 12-25-2021 04:09 AM

My guess is that you let the carb sit with fuel in it? It sounds like the pilot jet is plugged, at least to me.

tknj99 12-25-2021 05:30 AM

Sounds like you didn't seat the slide properly in the chamber. Remove the slide and orient it in different positions until it moves as far down as possible in the chamber.

figgajon 12-27-2021 08:34 AM

Awesome thanks, I’ll check it out today and see if doing any of that helps

JerryHawk250 12-27-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tknj99 (Post 370485)
Sounds like you didn't seat the slide properly in the chamber. Remove the slide and orient it in different positions until it moves as far down as possible in the chamber.

I think we all may have done this once.

Falkon45 12-27-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 370567)
I think we all may have done this once.

Helping my neighbor with his kid's new dirtbike, I accidentally put the slide in crooked, and the needle missed the hole for the jet entirely. I corrected it. Might give him one of my other carbs I have sitting around, just in case.

figgajon 12-27-2021 01:56 PM

It was exactly like you said. Noticed upon taking the carb off, it wasn’t seated all the way. Noob move on my part. Put the nibbi carb on with different jets and it was tuneable to an extent. Sadly the idle adjustment fell out on a test drive. Ordered new one.

JerryHawk250 12-27-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by figgajon (Post 370592)
It was exactly like you said. Noticed upon taking the carb off, it wasn’t seated all the way. Noob move on my part. Put the nibbi carb on with different jets and it was tuneable to an extent. Sadly the idle adjustment fell out on a test drive. Ordered new one.

What size Nibbi did you get? If it's a PE30 it will be hard to tune on a stock engine. A PE28 will be a better match.

JerryHawk250 12-27-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by figgajon (Post 370592)

You don't have to be a noob to make this mistake. Even someone like me that's messed with carbs for over 45 years overlook things like this. The only difference is i knew right away what my mistake was. Just think of it as a learning experience. ;)

figgajon 12-27-2021 05:30 PM

I’m assuming it’s a pe30. Has PE stamped then a serial starting with n30….etc