ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   They called, it's being built!!! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16072)

CSaddict 03-15-2016 05:28 PM

They called, it's being built!!!

Just got the call! Bike is being built this week! Excited.

Woooot!:clap:

surfndirt 03-15-2016 05:54 PM

What number in line were you? I'm 43...guessing it'll be a few weeks for me :p

CSaddict 03-15-2016 06:34 PM

Lee R 03-15-2016 06:50 PM

I think you'll be quite happy with your purchase:tup:

rtking 03-15-2016 07:07 PM

Congrats, CSaddict! The waiting paid-off! :-) Can't wait to read about your impressions once you receive your bike!

SpudRider 03-15-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSaddict (Post 207572)
Just got the call! Bike is being built this week! Excited.

Woooot!:clap:

That's great. :tup: Get your camera ready; we love photos. ;)

CSaddict 03-15-2016 07:43 PM

Absolutely. I'm having it delivered to my shop and told my boss not to touch the crate unless it's smashed. I'm excited.

Lee R 03-15-2016 07:47 PM

I echo Spud, unboxing photo's are great, this things like a giant Christmas present when it comes in! :D

Dualsport Chic 03-15-2016 08:26 PM

Argh - I'm #46. Was hoping our RX3s would be delivered together as we're both in CT but I'm quite a bit behind you in the order.

Waiting patiently . . .

Aleong1967 03-15-2016 10:08 PM

I spoke to Ryan today
All colors except the Orange are in the first 2 containers delivered
Likely the Orange will be in the next containers
Should be deliveried later this week
I am number 13 on the list and in Northern Calif
Likely to see it at my doorstep before the end of the month
Crossing my fingers

pyoungbl 03-18-2016 08:07 PM

Got the call

Ryan called me too. I'm #41 so that means I should see a bike....sorta soon. The next step will be to do the break-in. I understand that the recommended procedure is to stay under 5K rpm for the first 500 miles. That runs counter to what I have done with every other new bike I have bought. I'm inclined to the 'aggressive break-in' school where you try to seat the rings by doing full throttle acceleration in gears 2-5...going to about 6K...and then decelerating with engine braking. This tends to seat the rings nicely. Now, I understand that the RX3 has already been run up to redline by the factory..in fact, up to 84 mph on the dyno. In addition, CSC has already changed the oil so I'm starting with an engine that has clean oil and has already done max performance. With all that said, what's the deal with staying below 5K rpm for the first 500 miles? Exactly what are we bedding in?

Peter Y.

Dualsport Chic 03-18-2016 08:47 PM

Just got my email today as well. Will call Ryan tomorrow and go over the final details.

Woot Woot de Woot!! :yay:

DoomWeasel 03-18-2016 09:15 PM

Hi folks.
First time poster long time lurker. I got the call from Ryan today. My bike is number 42. He said it should be built sometime next week. I ordered Orange. So it sounds like they got the container with the orange bikes. I can hardly wait.

Jay In Milpitas 03-18-2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyoungbl (Post 208019)
With all that said, what's the deal with staying below 5K rpm for the first 500 miles? Exactly what are we bedding in?

Peter Y.

Gears, timing chain, valve components (including the roller cam follower), but most important is *normalizing* the cast parts.

All metal expands and contracts with heat & cooling. There's a posting about it somewhere. In brief, the cylinder, head, and cases will change their shape minutely until they've become seasoned. Run hard and hot too soon and they may take a form that is beneficial, or detrimental. This is why builders of performance car engines prefer to start with a used old block, it's taken it's final shape.

But it's your bike, do what you want.

Ron B 03-19-2016 02:42 PM

when I called yesterday for a price delivered and availability, he told me he should have all his preorders done in a couple of weeks.