ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Zongshen RX3 carbureted version mods & repairs (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14455)

Weldangrind 02-24-2015 10:13 PM

Finding a way to turn that screw (if equipped) is the challenge. I use a tiny hex ratchet with a flat head screwdriver bit.

FTEY 02-25-2015 12:08 AM

i guessed so. the space available is close to none.....haha.....went out just now and experienced the same thing again. Was at the traffic light, in 1st gear, clutch fully pressed...engine died while idling and took a few attempts to start it back.

SpudRider 02-25-2015 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTEY (Post 180277)
i guessed so. the space available is close to none.....haha.....went out just now and experienced the same thing again. Was at the traffic light, in 1st gear, clutch fully pressed...engine died while idling and took a few attempts to start it back.

Perhaps you merely need to increase the idle speed. ;) The idle speed adjuster is shown inside the yellow circle in the photograph below. Merely tighten, or loosen the screw to adjust the idle speed of the engine. :)

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...psszkzqrrt.jpg

Adventore 02-25-2015 01:17 AM

Hi, I own a KTN RS3 too. I am from Penang, Malaysia. I am having problem for both engine cold start and restart after engine is warmed up. The engine died after engaging the first gear even though the clutch lever is fully pressed. My current RPM setting is around 1.8k to 2k. I think it is too high. and I often smell fuel from the exhaust. I will send my bike back to tuning this Saturday since it is still under warranty.

If you would like to tune the carb by yourself, make sure that you do it after the engine is warmed up.

Cheers

SpudRider 02-25-2015 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adventore (Post 180282)
Hi, I own a KTN RS3 too. I am from Penang, Malaysia. I am having problem for both engine cold start and restart after engine is warmed up. The engine died after engaging the first gear even though the clutch lever is fully pressed. My current RPM setting is around 1.8k to 2k. I think it is too high. and I often smell fuel from the exhaust. I will send my bike back to tuning this Saturday since it is still under warranty.

If you would like to tune the carb by yourself, make sure that you do it after the engine is warmed up.

Cheers

Welcome; we are glad you joined us. :hi:

Your problems also sound as if they might be caused by an improper adjustment of the pilot mixture screw (PMS). Indeed, the PMS should be adjusted when the engine is hot. I emphasize, the engine must be hot, not warm. ;) After your problem is resolved, please let us know how it was fixed. :)

Adventore 02-25-2015 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 180284)

Your problems also sound as if they might be caused by an improper adjustment of the pilot mixture screw (PMS). Indeed, the PMS should be adjusted when the engine is hot. I emphasize, the engine must be hot, not warm. ;) After your problem is resolved, please let us know how it was fixed. :)

I will make sure my both eyes are glued to my bike when they are tuning my bike. ;)

Weldangrind 02-25-2015 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adventore (Post 180282)

Cheers

Welcome! Thanks for signing up. Please show us pics of your bike.

SpudRider 02-25-2015 01:50 AM

X2. :) If you have time, please post a thread in our Introduce Yourself forum, and include photographs of your KTN RS3. We love to view photos from different parts of our world. :tup:

Adventore 02-25-2015 02:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 180292)
Welcome! Thanks for signing up. Please show us pics of your bike.

https://plus.google.com/photos/album...34554099001210

Not sure am I doing this right. I haven't posted in forum for a long long time. Please let me know if you all can view it.

I have changed the top box to bigger box. The rest remain the same as the rest of the world. ;)

Adventore 02-25-2015 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 180297)
X2. :) If you have time, please post a thread in our Introduce Yourself forum, and include photographs of your KTN RS3. We love to view photos from different parts of our world. :tup:

How can I find the thread? Please advise.

Adventore 02-25-2015 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 180284)

Thanks. I really hope that they can solve my problem by just adjusting the PMS.

FTEY 02-25-2015 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adventore (Post 180301)
Thanks. I really hope that they can solve my problem by just adjusting the PMS.

Hello fellow Penangite Adventore.
Where did you get your bike. looks like the idling thing is a common prob for new bikes.
What box did you get? am looking for one also coz the current one is just a bit too small.

Adventore 02-25-2015 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTEY (Post 180306)
Hello fellow Penangite Adventore.
Where did you get your bike. looks like the idling thing is a common prob for new bikes.
What box did you get? am looking for one also coz the current one is just a bit too small.

FTEY. I got my bike from one of the motorcycle shop at mainland of Penang State. The brand of the box that I changed is Coocase. Model number S48-L Luxury.

SpudRider 02-25-2015 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adventore (Post 180300)
How can I find the thread? Please advise.

I'm sorry; the correct name of the forum is New Member Introductions. ;) If you have time, please post a new thread and introduce yourself to our community at the following link. :)

http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112

FTEY 02-25-2015 05:17 AM

Confirmed there's a brass screw under that carb and it should be the PMS screw.
Problem now is getting there is a pain. Space is so small. Cant even get the smallest screwdriver in there let alone my hand or fingers. And with the hot engine right in front...... Unless you have an angled screwdriver or the long flexible ones.... Guess i need to send it to the shop to do it.