ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   What is the deal with Chinese dual sport kickstands? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31788)

Dusman 10-27-2022 09:48 AM

What is the deal with Chinese dual sport kickstands?

Hello there,

Longtime Chinabike owner here. I have the venerable Hawk 250, and it's been gold for the past 12,000 miles. However, the one thing that just bugs the mess out of me is this:

Why in the world do the Hawks, TBR7s, Brozz 250s have kickstands that are too short? What is up with that?

If anyone has any legit insight on this issue, I'm interested in hearing it.

TominMO 10-27-2022 10:02 AM

If they were built for bikes with smaller tires, and then taller tires were put on in a later model year or different version without altering the kickstands, that would explain part of it at least. But yeah, it's weird that you see so many factory pics of Chinese bikes using something under the kickstand to make the bike more vertical.

JerryHawk250 10-27-2022 10:12 AM

What's crazy is that the Kickstand on my KPX250 seem almost too long. The bike almost stands vertical and it a taller bike.

Bill Hilly 10-27-2022 10:42 AM

IMO .The kickstand on my Brozz 250 that I had seemed about right,but that was a 2020 model, and the kickstand on the TBR7 that I now have is actually too long. I don't have trouble getting on the bike, but it stands nearly straight upright, with so little lean that I sometimes think a strong wind could knock it over. The Chinese bikes are not the only bikes with poorly thought out kickstands. I have a small Yamaha Virago, and it leans so bad on flat ground that it almost wants to tip over . I have a 1" block in the building specially for parking the Virago, and another in the driveway.

TominMO 10-27-2022 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 385735)
What's crazy is that the Kickstand on my KPX250 seem almost too long. The bike almost stands vertical and it a taller bike.

Yeah. same here. The floor in my 1926 dirt-floor garage is not perfectly level, slightly higher on the left side, so I actually use a ratchet strap to make sure the bike can't fall over to the right when parked there.

Maybe they likee mess with big-nose foreign devils.....

letsride 10-27-2022 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 385735)

Same here too, ya gotta watch where you throw that stand down. If you breathe on the thing it will fall over. Not a big deal though I just watch where I put the stand down. I do prefer the KPX kick stand over the Brozz I had.

Boatguy 10-27-2022 06:43 PM

The xpect doesn’t seem to have this issue

miraclepieco 10-29-2022 03:13 AM

I lengthened mine by about 2 inches.

Captcj68chris@aol. 10-29-2022 03:48 PM

Hi all, 2020 tbr7. I've lowered my bike as much as I can because I'm short. Lol forks 2 inches up, rear shock preload backed all the way down. I cut about 1.5 inches out of my stand and it still sits too vertical for me. I can't cut any more out. Is there a replacement stand that can be used that is shorter and a direct bolt on? ( I.E. RM80?) I've looked on Amazon for one, however what the have looks weak and flimsy, with terrible reviews.
Christopher

CheapThrills 10-29-2022 05:01 PM

My TBR7 kickstand is too long.

buzz 10-29-2022 05:51 PM

Mine too, just shorten and good to go.easy fix.

Megadan 10-29-2022 06:12 PM

Random parts bin bikes. Gotta love them.

zero_dgz 10-29-2022 06:42 PM

I had to shorten the kickstand on my RXB. The thing made the bike stand nearly vertical even when unloaded. With the slightest amount of luggage it would have tipped over to the right. Meanwhile, Orion's product pictures all show a block of wood under the kickstand to make it stand more upright. My only conclusion is that the lengths of the kick stands must be complete random.

Fun fact: I discovered that the kick stand on the RXB is solid steel. Not a tube. Son of a bitch has to weigh at least five pounds. Perfect for motocamping in the woods, I guess, if you find yourself needing an emergency back up weapon to fend of a bear. Or maybe you need to temporarily hold up a bridge.

Strangely, the stand on my Bashan Enforcer is just about perfect. Even has a little rubber anti-vibration thingy on it.

TominMO 10-29-2022 07:22 PM

There is a simple and very effective solution to all this. Just carry an 8ft 2x6 board with you when riding. When you park it. put the board on the ground and ride up onto it. Then the kickstand will effectively be about 1 3/4" shorter. If that's too short, get an 8ft 1x6. Possibly you could get by with a 6ft length. Problem solved. You're welcome.

Or just park with the left side downhill.

PhoenixX2 10-31-2022 02:09 AM

The kickstand on my 2021 TBR7D is the perfect length, but I've seen several comments around talking about TBR7 kickstands being too long. My guess is they just throw whatever kickstands they can grab on them at the factory regardless of fit.