ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   CSC takes on Japan ADVs (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20360)

wheelbender6 12-07-2017 07:19 PM

CSC takes on Japan ADVs

Nice small ADV shootout on motorcycle.com.
They rode the RXR, rather then the RX3.
http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...t-adv-shootout
One thing bugs me:
The CSC website claims the RXR has almost 25hp, while motorcycle.com lists the RXR at a little over 20HP. Maybe a typo at the magazine.

AdventureDad 12-07-2017 08:02 PM

They also griped about no rear rack. Overall it did pretty well. They sounded fair

rd1959 12-07-2017 08:18 PM

It was a good read but, as seems usual, in the comments section the RX3 was hardly mentioned. Looks like the biggest obstacle facing the RX3 is getting over the "Chinese crap" way of thinking most people have in this country. Well, I'm satisfied with mine and that's all that really matters.

AdventureDad 12-07-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rd1959 (Post 270330)
It was a good read but, as seems usual, in the comments section the RX3 was hardly mentioned. Looks like the biggest obstacle facing the RX3 is getting over the "Chinese crap" way of thinking most people have in this country. Well, I'm satisfied with mine and that's all that really matters.

It’s really getting better though, as far as the Moto journalists go. They seem to take the bike seriously, whether they like it, love it or hate it.

Azhule 12-08-2017 03:03 AM

I'm guessing it's a 25hp engine by itself/no 'mechanical losses', 20hp after it goes through the transmission, down the chain and to the wheel... all with a bone dry chain, out of spec valves, and crap fluids in the crankcase :p

wheelbender6 12-08-2017 08:14 AM

Azhule os correct about the RXR horsepower. The CSC site lists hp measured at the crankshaft. Motorcycle.com sent me a message that they list rear wheel horsepower.

2LZ 12-08-2017 12:21 PM

I thought it was a fair test. No, the CSC suspension is not the greatest BUT....I'd like to see what the Japanese could come up with for 3500.00. According to my latest buyers guide, new 60cc dirt bikes are almost 5k.

For the life of me though I'll never understand why they (not just this shootout but most) have an Enduro (true dual sport) up against ADV bikes. The ADV bike is more of a scrambler and more street oriented than the light weight and huge suspension travel of a dirt bike with lights.

pistolclass 12-08-2017 03:10 PM

So I don't mean to be a rabble rouser here but had the CSC had the issue that the Kawi had with the kickstand switch would they have been so understanding and blamed the conditions and not just chalked it up to chinese junk... guess we will never know. I do know is the CSC was not laid on it's side to make a trail side fix.

Just an observation.

CBM (my new replacement to BLM)

Azhule 12-08-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 270362)
So I don't mean to be a rabble rouser here but had the CSC had the issue that the Kawi had with the kickstand switch would they have been so understanding and blamed the conditions and not just chalked it up to chinese junk... guess we will never know.

I think everyone is already used to Kawi and the shoddy Kickstand/Neutral Switch faults, it's just common knowledge to bypass it the first or second time the bike cuts out for no reason while riding :lol:

It's really funny how that safety switch is still shutting off brand new Kawi's... can't they figure out a fix already?!? Easily been happening for over 25 years on their "dual sport/adventure bike" range :hehe:

1cylinderwonder 12-08-2017 07:22 PM

No, rear wheel horsepower!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelbender6 (Post 270328)
Nice small ADV shootout on motorcycle.com.
They rode the RXR, rather then the RX3.
http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...t-adv-shootout
One thing bugs me:
The CSC website claims the RXR has almost 25hp, while motorcycle.com lists the RXR at a little over 20HP. Maybe a typo at the magazine.

They measured all three bike’s horsepower at rear wheel on a dyno. This is what really matters. Not HP at the crank.

1cylinderwonder 12-08-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdventureDad (Post 270329)
They also griped about no rear rack. Overall it did pretty well. They sounded fair

I bought the CSC rear rack for the RXR when I purchased my RXR.
Without the rack, you cannot really carry much on the RXR.

1cylinderwonder 12-08-2017 07:27 PM

RXR has no kickstand switch!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 270362)
So I don't mean to be a rabble rouser here but had the CSC had the issue that the Kawi had with the kickstand switch would they have been so understanding and blamed the conditions and not just chalked it up to chinese junk... guess we will never know. I do know is the CSC was not laid on it's side to make a trail side fix.
Just an observation.
CBM (my new replacement to BLM)

My RXR does not have a safety switch on n the kick stand. Very disappointing!:hehe:

1cylinderwonder 12-08-2017 07:36 PM

I dumped MY RXR and bought a Versys-X 300

I was very disappointed with my purchase of the CSC RXR last year. So I sold it and purchased a new Versys-X 300 for $4,495.
The Kawi is much, much better than the RXR!
I don’t have to change the oil and filter so often and the valves only have to be adjusted every 15,000 miles!
Instead of doing maintenance on the RXR, I’m out riding my Versys!
No need to look back!

AdventureDad 12-08-2017 09:46 PM

Other than a few min changing oil, (yes, the valves are a pita) why were you disappointed in your RXR?

2LZ 12-12-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdventureDad (Post 270389)
Other than a few min changing oil, (yes, the valves are a pita) why were you disappointed in your RXR?

Come on AD, he owned it for a grand total of 73 hours. That's all that was needed.