ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Video and Pics (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Down By the River (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34172)

Zapkin 05-01-2024 11:46 AM

Down By the River

2 Attachment(s)
Down by the river. That neil young song came to mind at the exact time I was posting this AND thinking about my ex wife. heheheh

If you know, you know, if not search for "Down by the River" by Neil Young. Love that old song!!!!

Do©Hawk 05-01-2024 03:07 PM

Looks peaceful. I have to admit, my 1st thought was Chris Farley living in a van down by the river!

Sport Rider 05-01-2024 03:12 PM

Sweet Home Alabama fan here. ;)

Zapkin 05-01-2024 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport Rider (Post 407754)
Sweet Home Alabama fan here. ;)

Hey Alabama has come a long way from their white sheet wearing racist days right? Neil knew what was up but those skinless lynerds were too proud to admit it. now I have to listen to them. They have so many awesome songs too!

jsumd 05-01-2024 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Do©Hawk (Post 407753)
Looks peaceful. I have to admit, my 1st thought was Chris Farley living in a van down by the river!

My first thought as well haha

Zapkin 05-02-2024 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Do©Hawk (Post 407753)

If I don't quit eating so many wings and drinking beer I may soon be as large as he was and be forced into living down by the river. hehe. near there are some old mining structures that I could make into a wonderful one man homeless encampment. Now you got me thinking. I just need to gain another 100 pounds and this dream could become a reality.

Do©Hawk 05-02-2024 07:27 AM

Plenty of free coffee tables on Craigslist to fall on...:lol:

Zapkin 05-02-2024 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Do©Hawk (Post 407806)
Plenty of free coffee tables on Craigslist to fall on...:lol:

probably all full of bedbugs

Sport Rider 05-02-2024 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapkin (Post 407761)
Hey Alabama has come a long way from their white sheet wearing racist days right? Neil knew what was up but those skinless lynerds were too proud to admit it. now I have to listen to them. They have so many awesome songs too!

Even Neil admitted that his lyrics were too generalized and he realized he was disrespecting an entire population rather than those who were racist. In Skynard's song, they simply pointed that out with their reference to Wallace and then calling out the hypocricy of Watergate. Afterwards, Neil never performed that song again as he realized it went a bit too far. BTW...both musical groups actually respected and liked each other. :)

enough 50 year old history....now back to motorcycles. :D

Zapkin 05-02-2024 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport Rider (Post 407814)
Even Neil admitted that his lyrics were too generalized and he realized he was disrespecting an entire population rather than those who were racist. In Skynard's song, they simply pointed that out with their reference to Wallace and then calling out the hypocricy of Watergate. Afterwards, Neil never performed that song again as he realized it went a bit too far. BTW...both musical groups actually respected and liked each other. :)

enough 50 year old history....now back to motorcycles. :D

thats actually good to know. thanks. I am glad that happened. because its true, you cant lump everyone into one bag with the bad guys.

2LZ 05-02-2024 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapkin (Post 407816)
its true, you cant lump everyone into one bag

Hmmmm..... then why do all my friends think I'm a dick? ;-) They even gave me the t-shirt!

Zapkin 05-02-2024 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 407825)
Hmmmm..... then why do all my friends think I'm a dick? ;-) They even gave me the t-shirt!

i just laughed out loud at that one bro LOL