ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Finally got my storm!!! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21568)

Nyccooldude 06-20-2018 10:06 PM

Finally got my storm!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys so I finally got my Storm and have no idea how to PUT her together!!! I've got the wheels and kickstand on so I can roll it around. Can anyone help me or at least an idea on how to put in the speedometer sensor?

ChipToothy 06-20-2018 10:11 PM

Welcome to the Storm club. I had no idea what I was doing a month ago but can tell you that having a tube of axle grease, 2 quarts of the right oil and 243 Loctite all on the ready is imperative to begin.

Nyccooldude 06-20-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipToothy (Post 284092)
Welcome to the Storm club. I had no idea what I was doing a month ago but can tell you that having a tube of axle grease, 2 quarts of the right oil and 243 Loctite all on the ready is imperative to begin.

Yeah I've been reading a lot of info here and I got myself 2 qts of t4 15-40 oil, loctite and hi temp grease as well as axle grease :clap:. I just need to know how the speed sensor is installed

Megadan 06-21-2018 04:55 AM

Speedometer sensor mounts between the right fork and the wheel. It should have 2-4 tangs that line up with slots in the wheel to drive it, and the axle bolt goes through it then through the wheel. You will see a tab on the speedo sensor that is designed to come in contact with another tab on the fork lower that helps locate and hold said speed sensor from freely rotating. Make sure it rests on the tab in the right position.On the other side of the wheel should be a spacer between the wheel and the left fork.

Hopefully another Storm owner can come to the rescue with a picture that shows you what I am talking about.

goat67 06-21-2018 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 284107)
Speedometer sensor mounts between the right fork and the wheel.
It has 2 tangs that line up with slots in the wheel to drive it.
The axle bolt goes through it then through the wheel.
You will see a tab on the speedo sensor that is designed to come in contact with another tab on the fork lower that helps locate and hold said speed sensor from freely rotating.
Make sure it rests on the tab in the right position.
On the other side of the wheel a spacer is between the wheel and the left fork.

This is exactly how to assemble this. If you must have a picture let us know but this description should be sufficient.

Weldangrind 06-21-2018 10:57 AM

That is a really sharp bike! I love the Storm wide saddle, counter-balanced engine and USD forks.

Nyccooldude 06-21-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 284127)
That is a really sharp bike! I love the Storm wide saddle, counter-balanced engine and USD forks.

I wasn't really fond of the orange but seeing it in person it's a different story now lol.

Nyccooldude 06-21-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 284107)
Speedometer sensor mounts between the right fork and the wheel. It should have 2-4 tangs that line up with slots in the wheel to drive it, and the axle bolt goes through it then through the wheel. You will see a tab on the speedo sensor that is designed to come in contact with another tab on the fork lower that helps locate and hold said speed sensor from freely rotating. Make sure it rests on the tab in the right position.On the other side of the wheel should be a spacer between the wheel and the left fork.

Hopefully another Storm owner can come to the rescue with a picture that shows you what I am talking about.

Yeah this helped a lot!!! I got it on and now loctite is going on every location possible. Thanks for the info :tup:

JerryHawk250 06-21-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyccooldude (Post 284146)
I wasn't really fond of the orange but seeing it in person it's a different story now lol.

Nice looking bike. I always like the orange. :tup: The hawk isn't available in orange so it was either blue or black.
If you have any questions on assembly of the Storm I would hit Cravin01 up on questions. I'm surprise he hasn't jumped in yet. He has a few videos posted up on here.

slowroller 06-21-2018 03:23 PM

Thats a sharp bike.

slowroller 06-21-2018 03:42 PM

Really like silver or chrome whatever wheels.

Nyccooldude 06-21-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowroller (Post 284161)
Really like silver or chrome whatever wheels.

You know with all the hype I never noticed they are chrome!

Nyccooldude 06-21-2018 06:30 PM

:doh: So does anyone know what kind of batteries fit on this bike? I dropped mine and it cracked leaking acid on my driveway.

Cravin01 06-21-2018 07:26 PM

It's just as Dan said. I do have some video of putting the front wheel on but I didn't get too in depth with it or the sensor, as you now know there are lots of little things going on in putting one together.

Now that I have the blue I'd like to have the orange, but after having the orange I know I would want the green or maybe the red.I think black would be my favorite .....unless the made it in white.

Nice bike.

Nyccooldude 06-21-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cravin01 (Post 284186)
It's just as Dan said. I do have some video of putting the front wheel on but I didn't get too in depth with it or the sensor, as you now know there are lots of little things going on in putting one together.

Now that I have the blue I'd like to have the orange, but after having the orange I know I would want the green or maybe the red.I think black would be my favorite .....unless the made it in white.

Nice bike.

I've actually used your vids from you tube and wrote to you asking about the fuel gauge caps.
I would love the blue one or black as well