ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   ATVs (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Coolster 3150-DX2 vs. Taotao 150 Bull (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17993)

zackattack91 01-03-2017 07:23 AM

Coolster 3150-DX2 vs. Taotao 150 Bull

Hey guys, trying to decide between 2 near identical 150cc ATVs. Coolster or Taotao. I've researched that the coolster has a much bigger gas tank, holding nearly 2 gallons. The coolster also has an added kick start, in the event you're out wheeling and you get a short circuit you won't be stuck in the woods. And I believe the ground clearance is a little higher on the coolster. The new Taotao bull comes with led headlights. The coolster is a little more money and based on reviews has a sturdy frame. So based on you're own experiences, which is the better buy? Thanks!

JerryHawk250 01-03-2017 07:48 AM

Coolster 3150-DX2 . I have used the kick start a few times. The remote start / alarm system drains the battery. I don't think they come with remote start anymore. The new Coolsters come with LED head lights.

2LZ 01-03-2017 10:59 AM

I own neither but I've researched both for Mrs 2LZ.
The Bull is shorter and slight wider from what I've read. The Coolster is longer and slightly narrower.
I have a Tao Tao Rhino, and it's an decent quad but my choice for Mrs 2LZ will be the Coolster with the new front disk brakes. (DX3?)

Numbrseven 01-03-2017 11:04 AM

I just went through the same process. I bought 2 Coolsters. No regrets.

zackattack91 01-03-2017 05:46 PM

auto choke

how do you like the auto choke? quick question, say i wanted to get an aftermarket Nibbi carb or any carb besides stock that has a manual choke, would you just zip tie up and cap the wire connector that would normally connect to the plug from the auto choke, and everything would be cool? or could this have some kind of effect on the CDI? but first off? do you like the auto choke? does it do its job? how do you know its working?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbrseven (Post 239665)
I just went through the same process. I bought 2 Coolsters. No regrets.

Numbrseven 01-06-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zackattack91 (Post 239690)
how do you like the auto choke? quick question, say i wanted to get an aftermarket Nibbi carb or any carb besides stock that has a manual choke, would you just zip tie up and cap the wire connector that would normally connect to the plug from the auto choke, and everything would be cool? or could this have some kind of effect on the CDI? but first off? do you like the auto choke? does it do its job? how do you know its working?

We just got them for Christmas. The auto-chokes have worked fine so far. I did have a little problem with one of the carbs getting junk stuck in it and the disassembly screws are all plugged, so I ended up buying an aftermarket carb for that one and have another "original" for a spare. I don't think there would be any problem if you decided to go to a manual choke though.

FLASHLIGHTBOY 01-07-2017 03:49 PM

screws

hello...the screws are ant tamper proof for the EPA use a drill and remove them..