ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Sightings (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Cropping up in Cedar City, UT (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=1639)

principal 09-11-2007 11:36 AM

Cropping up in Cedar City, UT

First sighting was my next door neighbor, purchased online from some shop in AZ. Next was my first one, used, 150 Maxfine Trailmaster (wrecked, but working on it). Next one, my baby, Shineray 200cc Gy-2, new from Powersportsmax.com. Saw another yesterday near our University (Southern Utah University), toolbox trunk, Lifan (?) 200cc. We have two dealers, but one is never open (!) and the other sells mostly pocketbikes, etc. Can get parts, tho. It's fun to see these crop up.

maf119l 09-11-2007 11:56 AM

Hope you let them know about this site.Including the dealer that is open.I think the more dealers who join the better.

AZ200cc 09-11-2007 02:27 PM

I like hearing a another Maxfine might be on the site. You did say it was Yours right Principal?

principal 09-11-2007 05:49 PM

Yes, 05 maxfine 150. I was riding on a slick trail when we parted ways die to an rut and exposed root. Lost brake pedal and lever, blinkers, most of the plastic. Forks may be compromised, I am having a mechanic look right now. Hope to get it fixed so my boy can ride it. Fun bike, although I will say the Shineray is much better built, but the guy who had the maxfine before me abused it quite badly. Good bike overall, hope I can fix it.

AZ200cc 09-11-2007 08:56 PM

Mines the 200cc, The motor is solid and the bike seems to be pretty good quality.....Some parts are cheapos though. Mine is an 06 I think...But the newer Chinese bikes are better quality in a lot of areas than the old Maxfine. I just love it's retro styling and the seat is so comfy.

principal 09-13-2007 12:16 PM

Met a couple outside of Walmart today, they have a Shineray XY200 like mine, sand inverted forks and disc rear brake. Bought it through the paper from a guy in St. George that SAYS he isn't a dealer - but - he imports these and then jacks the price up. They paid $1600 for one with about 10 miles on it. I paid $800+shipping for a brand new one through Powersportsmax. They love the bike, but wish they had gotten a better deal.

DesertDog 04-17-2008 09:36 AM

china bikes

i cannot tell anyone about dealers ? or leave web site ? or ?
i cant figure out what im suppose to do cause frosbite keeps warning me to do something before I claim i'm a dealer and nothing makes sense,
any ideas would help?
actual guidence to support of the tool section or signiture or ? something ! i am totaly lost

AZ200cc 04-17-2008 01:16 PM

Re: china bikes

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDog
i cannot tell anyone about dealers ? or leave web site ? or ?
i cant figure out what im suppose to do cause frosbite keeps warning me to do something before I claim i'm a dealer and nothing makes sense,
any ideas would help?
actual guidence to support of the tool section or signiture or ? something ! i am totaly lost

Dealers just have to make sure everyone knows they are a dealer in there signatures, It is so that everyone is on the same playing field and people cannot recommend a site they own while trying to remain anonymous.

gdcone 06-13-2009 12:27 PM

A new one in Cedar...

My son bought his own LF200gy-5 this winter. He will be legal on the road (just turning sixteen) this summer.

SpudRider 06-22-2009 11:54 AM

Re: A new one in Cedar...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdcone
My son bought his own LF200gy-5 this winter. He will be legal on the road (just turning sixteen) this summer.

Welcome to these forums! I am sure your son has many beautiful places to ride near Cedar City. :)

Spud :)