ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Hawk registration in pennsylvania? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19483)

fishman10 07-05-2017 07:00 PM

Hawk registration in pennsylvania?

Has anyone tried to get a hawk registered in PA,,,,,an if so was it successful. ,,what hoops needed to be jumped thru?

BlackBike 07-06-2017 12:22 AM

Some

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?p=219303

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?p=239826

fishman10 07-06-2017 06:43 AM

Pa registration on hawk

Thx for the link. ,,,tried searching it ,but for some reason it wouldn't work on my phone. ,,,,,,Strange tho as there is a car lot selling hawks ,,, ,but he wants $2200. Way too much ,,,just thought I could get it online an save a bunch!

Megadan 07-06-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishman10 (Post 260853)
Thx for the link. ,,,tried searching it ,but for some reason it wouldn't work on my phone. ,,,,,,Strange tho as there is a car lot selling hawks ,,, ,but he wants $2200. Way too much ,,,just thought I could get it online an save a bunch!

$2200? Hell for that money I would just get a TT250. More or less a Hawk, but with some upgrades. USD front forks, adjustable rear preload, counterbalanced engine so it;'s a bit smoother, CARB legal - which means it's legal to register in every state.

rvl8rida 07-06-2017 11:49 AM

just a heads up, I tried to register my TMEC 200 and they declined my registration saying 2 numbers in the vin didnt decode. whatever that means.

I dont know if thats just a freak thing that happened to me, and i havent contested it yet cause i havent had any time, but it is annoying that I have a bike that works and should be legal, but my local govn is telling me i cant ride it.

Just take my damn money and let me ride.

BlackBike 07-06-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvl8rida (Post 260873)
just a heads up, I tried to register my TMEC 200 and they declined my registration saying 2 numbers in the vin didnt decode. whatever that means.

I dont know if thats just a freak thing that happened to me, and i havent contested it yet cause i havent had any time, but it is annoying that I have a bike that works and should be legal, but my local govn is telling me i cant ride it.

Just take my damn money and let me ride.

Who knows what's going on with the computer system or if they even know what they are doing. One other idea to help your cause is to do a pencil etching /photos of the vin number from the neck of the bike just to bolster your argument. J.A.Suggestion

fishman10 07-09-2017 09:48 PM

Pa registration on hawk

Change of plans. ,,,,,,,maybe. The car lot dealer I had mentioned tgatvwas selling hawks ,,is now selling bashan storm 250 ,,,an said I can get one in the crate for $1600. An they will register an license it right there (for a fee of course) I'm going to pay with a card. So I have some recourse should the registering doesn't go thru,,,,, but they assure me they can do it ,,an they've been in business a very long time ,,,,Please chime in with thoughts on the bashan storm? And the price ,,before I pull the trigger .

Megadan 07-09-2017 11:15 PM

From what I understand, the Bashan bikes tend to have less issues with registration than the Hawks do. Either way, good choice and good luck!

BlackBike 07-10-2017 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishman10 (Post 261101)
Change of plans. ,,,,,,,maybe. The car lot dealer I had mentioned tgatvwas selling hawks ,,is now selling bashan storm 250 ,,,an said I can get one in the crate for $1600. An they will register an license it right there (for a fee of course) I'm going to pay with a card. So I have some recourse should the registering doesn't go thru,,,,, but they assure me they can do it ,,an they've been in business a very long time ,,,,Please chime in with thoughts on the bashan storm? And the price ,,before I pull the trigger .

Pull it. It's going rate and is of better quality relativity speaking. You will see., great lifan engine too.

fishman10 07-10-2017 05:43 AM

Bashan storm / vs hawk

Thanks black bike ,,,I think I will today ,,was deterred slightly by the diff wheel sizes an tire choices,,,,I any one knows good sources for the common parts ,,,sprockets, cables. ,,brake pads. And the links for carb jets. An that exhaust everyone is using. I'd appreciate it. ,,,,I had to zong sierra s. And a rx3. ,,,,,,so I know what I'm in for. ,,,this bike is to ride me over till the zong 450 comes out !

fishman10 07-10-2017 08:34 PM

Bashan storm / vs hawk

2 Attachment(s)
Pulled the trigger on the bashan,,since dealer assures me the registration an title will go thru. I paid with a card. ,just in case ,,,an no mods till I see a PA title an registration in my hand. ,,,but I have the plate an temporary reg. Woo hoo!

fishman10 07-10-2017 08:35 PM

Bashan storm / vs hawk

Sorry. Have no idea why pics are sideways,,

Megadan 07-10-2017 10:24 PM

Congrats, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you on registration. The sideways pics happen sometimes with mobile uploads, not a big deal. Have fun with the assembly. Nice color.

Weldangrind 07-11-2017 12:44 AM

Congrats on the new bike.

Please tell us about the tractor.

fishman10 07-11-2017 05:38 AM

Pa registration on hawk

Weld. ,,,it's my landlords old Oliver,,,it's been sitting there torn down for restore for 10 years. All sandblasted ,,,new tires lots an lots of new parts in boxes,,,but he lost interest an wants to sell it ,,but with the engine out an torn down ,,he's not getting any bites.