ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   RX 3 lost mirror reflector (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15668)

Tiger12XC 12-17-2015 01:49 PM

RX 3 lost mirror reflector

1 Attachment(s)
I have been looking for a good reason to buy a set of the Doubletake Mirrors for my RX3 and have just found the greatest reason of all. I lost the reflector on the freeway a few days ago and it was run over by 50 cars before I could loop back around to try and save it. My wife and I have both had problems with the backing on the reflectors getting loose and the reflectors hanging out by a small piece of the foam sticky tape but have never lost one completely. I ordered two sets of the Doubletakes and they should arrive today from here.
http://www.advdesigns.com/doenadmimain.html
Warranty statement on the Doubletake Mirrors: it is made right here in Colorado Springs from a super tough nylon that we are so certain will survive we offer a lifetime warranty (on the housing, not the glass, but you can buy the glass seperately), and sure enough, it folds right down when you want it gone.

Here is the picture of the missing reflector on my right mirror. Sorry for the fingerprints I just ate fried chicken.

SpudRider 12-17-2015 02:20 PM

The Doubletake mirrors are great. :tup:

P.S. I love fried chicken. :)

Tiger12XC 12-18-2015 10:06 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are pics of the Doubletakes installed. I was short two mirror and looked at the packing list to see what was going on and they are shipping them later. As soon as I finished installing them on my RX3 I got notification that the second mirrors shipped. I had all the parts in the first shipment but the second set of reflectors for my wife's RX3. She has loose reflectors but they are still somewhat attached. I am very happy with the low vibration of these mirrors, my right mirror is the one that broke and it was always blurry over 7000rpm. the Doubletakes seem to absorb some of that vibration pretty well.

Danimal 12-18-2015 11:09 AM

Two comments:
The right stock mirror does vibrate more because the weight of the brake master cylinder creates an oscillation. And my Doubletakes also nearly eliminated it as well.
Second, try lowering them more and tilting downwards. You will get a better view and can actually use the mirrors to reduce wind and cold on the hands.

Like this
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...psukoqj8hb.jpg

keithmaine 12-18-2015 11:29 AM

Very nice :tup: Dan

Tiger12XC 12-18-2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danimal (Post 200882)
Two comments:
The right stock mirror does vibrate more because the weight of the brake master cylinder creates an oscillation. And my Doubletakes also nearly eliminated it as well.
Second, try lowering them more and tilting downwards. You will get a better view and can actually use the mirrors to reduce wind and cold on the hands.

Like this
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...psukoqj8hb.jpg

Thanks for the info, I did notice my shoulders where in the way with them up high. The cold is not a problem down here in South Texas, notice the plants are still trying to put out leaves and blooms in the pics. My Kumquat Tree is still trying to bloom and put out fruit see it in the top right hand corner of the third picture.

Tiger12XC 12-18-2015 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just noticed your GPS Dan. How did you mount it? looks similar to the way I mounted my Zumo. Or is it suction cup to the windscreen?

detours 12-18-2015 11:54 AM

I'm liking those mirrors ... very tempting!

SpudRider 12-18-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger12XC (Post 200876)
Here are pics of the Doubletakes installed. I was short two mirror and looked at the packing list to see what was going on and they are shipping them later. As soon as I finished installing them on my RX3 I got notification that the second mirrors shipped. I had all the parts in the first shipment but the second set of reflectors for my wife's RX3. She has loose reflectors but they are still somewhat attached. I am very happy with the low vibration of these mirrors, my right mirror is the one that broke and it was always blurry over 7000rpm. the Doubletakes seem to absorb some of that vibration pretty well.

Thanks for posting the photos, and update. :) I see you got the 'coffin' mirrors. ;)

Did you ream the holes in the handlebar ends to accept the D-Flex handguards?

keithmaine 12-18-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detours (Post 200890)
I'm liking those mirrors ... very tempting!

the farkles just keep adding up, don't they :)

Danimal 12-18-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger12XC (Post 200888)
I just noticed your GPS Dan. How did you mount it? looks similar to the way I mounted my Zumo. Or is it suction cup to the windscreen?

Dood. Where in the hell do you think I got the idea?

Tiger12XC 12-18-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 200894)
Thanks for posting the photos, and update. :) I see you got the 'coffin' mirrors. ;)

Did you ream the holes in the handlebar ends to accept the D-Flex handguards?

I ran a 1/2" bit in to clean it out and size it which was not much material then I took the the rest of the material off of the swedge that slips into the bar until they fit without binding. Those swedges are so thick that I could have took much more off and they would have still been fine.

Tiger12XC 12-18-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danimal (Post 200896)
Dood. Where in the hell do you think I got the idea?

HAHAHA! I lay in bed at night thinking up $%it to do to my motorcycles it never ends, its a sickness I think.

Tiger12XC 12-18-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithmaine (Post 200895)
the farkles just keep adding up, don't they :)

They do they do. I ride for a day and work on it for 2 days to make it better. I find the tinkering as fun as riding, well maybe not quite as fun. Why pay someone to do something you can do yourself is my feelings about it.

keithmaine 12-18-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger12XC (Post 200903)
They do they do. I ride for a day and work on it for 2 days to make it better. I find the tinkering as fun as riding, well maybe not quite as fun. Why pay someone to do something you can do yourself is my feelings about it.

It is not sickness, but a blessing.
Keep it up Tiger