ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Zongshen RX3 vs Honda CB500X (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15646)

pete 12-17-2015 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 200679)
Egads! That man can ride. :tup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpCubYprqFQ

He has a few exstreme enduro titles to his name...
Romaniacs / Roof of Africa / Elzburg Rodeo... so on...
He runs a Enduro school over here when he's not riding..

SpudRider 12-17-2015 05:09 AM

You turned me on to the extreme enduros, Pete. Those races are crazy. ;) Johnny Walker won the 2015 Romaniacs. :tup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAmUT0nkTh8

SpudRider 12-17-2015 05:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aJXAkIOIDU

keithmaine 12-17-2015 06:35 AM

Romaniacs are awesome, I watch a lot these videos along with trials videos.

Tiger12XC 06-09-2016 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wife just took delivery of her new 2016 CB500X yesterday and she loves it. I took a spin on it once we got home and that thing is nice I must say. I need to add that it is not an off road bike, we have the RX3's for that, it maybe ok on light dirt road but would need upgrades in suspension and tires to do anything more at $2800.00 the Rally Raid stage three would do the trick but we are talking $10,000.00 all in not counting luggage and farkles. She did not buy it for off roading, she bought it to run with me on my long 1000+ mile weekends I do on the Triumph Tiger Explorer XC. I run 80-90+ MPH the freeway (still being passed by cars and trucks) and she does not want to be a passenger on those trips.

2LZ 06-09-2016 01:50 PM

Very nice bike. Congrats! I was looking at the NC700X a few years ago but it just wasn't the right time.
Mrs. 2LZ is doing the opposite of what your wife is doing. She has her Kingpin for the street and long hauls, but now she is seriously downsizing to the TT250 for local running and dirt roading. Compared to the Vic, she'll be able to flick around the TT.

dpl096 06-09-2016 08:54 PM

Good looking bike - Congratulations to the lady of the manor!

BlackBike 06-09-2016 09:59 PM

That's a beautiful ride.

detours 06-09-2016 11:14 PM

Congrats on the new ride! It's a great bike stock and the rally raid upgrades are really something!

Motocrazy 06-13-2016 09:45 PM

I have both

Bounty Buddy,

I have both bikes. I bought the RX3 first for a commuter bike and light offroad. Not that it can't do much more. But after just a few weeks I needed more power for freeway use. After seeing some videos of the CB500X with the Rally Raid Stage 3 kit. I fell in love. Don't let anyone tell you the CB500X won't go off road. Stock it has seriously crappy suspension but I threw some good knobbies on the front and back and I've ripped down some trails I didn't think I should have gone. But even stock the CB500X took it all in stride. I've purchased the Rally Raid stage 2 kit already and I'm just waiting on it's arrival. I picked up my 2013 CB500X with 3,400 miles on it for $3700.00. I had to drive 8 hours both ways to get it but the bike is becoming one of my all time favorite bikes. And at 52 yrs old I've had alot :yay: I still ride my RX3 at least 3 time a week to work but I know in the long run the Honda will outlast the Zong. My Goldwing currently has 157,000 miles on it and I don't see it croaking anytime soon. Anyway I thought I'd throw my .02 cents worth in the ring. :D Enjoy doesn't mater what bike you have it's always better than not having one at all.

BlackBike 06-14-2016 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motocrazy (Post 220971)
Bounty Buddy,

I have both bikes. I bought the RX3 first for a commuter bike and light offroad. Not that it can't do much more. But after just a few weeks I needed more power for freeway use. After seeing some videos of the CB500X with the Rally Raid Stage 3 kit. I fell in love. Don't let anyone tell you the CB500X won't go off road. Stock it has seriously crappy suspension but I threw some good knobbies on the front and back and I've ripped down some trails I didn't think I should have gone. But even stock the CB500X took it all in stride. I've purchased the Rally Raid stage 2 kit already and I'm just waiting on it's arrival. I picked up my 2013 CB500X with 3,400 miles on it for $3700.00. I had to drive 8 hours both ways to get it but the bike is becoming one of my all time favorite bikes. And at 52 yrs old I've had alot :yay: I still ride my RX3 at least 3 time a week to work but I know in the long run the Honda will outlast the Zong. My Goldwing currently has 157,000 miles on it and I don't see it croaking anytime soon. Anyway I thought I'd throw my .02 cents worth in the ring. :D Enjoy doesn't mater what bike you have it's always better than not having one at all.

Care to let us see?...sounds awesome.

Motocrazy 06-14-2016 12:51 AM

You bet..

Blackbike,

I'll be happy to show it off. Currently it's on the lift getting wired with some driving lights and other farkles. Currently Rally raid is running 6+ weeks for delivery. The wheels seem to be the things on back order. Still tossing around which soft luggage I want to tour with, there are so many choices. Anyway I'll be happy to post pictures as soon as it's done. Probably be late summer but I will make sure to post progress pictures.

Wolftrax 06-14-2016 08:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The CB 500X Rally Raid is perhaps the perfect 50/50 all road bike. It moves effortlessly from dirt to pavement . Off road its the real deal and goes anywhere you point it. The Tractive suspension is the key to its off road prowess. On the highway it's biggest problem is keeping it under 70 mph to achieve 60 mpg. It's a mile muncher on road and off.

Tiger12XC 06-14-2016 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motocrazy (Post 220990)
Blackbike,

I'll be happy to show it off. Currently it's on the lift getting wired with some driving lights and other farkles. Currently Rally raid is running 6+ weeks for delivery. The wheels seem to be the things on back order. Still tossing around which soft luggage I want to tour with, there are so many choices. Anyway I'll be happy to post pictures as soon as it's done. Probably be late summer but I will make sure to post progress pictures.

The Wolfman Blackhawk tank bag from the RX3 fits the CB500X tank nicely also ordering the Wolfman Enduro Dry Saddle Bags great size for cloths and light camping gear. I have the 45L Holand Nomada Pro II panniers on my bike to haul the majority of gear we have so the so Mrs. Tiger can stay light on long trips.

BlackBike 06-17-2016 04:42 PM

Wolf, thanks for posting that excellent pic of the cb500x rr. That does look like perfect balance power agility weight etc. I think this is what zong is shooting for with their rx4.

Will soak it in some more, ahhh