ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Ready for my North GA trip next month! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19773)

Sport Rider 08-27-2017 09:22 PM

Ready for my North GA trip next month!

2 Attachment(s)
just a few little things to wrap up before my trip to North GA next month. plans are coming together!

BlackBike 08-28-2017 04:53 AM

Now this is truely dual sport

hertz9753 08-28-2017 09:55 PM

What kind of tires you have on the Hawk?

timcosby 08-28-2017 11:08 PM

should be ok but i would want my tie downs higher up on the bike. rear grab bars and handle bars.

Sport Rider 08-29-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hertz9753 (Post 264354)
What kind of tires you have on the Hawk?

off the top of my head I don't recall. I think either Kenda or Shinko. they are 50/50 tread though. they were light years ahead on the street and still pretty good for dirt.

Sport Rider 08-29-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timcosby (Post 264357)
should be ok but i would want my tie downs higher up on the bike. rear grab bars and handle bars.

I don't like compressing the suspension with straps higher up, so try to go off the axle on this one. it's locked into the trailer pretty well as I have it now. it works fine for all the other bikes I've trailered. the rear isn't that important anyway. the only goal there is to keep it from moving side to side.

Sport Rider 09-06-2017 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well....change of plans. My girlfriend decided that she's going to make the trip to GA and will bring Madelyn along, so no tent camping. I have to make the switch to taking the toy hauler so they have some comfort for sleeping. Fortunately, the sidecar juuuuust squeezed in. :clap:

Sport Rider 09-11-2017 03:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Weather was great in N GA last weekend. nothing but sun, lows in the 50s for sleeping and highs only in the 70s for riding. We ended up having 3 Concours sidecar setups at the Concours Owners Group rally. we also had an unexpected sidecar visit from Dave Despain (yes, THAT Dave Despain). He was actually our keynote speaker at our 2016 national rally which was held in Helen last year.

I had to chuckle at breakfast Sunday morning. the poor guy was standing in line to get breakfast and was doing something on his phone. everyone was walking up and talking to him like he was their friend. he was very polite in acknowledging everyone who spoke to him. I think he has the patience of Job! I did talk to him for a bit about my LL setup on the C10. we were discussing what options he might have for his KLR setup.

anyway....here's the pics!

Sport Rider 09-11-2017 03:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
....and Madelyn's first ever sidecar ride. (around the campground)

Can't wait for her to get big enough for a helmet!