ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Storms (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18100)

AdventureDad 01-22-2017 04:30 PM

Storms

I know some of y'all live in Georgia and Alabama. I know we got hit here in Hattiesburg Mississippi, and its bad here. I hope you guys are all ok.

timcosby 01-22-2017 05:03 PM

robertsdale al

just had a little hail south of us

rtking 01-22-2017 05:22 PM

Hope all is OK for you folks!

As I'm sure you saw on Joe's blog, we had a brief break in the storms, but Mother Nature is giving us a pounding again today and tomorrow. It's been so long since I've ridden my RX3, I'm finding myself in the garage making motorcycle noises!

Keep dry and safe everyone!

BlackBike 01-22-2017 06:12 PM

Advdad.. will watch the report to nite. Noticed earlier that Ms getting rocked.

This is something I don't miss from being a Mississippi resident anymore. When the lightning flickers like a strobe light and the rain seemingly slows it's usually the sign of a twister overhead (speaking from a scary childhood nights experience)

ben2go 01-22-2017 06:35 PM

Were getting pissed on in upstate SC. The weather man said we could get hail, strong winds, and possible tornados. Flooding will happen around here. I just hope it isn't bad enough to hit peoples homes.

AdventureDad 01-22-2017 07:03 PM

Im from southern California. .San Fernando Valley, and I wish you all the best there!

Yeah..this is the second time in 2 years ive watched it pass my house. It was indeed steobe lighting, red sky at 0345 hrs, then it got really really still. It was then time to get our butts inside. It hit the boys and girls dorms at a local university as well as some neighborhoods. Totally devestated them. Ill be out helping tomorrow. I figure as an acute care RN, I can do something to help. Even pick remnants of houses up. Its what makes us a society.

2LZ 01-23-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdventureDad (Post 241269)
Im from southern California. .San Fernando Valley, and I wish you all the best there!

Yeah..this is the second time in 2 years ive watched it pass my house. It was indeed steobe lighting, red sky at 0345 hrs, then it got really really still. It was then time to get our butts inside. It hit the boys and girls dorms at a local university as well as some neighborhoods. Totally devestated them. Ill be out helping tomorrow. I figure as an acute care RN, I can do something to help. Even pick remnants of houses up. Its what makes us a society.

Been getting hammered north of you, AD. Constant rain, sleet for days and this morning, snow down to about 1200 feet, according to the road I take every day. Made for an awesome super-commute. We don't see this too often at 3000'.

madsocial 01-24-2017 11:39 AM

I'm in upstate Ny...it's still snowing out as I type. Expecting 3-6 inches? We'll see. Supposed to change to freezing rain. :ohno: