ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Ride Reports (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Memphis Kings " Dead Elvis NEIN" Rally!! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16449)

Louis Angel 04-24-2016 07:58 PM

Memphis Kings " Dead Elvis NEIN" Rally!!

5 Attachment(s)
Wow!!! What a FANTASTIC last 2 days!!!!
Thursday: Haul 29' TT down to lake campground & set up.
Friday evening: Start of the rally @ 6PM. Take a beautiful ride
down long curvy scenic backroads to Pirates Cove bar & grill for the
absolute best deep fried pond raised catfish I have ever tasted!!! And
mind you, I live near Paris TN, , , " Home of the worlds biggest fish fry!!!"
We around here are to catfish what those Coonasses are to crawfish! :lmao:
Saturday morning was supposed to be nice and sunny. INSTEAD, , , it was very, very foggy and COOOOOLD!!!!! We went a total of 132 miles on the Saturday morning run. Took the Trace Highway from Dover up to Grand Rivers KY and ate at a nice throwback to the 1800's restaurant called Patties.
Saturday night they headed down to a awful place called "The Breakers".
LOOKS fun, but after waiting for an HOUR AND A HALF to get your food that was ordered, , , , , , ummmmmmm, , , , , , NO. I went back to the Inn and ate there. LOL
LATE Saturday night was the closing ceremony and raffle giveaways. :-D
I did not win much of anything to write home about, but had a B L A S T !!!!
And this, my dear friends, is just the beginning of something my wife and
I have found out we are both passionate about. The scooter folks are without a doubt some of the most laid back easy going free spirited we have ever met. EVERYONE was happy!! NO ONE bad mouthed anyone and there was never a dull moment when not riding. HECK, in truth, the best part, , was not the riding at all ( even though that was fun! ), , , the BEST part, , was sitting around talking to folks for hours on end about anything from toothpicks to '68 Vespa's to what the next Burgman will be like.

Louis Angel 04-24-2016 08:09 PM

OH !!! And might I add, , , I have already paid for my reservation for the 2016 Amerivespa rally in Memphis TN. And will be attending the Blue vs. Gray scooter rally in Nashville TN in July. And searching for an August & September event. hahahaha!

Adjuster 04-24-2016 08:28 PM

Sounds like you had a great time. What was your wife riding?

/

BlackBike 04-25-2016 12:06 AM

Louis...there's is bigger than yours, I think you have Vespa envy. :hehe:

Thanks for sharing weekend.

SpudRider 04-25-2016 02:22 PM

Thanks for sharing the nice photos. That sounds like a fun event. :)

2LZ 04-25-2016 03:14 PM

Looked like an awesome time! Instead of a "pack", would a bunch of scooters be a "swarm"?

Sport Rider 04-25-2016 04:43 PM

glad you had fun. much like my concours owners group. great to get to ride with other similar bikes, but even more fun eating, talking, and drinking around a big campfire with them. Lots of them tend to camp, roughing it. that's why I have my toy hauler. I like a solid roof over me when it rains! :)

Louis Angel 04-25-2016 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 213514)
Louis...there's is bigger than yours, I think you have Vespa envy. :hehe:

Thanks for sharing weekend.

More like Helix envy. Those things ride soooooooooooooo smooth!!!!!
" 70 MPH Couch " is a common statement about the Helix.
After riding one for a short bit, I would have to agree. :)

Louis Angel 04-25-2016 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 213478)
Sounds like you had a great time. What was your wife riding?
/

.&
Nothing. I left her at the campground.
When we first got there she was all like " I don't care about that stuff. I just want to camp! " . . . . . . . . . then she got to spending time with the 50 year old & up ladies there and it then became " I wish my Zodiac was here dangit!!! I want to go!!!! "
:lmao:
Ah well, she will be ready for Amerivespa in June. I hope. :-D

BlackBike 04-26-2016 12:52 AM

Louis, sorry to ask again if already answered, what about the front grommets fender? (I typed grom but my tablet assumed the word grommet. I kind of like it haha.)

Louis Angel 04-26-2016 01:30 AM

I have a brand new one still wrapped in paper & plastic sitting on the shelf in the garage. I kinda dig it without the fender. and when I go to sell it, I will have a brand new front fender on it. :-D

Louis Angel 04-26-2016 01:34 AM

Maybe this video feed will work.
I was the ONLY Grom there. You can see my ugly mug at 39 seconds into the vid. hahahaha!
https://www.facebook.com/jay.blundon.../850054387370/