ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Registration Issues (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Lost Title Workaround (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=11743)

katoranger 04-19-2013 10:35 PM

Congrats. A confirmation that this works. You have just made the task of registering a china bike that much easier.

This may need a sticky.

SpudRider 04-20-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger
Congrats. A confirmation that this works. You have just made the task of registering a china bike that much easier.

This may need a sticky.

I agree. ;) I just created a "sticky" link to this thread at the top of this forum. :) Good work, gentlemen!

Spud :D

Weldangrind 04-20-2013 12:49 PM

Thanks for making it a sticky, Spud. I hope this tip helps many China Riders.

rickieh 04-20-2013 02:27 PM

if anyone has questions about what i did send them to me

katoranger 04-20-2013 09:47 PM

Would you make a post to the sticky with exactly what you sent in? Whatever you sent worked the first time. Many a chinarider has been shot down at the DMV and bonded titles cost more than the Vermont route.

SpudRider 04-20-2013 11:10 PM

The sticky is a link which points directly to this thread, Allen. Therefore, it would be great if Rickieh would post the information right here. :D

Spud :)

katoranger 04-21-2013 08:18 AM

That works too.

moto120 01-08-2014 02:18 PM

Vermont Registration

I have a question for rickieh or anyone who has any experience registering a china bike in Vermont.
I registered my Suzuki dirt bike there a few years back and the process was great.
I am familiar with the paperwork, etc.
My question is what year and model china bike did you register there.
Any issues?
I am looking to register my SSR250
Your input would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks, Ed B

katoranger 01-08-2014 03:51 PM

I think it was a pretty much new bike.

Weldangrind 01-09-2014 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moto120 (Post 162237)
I have a question for rickieh or anyone who has any experience registering a china bike in Vermont.
I registered my Suzuki dirt bike there a few years back and the process was great.
I am familiar with the paperwork, etc.
My question is what year and model china bike did you register there.
Any issues?
I am looking to register my SSR250
Your input would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks, Ed B

Can you tell us anything else about your China bike? Please show us a pic.

moto120 01-09-2014 02:38 AM

China bike VT registration

The bike is a 2013 SSR250R a chinese clone of the Honda CRF250X enduro.
The certificate of origin for a vehicle lists the manufacturer as Shandong Asiawing Motors Co, Ltd.
The bike is sold by SSR motorsports. They also sell a 200 and a 250 dualsport
bike.
The manufacturer is not on New Jerseys approved list, that is why I am looking
into doing the Vermont registration if possible.
When I send in the paperwork, should I include the MSO I have for the bike?
Thanks,
Ed B

Weldangrind 01-09-2014 10:22 AM

I wouldn't send the MSO. I would only send a bill of sale, completed application form and a cheque for the fees.

The real benefit here is that Vermont doesn't title bikes under 300cc, so you'll receive registration paperwork in your name, which New Jersey should honour. New Jersey should then issue a title to you.

katoranger 01-09-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger (Post 148875)
From what I see your bike will need the following.

1. Bill of Sale.
2. Title Application for Vermont.
3. Check for correct fees. Title fee and sales tax. (suggested you call and ask for valuation for tax amount)

Send above and wait for your Vermont plate and registration to come in mail.

Then after you get that you should be able to take the Vermont registration that would now be in your name and go your state tag office and get a title in your state. Or you can just continue to ride with a vermont tag.

I based my answer on category one.

1) bike under 300cc: not titled in VT, regardless of age. No VIN verification required, no title required. Send bill of sale, complete application and fees, get registration and license plate. An EX250 fits into this category regardless of age. You are reading this correctly: even a brand new EX250/CRF250L/etc. in Vermont is not titled.

Just bringing this to the current page. This should be the same for your bike too.

pchitti 04-01-2014 11:13 PM

Damn i wish i had known this 2 weeks ago. I would have been able to title my 76 cb750/ 81 gs550 custom hardtail. Could have bought a bike in better shape. Live, learn, register in Vermont.

Weldangrind 04-02-2014 12:35 AM

We're tryin' to spread the word.