ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   New JL250P from Tejas! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14486)

BigBad250 03-09-2015 08:12 PM

New JL250P from Tejas!

Purchased a Jl250P/Roketa MC-113 about 2 weeks ago, and riding has brought about a TON of questions!! But glad to have found a forum with Chinese Motorbike riders like myself!! :hi:

culcune 03-09-2015 10:02 PM

Welcome to here! NSTMIKE just joined us recently, from Houston, Texas, with the same bike. I know Austin is not too far from Houston--you guys should try to get together and compare 'notes.' I think you two are the very few who have joined us with that same bike in the past few years!

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14459

NSTMIKE 03-09-2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 181373)
Welcome to here! NSTMIKE just joined us recently, from Houston, Texas, with the same bike. I know Austin is not too far from Houston--you guys should try to get together and compare 'notes.' I think you two are the very few who have joined us with that same bike in the past few years!

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14459

Yes sir!

:thanks:

NSTMIKE 03-09-2015 10:43 PM

Hey BB250! I just bought my JL a few weeks ago, in Houston. Did you buy yours brand new or used? I'm assuming since you said 113 that you have the twin cylinder dual exhaust model? Mine is the second version, the single cylinder single exhaust version.

Welcome to the forums. I'm pretty sure we are the only recent JL owners here, the older ones do not seem to have stuck around very long.

POST SOME PICS and stay active!

:D

BigBad250 03-10-2015 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSTMIKE (Post 181377)
Hey BB250! I just bought my JL a few weeks ago, in Houston. Did you buy yours brand new or used? I'm assuming since you said 113 that you have the twin cylinder dual exhaust model? Mine is the second version, the single cylinder single exhaust version.

Welcome to the forums. I'm pretty sure we are the only recent JL owners here, the older ones do not seem to have stuck around very long.

POST SOME PICS and stay active!

:D

I bought it brand new! Its a 2011 but it had 0 miles on the clock so i consider it brand new! And yes indeed it is the dual cylinder, dual exhaust model! Quick question, does your speedometer seem to be off? Around highway speeds (60 ish) mine is wrong by 10+ mph.. It was actually your posts that made me decide to join! That and you have one helluva Spyder (spelling?)!! :)

BigBad250 03-10-2015 12:10 AM

Also thanks for the welcomes guys! Much appreciated!

Weldangrind 03-10-2015 12:40 AM

I'll add another welcome! Thanks for joining us.

SpudRider 03-10-2015 04:48 AM

Welcome; we are glad you joined us. :hi:

NSTMIKE 03-10-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBad250 (Post 181379)
I bought it brand new! Its a 2011 but it had 0 miles on the clock so i consider it brand new! And yes indeed it is the dual cylinder, dual exhaust model! Quick question, does your speedometer seem to be off? Around highway speeds (60 ish) mine is wrong by 10+ mph.. It was actually your posts that made me decide to join! That and you have one helluva Spyder (spelling?)!! :)

https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...17&oe=5573FF9E

That's awesome, and yes it is spelled Spyder :tup:

I'm not exactly sure on the speedo, but you may be right... I let a friend take mine for a ride and he mentioned he thought it may be off a bit.

How are you liking yours so far? Any issues? Have you owned other bikes? Mine seems to be working well and I'm enjoying it... first bike I've ever owned.

Stick around and post some pics!

BigBad250 03-11-2015 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSTMIKE (Post 181418)
https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...17&oe=5573FF9E

That's awesome, and yes it is spelled Spyder :tup:

I'm not exactly sure on the speedo, but you may be right... I let a friend take mine for a ride and he mentioned he thought it may be off a bit.

How are you liking yours so far? Any issues? Have you owned other bikes? Mine seems to be working well and I'm enjoying it... first bike I've ever owned.

Stick around and post some pics!

I've been dealing some kinks here and there, but nothing too major. Other than the fact that it leaks gas but only when I fill up. But it's probably because I comoletely top it off. One thing that really rustles my jimmies, is my gas tank rattles!!! But only loud enough for me to hear it! But overall, I really enjoy it! As far as previously owned bikes goes, I've mostly owned dirtbikes and a few mini crotch rockets! One thing I'm really considering is trying to swap a Cmx450 engine into this tiny thing! More power, but not an unbearable amount! Any other suggestions that could boost performance are greatly appreciated!! :tup:

Adjuster 03-11-2015 11:37 PM

Remove your tank and install some rubber washers at the fittings. Rattles and vibrations drive me crazy.

/

BigBad250 03-12-2015 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 181460)
Remove your tank and install some rubber washers at the fittings. Rattles and vibrations drive me crazy.

/

That's what i was planning on doing, but I want to wait until I can dedicate a full day/weekend to removing all the bolts and applying locktight and rubber washers where needed. I also saw someone that had strips off rubber running down the bottom of the tank near the frame, I guess that'd work if it was thick enough! But thank you for your suggestion! Is it normal for some of these bolts to be finger tight? One of the bolts that holds the tank down, under the seat, was EXTREMELY loose and the other one was about finger tight. Same with the bolts on my battery terminals!

Adjuster 03-12-2015 09:53 AM

Yes loose bolts are very common on all China bikes. Like you said above take a day to remove, apply Loctite and tighten every bolt you can see. At the same time you should go over all your electrical connections as well to make sure they are tight.

/

NSTMIKE 03-12-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBad250 (Post 181462)
That's what i was planning on doing, but I want to wait until I can dedicate a full day/weekend to removing all the bolts and applying locktight and rubber washers where needed. I also saw someone that had strips off rubber running down the bottom of the tank near the frame, I guess that'd work if it was thick enough! But thank you for your suggestion! Is it normal for some of these bolts to be finger tight? One of the bolts that holds the tank down, under the seat, was EXTREMELY loose and the other one was about finger tight. Same with the bolts on my battery terminals!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 181473)
Yes loose bolts are very common on all China bikes. Like you said above take a day to remove, apply Loctite and tighten every bolt you can see. At the same time you should go over all your electrical connections as well to make sure they are tight.

/

All really good suggestions. I've been meaning to do the same to mine. In fact, BB, my gas tank was missing a bolt entirely!

Best of luck with yours, and please keep posting as you make upgrades.

BigBad250 03-13-2015 09:58 PM

Well... Devoting a weekend to working on the bike almost went down the drain... The chain popped off while I was on the highway! Scary stuff!! But I at first thought the transmission was shredded, none of the gears worked and all I heard was metal on metal grinding, but it was a slight relief to find out that it was only the chain! I have from now until midday Sunday to take the bike apart and fix everything that I find wrong with it! I'm not sure if I should post pictures here or in a new thread? What do yall think?

LET THE COUNT DOWN BEGIN!!