ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Holiday! :D (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=12903)

MICRider 08-21-2013 06:50 PM

Holiday! :D

Not motorcycle related, but my son and I finally got to get out of Dodge for a real holiday :).
Lot's of firsts for us as well, first time on a plane for both of us (though we had ridden on a small chopper in Drumheller for canyon tours), and first time out of the country as well. We spent 4 days at Disneyland and 1 day at Universal Studios in Hollywood and 1 day at Sea World in San Diego. Had an absolute blast with beautiful weather all the way through! Love the trees and plant's in California, first time we've ever seen a palm tree! Lol!

Didn't care much for the huge crowds but it was still a lot of fun. Lol, seems cold here now although we are at 20 degrees Celsius! I've gotten over my fear of flying, so hopefully we get to do more trips in the future, my son just loved it! :D

katoranger 08-21-2013 09:01 PM

I haven't been to California in many years. My Aunt lives in Ventura and we visited her in 1996. (In rented Chevy Corsicas):tdown: Drove along the coast from San Francisco to LA and went to the crowds at Disneyland.

cheesy 08-22-2013 12:37 AM

Heck, I'm in the Bay area right now, working across from the Tesla plant with safety nazis.:tdown:

Good on ya that you got to go to Disneyland. Never been and probably never will as I have a deep hatred of crowds.

I actually prefer the Sierras to the coast.:)

SpudRider 08-22-2013 12:39 AM

I'm glad you and your son had a good time in California, Stew. :tup:

Weldangrind 08-22-2013 12:57 AM

That's terrific, Stew! We took our kids a few years ago, and they'll never forget it. Did you get to California Adventure as well?

MICRider 08-22-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 157013)
That's terrific, Stew! We took our kids a few years ago, and they'll never forget it. Did you get to California Adventure as well?

Yup! We bought park hopper tickets so we could wander between parks :). We even got to sit on the Indiana Jones ride for 20 minutes when it broke down until some workers came and rescued us and walked us out, lol! :)

I'm like Cheesy, not big on crowds at all... I expected it to be busy as it's still summer holidays but I was shocked at how busy all the parks were! Hard to walk at peak times with so many people around! Still, an awesome experience for us :yay:

Edit: I also never realized that jets cruised at 800 kmh! Wow!

MICRider 08-22-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 157004)
Heck, I'm in the Bay area right now, working across from the Tesla plant with safety nazis.:tdown:

Good on ya that you got to go to Disneyland. Never been and probably never will as I have a deep hatred of crowds.

I actually prefer the Sierras to the coast.:)

I recall us passing the Tesla plant on our way to San Diego, at least I think it was the Tesla plant as that was written on one of the buildings as we passed :)

Weldangrind 08-22-2013 12:35 PM

Did you go to the Cars attraction? How did your son like it? Cars didn't yet exist when we were there. Is there still a Muppets theatre?

Did you check out the Transformers ride?

cheesy 08-22-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MICRider (Post 157027)
I recall us passing the Tesla plant on our way to San Diego, at least I think it was the Tesla plant as that was written on one of the buildings as we passed :)

That's it. You must have been heading south on I-880.

MICRider 08-22-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 157028)
Did you go to the Cars attraction? How did your son like it? Cars didn't yet exist when we were there. Is there still a Muppets theatre?

Did you check out the Transformers ride?

We did go and check out the Cars part of the park, it was very popular! :)
They had a really good rendition of Radiator Springs there with Flo's diner and the whole nine yards. The Radiator Springs Racers ride was very very busy! We stood in line for nearly two hours (lol, getting heat stroke!) when the ride broke down! :tdown: They figured it would be up and running in 20 to 30 minutes but we were thirsty and starving so we bailed :).

I think they still have the Muppet Theatre, but we didn't hang around for the show. That was on the first day we were there and it was just over 30 Celsius, felt really hot to us since we've had such a cool summer.

We didn't get to go on the Transformers ride at Universal, it was mega busy and my son was worried that it might be a little to fast for him. I think it was just a simulator ride as well, but the warning sign scared him off of it... Too bad to, it looks awesome! :D Universal studios was fantastic! I just wish we could have got there earlier in the day before it got super busy. One of my fave rides of the whole trip was the Tram tour, not a thrill ride but you get to see so many cool things! (And your not walking on the hot pavement, lol!)

Weldangrind 08-22-2013 03:56 PM

What did you do in San Diego? Sea World? The Zoo? Old Town?

MICRider 08-22-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 157037)
What did you do in San Diego? Sea World? The Zoo? Old Town?

We went to Sea World, loved it! Spent the whole day soaked :D

Oops! Missed your question on how my son liked the Car's part of the park! I think I liked it more than he did, he's not a huge Car's fan and is at that age where he's more into the older kid stuff. It was very well done though and the kids and parents were having a blast :)