ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Registration Issues (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Rps hawk 250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15495)

hnu13 11-12-2015 03:15 PM

Rps hawk 250

Anyone register one of the hawk 250cc bike in Florida????

Adjuster 11-12-2015 03:18 PM

hnu13 not the Hawk but a Bashan and I had absolutely zero issue other than waiting in line and handing over all that money. They didn't check or verify anything. Simply took the information off my bill of sale and MCO and I received title, registration and tag. It was alarmingly too simple

/

hnu13 11-12-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 197529)
hnu13 not the Hawk but a Bashan and I had absolutely zero issue other than waiting in line and handing over all that money. They didn't check or verify anything. Simply took the information off my bill of sale and MCO and I received title, registration and tag. It was alarmingly too simple

/

I read your post about that, but it's not exactly a hawk.. I've seen a few places online advertising them as "street legal", but the guy I talked to at killermotorsports said they're not..... So I'm trying to figure it out before my buddy and I attempt it.
Anyway you know of to find this out???

Adjuster 11-12-2015 03:50 PM

Personally I wouldn't even bring it up or mention anything or even act weird about it. Just go in and hand them your paperwork. Again they didn't look anything up on the computer, they didn't inspect the bike, absolutely nothing. They just took the information they needed off my provided paperwork and that was it. Check your paperwork and see if it makes any statement about being or not being street legal. We are very fortunate here in Florida they are very lenient with this type of thing.

/

SpudRider 11-12-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hnu13 (Post 197528)
Anyone register one of the hawk 250cc bike in Florida????

I suggest you contact the local DMV, and ask them if you will have any problems licensing the bike before you purchase it. If they have any problems, they will tell you. Since they will make the decision, the local DMV has the definitive answer; I would ask them. ;)

faulknja 11-19-2015 03:03 PM

I registered mine in Ocala this morning - no problem whatsoever! They hit me for a whopping $208.20 for title, new tag and registration up until February, 2017---

SpudRider 11-19-2015 05:28 PM

:tup:

culcune 11-19-2015 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 197529)

/

The Bashans are listed on the EPA/DOT list as being highway legal for 49 states (Californians need not apply) for the past several years. The Hawk is off-road certified but is not on the 'list' which means that it is technically not street legal. However, many states(like Arizona) street register anything with a minimum of street equipment such as quads, converted dirt bikes, UTV's, etc. so I am guessing that Florida is similar in lax rules. However, a few states have been turning a few members away lately, namely Pennsylvania and New York, and I am guessing more will follow. Those states will check and only register vehicles from the US DOT/EPA certification list for on-highway vehicles, although a few have slipped through in New York and others.

SpudRider 11-19-2015 11:34 PM

The CSC TT Special will be certified by the EPA and CARB for 50 states. ;)

hnu13 11-22-2015 06:08 PM

got mine all registered here in Pensacola, $218 bucks.....

SpudRider 11-22-2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hnu13 (Post 198649)
got mine all registered here in Pensacola, $218 bucks.....

Good for you. :tup:

Weldangrind 11-23-2015 11:23 AM

Excellent! Enjoy it!

:D