ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   New from Sin City. (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18674)

Irishjew 04-03-2017 07:08 PM

New from Sin City.

Hey guys and gals. I am new to the forum and a southern Nevada resident. Been lurking around trying to figure out which dual sport bike to get. I am pretty sure that I have to find one that has all of the necessary DOT, EPA, and FMSSV plates on the frame.

culcune 04-03-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishjew (Post 250168)
Hey guys and gals. I am new to the forum and a southern Nevada resident. Been lurking around trying to figure out which dual sport bike to get. I am pretty sure that I have to find one that has all of the necessary DOT, EPA, and FMSSV plates on the frame.

Welcome! Actually, you do not need all of the above; someone had recently posted asking if the Hawk is legal in Nevada, and I was able to find a form that you residents can fill out to convert off-road bikes to street legal. The form was careful to make sure that one knows they can only convert a 2-wheeler.

However, since the Hawk comes with all lighting, and the MCO states 'Motorcycle' not 'Off-road bike' (or make sure it does from whoever you buy it from) you might not need to go through the steps to convert a bike to street legal (and the Hawk is already converted for you). Look a few members down. Otherwise, you are looking to buy a SSR XF250 (member dh has one and lives in Vegas), any of the Bashan Enduros (Storm, Brozz [sold out], Shark, or Enforcer), or more rare--a Dong Fang, or the CSC TT250.

Irishjew 04-03-2017 10:58 PM

Thank you! I guess I will try the Hawk. OHV registration would be a worst case scenario.

culcune 04-03-2017 11:48 PM

I think, if worse comes to worse, you will have to fill out a form and an authorized dealer has to check that everything works on the bike (which it should), and then you can register it. You might be the first person with a Hawk in Nevada? At least here on Chinariders! :tup:

Irishjew 04-30-2017 05:36 PM

Well we will how it all goes in about a month or so. I had to pre-order the hawk because I waited too long. Nevada will register a dirtbike for street use if it has the necessary lights, reflectors, etc,. I already have the Mikuni, jets, sprokets, and exhaust ready to be installed after break-in.

dpl096 04-30-2017 08:31 PM

Welcome aboard !

Hysteria 05-03-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 250217)
I think, if worse comes to worse, you will have to fill out a form and an authorized dealer has to check that everything works on the bike (which it should), and then you can register it. You might be the first person with a Hawk in Nevada? At least here on Chinariders! :tup:

I'm having it pre-ordered as well and live in Nevada. We will see who rides first! :D:D:D