ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   TT250 What's everyone using the accessory plugs for? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21778)

M42duster 07-18-2018 09:04 PM

TT250 What's everyone using the accessory plugs for?

Just curious what you have hooked up and running off of the two plugs

Appel_1978 07-19-2018 09:36 AM

I havent done it yet but im thinking of using

one for a water proof usb charger attached up front by gauges for charging phone last thing you want is for your phone to die out in middle of no where when your have mechanical problems with bike or on long trips and using gps on it.
second i think im gonna use it to power an air compressor under my seat so i can easily and quickly lower and raise my tire pressure at will for off road and highway driving

Appel_1978 07-19-2018 09:47 AM

The plug is arriving tomorrow

BitcoinDood 07-19-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel_1978 (Post 286416)
I havent done it yet but im thinking of using

one for a water proof usb charger attached up front by gauges for charging phone last thing you want is for your phone to die out in middle of no where when your have mechanical problems with bike or on long trips and using gps on it.
second i think im gonna use it to power an air compressor under my seat so i can easily and quickly lower and raise my tire pressure at will for off road and highway driving

I've been wanting to add a USB charger too. Anyone have any suggestions. I'd love something that I can just plug right in without any modifications. I just found the plugs under the seat the other day. Any suggestions?

Appel_1978 07-19-2018 01:55 PM

This is the one i purchased. It has great reviews but unfortunately i cant give my personal opinion yet on it as it will be arriving in the mail tomorrow.

https://www.amazon.com/MOTOPOWER-MP0...cycle+Dual+USB

rojo_grande 07-19-2018 09:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
led auxiliary lights.

I have a 12V/usb outlet that is already switched so I ran it directly to the battery.

Appel_1978 08-09-2018 08:11 AM

Air compressor mod for aux switch

5 Attachment(s)
Here is detailed pics of aux switch #2 hooked up to a semi permanent air compressor. so now no matter where i am i can deflate, inflate, fix a flat and even help other riders if they need a compressor. and best thing is i dont have to get it out and hook it up its ready to go with a flip of a switch. first thing i did even before the compressor mod was to upgrade to a pod filter and that freed up my airbox to be used as something else. I epoxied a cap to the hole from where the intake pipe was attached. Then removed filter after that i added a slime 40001 motorcycle tire inflator which just happens to fit right in place of filter. Then screw top back on after fishing the inflator hose and power cord threw top opening. clipped the long power wire and attached better waterproof connectors to aux wire. The hose itself wasnt long enough to reach the wheels so i added a hose extender. to make it even easier i added a quick attach tip and added an adapter to fit the hose to the connector. (i also ordered a inline pressure gauge from china but hasnt arrived yet. below are pics and links to where i got them. Oh ya and my daughter Piper makes an appearance in a pic always trying to help daddy out

Appel_1978 08-09-2018 08:21 AM

here is video of set up

https://youtu.be/Q-YixW2zjY4

JerryHawk250 08-09-2018 08:33 AM

Excellent idea! :tup:
I carry a bicycle hand pump in my burrito tube. I'm not sure weather to convert my air box into storage or pipe my pod filter and relocate it in the air box. I'm leaning towards storage space. My burrito tube is full and need more storage space. The last time I went to the spillway, even with all the mud and rain the filter stayed clean and dry.

ChrisWNY 08-09-2018 10:40 AM

I went with this waterproof dual USB charger/voltmeter from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wired directly to the battery (the charger has its own on/off switch). Works great and it's nice to see the output voltage from the battery.

Appel_1978 08-14-2018 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My inline digital pressure gauge arrived and instead of adding it to the end of the line where it attaches to tire valve. I installed it directly after the compressor hose end so it sits stationary under the seat so i can stand and look at pressure and easily kill the switch instead of being down on the ground reading pressure and having to jump up and hit switch when desired pressure is reached i think this is gonna work great. I dont screw down my seat either by the way usually and if i do its only one side and i have a butterfly screw that i use so its quick easy access to under my seat. I did end up using aux switch #1 for usb charging. i originally had it as a constant charge so if i need to i can have my phone charging while im not around my bike. but i have noticed it does have a slight drain and if i dont ride for a few days i might have to kick start it because battery is too low. Now i dont have the correct size battery its slightly smaller but i never had an issue with battery draining before i added the usb ports. so to make sure its not draining while sitting i just plugged it into aux #1

Appel_1978 05-10-2019 12:01 PM

BUMP
just wanted to revive this thread to see what people have been doing

NzBrakelathes 05-10-2019 01:18 PM

The plugs are from what would have been park light n main light but due to USA regulations they moded them for outputs rather then turning lights on
I strongly suggest only light power draw/amps so the single power wire doesn’t melt.
They can also be used to trigger a relay for larger things etc like bigger lights etc

upgasgas1224 05-10-2019 05:55 PM

I run a stereo system 100watt pyle from walmart

upgasgas1224 12-10-2020 01:58 PM

Wow its been a minute guys got my tt250 still but broke my hip this summer. Glad to see all these cool ideas. I might steal that compressor idea as a project over the winter.