ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   CSC Black Friday Sale (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15552)

ElkSlayer 11-20-2015 09:28 PM

CSC Black Friday Sale

The sale is now on their website... Says to use coupon code "113015" at checkout to get 20% off. Been playing around and it looks like you get 20% off each individual thing. As for packages, the shopping cart says "10 percent Extra Packages" but only takes $10 off the package price. Check out the website...have a dozen special deals with deep discounts on brake pads, tank bags, etc.

Jim

jbfla 11-20-2015 09:38 PM

I ordered a centerstand, and 3 other small, light weight items...received the 20% discount but....the shipping was $38.25.

Has anyone else ordered accessories from CSC?

What was your experience with shipping charges?

I will think twice before ordering anything else from CSC that I can find from another vendor.

jb

MattyBoy1976 11-20-2015 10:27 PM

I agree that shipping seems a bit steep, but then I'm thoroughly spoiled by Amazon Prime's free two-day shipping!

Anybody have any experience with these helmets?

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/HJC-IS...m?1=1&CartID=0

20 percent off makes it a pretty decent deal, if it's a good helmet. Amazon reviews are generally positive, too.

ElkSlayer 11-20-2015 10:42 PM

Haven't tried one of those, but have you checked out Cycle Gear? They seem to have really good deals on their store brand helmets...I have one and love it.

Jim

kumatae 11-20-2015 10:54 PM

I live close enough where I hope they offer pick up. This might be the time to pick up the 19 inch wheel.

MattyBoy1976 11-20-2015 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElkSlayer (Post 198440)
Haven't tried one of those, but have you checked out Cycle Gear? They seem to have really good deals on their store brand helmets...I have one and love it.

Jim

Just went there and looked...is their store brand something besides Cycle Gear?

I'd like to find one that has significantly less wind noise than the cheap ATV helmet I currently have-any suggestions?

kumatae 11-20-2015 10:56 PM

Oh and I noticed that our bikes came with a skid plate. Is the one that's offered at $90 worth the upgrade? Is it that much better than what came with the bike??

ElkSlayer 11-20-2015 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyBoy1976 (Post 198442)
Just went there and looked...is their store brand something besides Cycle Gear?

I'd like to find one that has significantly less wind noise than the cheap ATV helmet I currently have-any suggestions?

I have the Bilt Adventure Helmet that has the second "visor" that slides down to act as sunglasses. It is no Shoei, but I can't afford a Shoei. Put in some earbuds hooked up to a MP3 and you are in business. If there is one around you, talk to them. They have something like a seven day return policy on helmets so you can actually ride with them to see if you like them or not.

Jim

Jay In Milpitas 11-20-2015 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumatae (Post 198443)
Oh and I noticed that our bikes came with a skid plate. Is the one that's offered at $90 worth the upgrade? Is it that much better than what came with the bike??

That would probably depend on how much off-roading you plan, and how intense the terrain.

detours 11-20-2015 11:50 PM

Quote:

I have the CSC skid plate and I love it. If you ride a lot in dirt, it's absolutely worth it. It's very tough and wraps really high up the front of the engine. If you don't need the protection, it may not be worth it, because it's not as easy to remove for oil changes as the stock plate. You can still access the main oil plug without removing the plate, but the side oil filter ports will drip into it if you don't take it off.

SpudRider 11-20-2015 11:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas (Post 198451)
That would probably depend on how much off-roading you plan, and how intense the terrain.

X2. ;)

I ride my Honda CRF250X in the rough stuff. I bought my RX3 for street and adventure riding. Therefore, the stock skid plate is great for me. :tup: Engine oil changes are much less messy with the stock skid plate. ;) However, if you ride your RX3 in very rough terrain, the aftermarket skid plate offers much more protection. :)

SpudRider 11-20-2015 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detours (Post 198452)
I have the CSC skid plate and I love it. If you ride a lot in dirt, it's absolutely worth it. It's very tough and wraps really high up the front of the engine. If you don't need the protection, it may not be worth it, because it's not as easy to remove for oil changes as the stock plate. You can still access the main oil plug without removing the plate, but the side oil filter ports will drip into it if you don't take it off.

You beat me by mere seconds, amigo. :lol:

Danimal 11-21-2015 09:25 AM

I have the aluminum skid plate from CSC. Very well made.
To get around the oil change mess was easy.
Took an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of hobby styrene (thin plastic)
Cut the width with scissors so it slides in between the skid plate and bottom frame rail.
Now any oil that drips out of screen openings or filter opening are directed Down the sheet and into your catch pan without a drop hitting the frame.
If you can't picture it I will try to get a picture. It's so simple.

Lee R 11-21-2015 11:45 AM

The CSC skid plate looks very robust. I'd probably add that to mine pretty soon although I haven't hit the stock pan on anything yet. The stock skid plate is a heck of a lot better than the KLR 650 gets! You could probably add plate to it if you know how to weld for cheap. It's not that thin though and should take some abuse.

Lee

keithmaine 11-21-2015 03:47 PM

Good deal on the aluminum luggage as well