ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Is this a joke (now illegal to sell children's motorcycles) (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=4941)

TeamCheap 02-12-2009 06:21 PM

Is this a joke (now illegal to sell children's motorcycles)

The sale of any motorcycles/minicycles for kids 12 and under is outlawed.

Here is a link.
OUTLAWED

Looking at my calender I see I havnt slepted until april 1st so it must be real.

SpudRider 02-12-2009 06:34 PM

Re: Is this a joke (now illegal to sell children's motorcycl

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamCheap
The sale of any motorcycles/minicycles for kids 12 and under is outlawed.

Here is a link.
OUTLAWED

Looking at my calender I see I havnt slepted until april 1st so it must be real.

Comrade TC, surely you are not questioning the beneficence of Big Brother? :wink:

I wish I were dreaming; however, I am convinced it will only get worse. :(

Spud :)

TeamCheap 02-12-2009 06:42 PM

QUESTION AUTHORITY !
I am very much afraid of whats to come as this isnt even the tip of the iceberg yet.

and for the record "I didnt want change"

liverchip 02-12-2009 07:22 PM

I'm keeping my kids wrapped in plastic until they're classics then selling them in e-bay!

That statement started as keeping them wrapped in bubble wrap, but the above sounded more fun! Never mind. need more beer. :roll:

Getting back to chewing on my frame.

gyjoe 02-12-2009 08:20 PM

I know of a couple of Honda dealers in this area that have removed the youth model atvs and dirt bikes from showroom floors as of Tuesday because of the ban.

Alaskan-Dad 02-12-2009 09:21 PM

Well it looks like something else to thank the past administration for:
Quote:

The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) was enacted in August 2008 and takes effect today.
LINK
How sad :(
I wonder what other little goodies were enacted that will be popping up on us?

jake100 02-12-2009 09:45 PM

I guess this will zap "Power Wheels" too? :( :(

warrior91 02-12-2009 10:19 PM

:roll:
"You must conform to our prescribed way of life...or you will suffer the consequences !"....
"Show me your papers."

:cry:

Jim 02-12-2009 10:32 PM

That's crazy... I don't think we have such a law in Canada? I welcome you to move up here... Please bring some of that Arizona sunshine with you though.

SpudRider 02-12-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior91
:roll:
"You must conform to our prescribed way of life...or you will suffer the consequences !"....
"Show me your papers."

:cry:

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :(

Spud

elroyjetsn 02-13-2009 09:06 AM

Pawn shops suddenly selling lots of new pitbikes

Hmm, so that explains why several local pawn shops started peddling Chinese new pitbikes in the past few weeks. Guess they got "special deals" on them. :roll:

Willys 02-13-2009 09:15 AM

I'm sure you can sell them..just not to under age riders...it's up to you who you allow to ride them ...no?

Then it's you who will pay for that misjudgement..legally I'm sure!

warrior91 02-13-2009 11:58 AM

I believe that the advertisment for sale of "mini" bikes for any other purpose than childrens rides is covered in the law as well.

Remember 3 wheelers...Even if you were a professional driver/racer you could not purchase a new one ...
Seems that miniature bikes are now collector items.

One more law to make criminals out of honest,hardworking average citizens. :roll:

Jim 02-13-2009 01:48 PM

It sounds like there is an exemption law for power sports that is supposed to pass on march 31st... That would be a good thing.

lego1970 02-13-2009 06:38 PM

I just found out about this yesterday and let me just say that it sickens me when I read about these government intrusions. I went to a dealer today to look at getting a new helmet and inquired about it. Yep sure enough they had a hold on the Yamaha PW series. They told me that they didn't expect the hold to last long because there were many loopholes in the law to get around it. I talked to another name brand dealer (name witheld) and they still had the 50cc and 80cc youth motorcycles on the floor. The guy in the back whom I've delt with over the years said the owner of this dealer wasn't going to back down. He's been in business since the early 80's and is a well respected dealer so I'm glad he's taking a stand. I don't think it will be long before they get around this ban, but it's sad that it's happened in the first place. It's amazing that in a time of a struggling economy that the government would actually think this ban would be a good thing.