ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   checking in from Boise, ID. (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14015)

turbozc03 09-01-2014 12:21 PM

checking in from Boise, ID.

Can't believe I haven't came across this forum before. Simply because I have owned several Chinese pit bikes and scooters. But i guess parts were easier to find then they are for my newest purchase 2006 zongshen sierra 200 bought from original owner and has 5514 miles and the infamous "no spark".

So you will see me posting asking for help :) I have already did a bunch of reading and found lots of good info. So wish me luck on my new toy.

ghcoe 09-01-2014 01:41 PM

Funny, we were just talking about there was only two of us from Idaho and then another shows up. Welcome, fellow Boisean.

katoranger 09-01-2014 02:07 PM

Welcome. No spark. Most likely a failed CDI.

turbozc03 09-01-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghcoe (Post 171944)
Funny, we were just talking about there was only two of us from Idaho and then another shows up. Welcome, fellow Boisean.

haha I just saw that. Thanks for the welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger (Post 171947)
Welcome. No spark. Most likely a failed CDI.

Kinda what I thought after I did some research on this forum.. and I am the type that hates waiting for parts lol. But either way I guess I will order 2 cdi's and a the pickup coils. So sad tho. Just wanna ride it NOW! :)

Weldangrind 09-01-2014 08:29 PM

Welcome! You live in a terrific, free State. I enjoy visiting Idaho, and I really like the Craters of the Moon National Park.

Glad you found us. We'll certainly be able to help you find the parts you need, and SpudRider (a fellow Idahoan) is the Master of the Zong.

culcune 09-01-2014 10:49 PM

Welcome! This makes several Idahoans!! Have any of you guys been to Fire Dog Racing in Meridian? I know he introduced himself and his dealer a month or so ago, but not sure where Meridian, Idaho, so could be hundreds of miles away.

ghcoe 09-01-2014 11:25 PM

About 10 miles from me but have not heard of him.

turbozc03 09-02-2014 01:38 PM

Just looked them up and called. Left a message. Thanks for the info. I already ordered 2 cdi boxes and 2 pickup coils/stator off taobao.com. but i want to ride now lol.

Anyone have a idea on how long it usually takes to receive ur stuff taobao?

Weldangrind 09-02-2014 03:20 PM

It depends on how it's shipped. I normally place a large order, so it takes Taobao Trends a couple weeks to get everything in. Once they ship it, I have received it in as long as 10 days (by EMS) and as little as three days (by DHL).

SpudRider 09-03-2014 04:18 AM

Welcome fellow Idahoan, and fellow Zongite. :hi:

I'm glad you ordered the items from Taobao. :) I also see you contacted SamM, who is parting out his Zong. :tup:

I'm sorry I missed your second private message; my inbox was full. I have since deleted some old messages to make some room in my inbox. ;)

turbozc03 09-03-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 172038)
Welcome fellow Idahoan, and fellow Zongite. :hi:

I'm glad you ordered the items from Taobao. :) I also see you contacted SamM, who is parting out his Zong. :tup:

I'm sorry I missed your second private message; my inbox was full. I have since deleted some old messages to make some room in my inbox. ;)

Ya u must get alot of messages.. I did message him. Hoping to buy some parts :)

can't tell ya how helpful this forum is.... I love it..

I am also looking at buying 2 250cc zongshen 2x4 4 wheelers tonight. I bought a camper trailer last night and the people just so happen to have a couple 4 wheelers for sell. I asked to look at them and to no surprise they were zongshen 250s. I am hoping the take my offer. I am on a roll right now ;)

Weldangrind 09-04-2014 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbozc03 (Post 172074)
I am also looking at buying 2 250cc zongshen 2x4 4 wheelers tonight. I bought a camper trailer last night and the people just so happen to have a couple 4 wheelers for sell. I asked to look at them and to no surprise they were zongshen 250s. I am hoping the take my offer. I am on a roll right now ;)

Those quads are likely to be equipped with Honda-clone pushrod motors. Very reliable.

I'd love to see your new trailer.

humanbeing 09-04-2014 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbozc03 (Post 172015)
...Anyone have a idea on how long it usually takes to receive ur stuff taobao?

Domestic part:
960 + miles btw seller (Chongqing /SW China) & agent (Shenzhen/ S China). ie. The Int'l shipping quotation from agent need at least 3 working days after u ordered it.
---
EMS to USA is time guaranteed:
http://www.ems.com.cn/serviceguide/s...n_cha_xun.html
Shenzhen's postal code : 518000