ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Web Deals - NEW! (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Hawk TT250 Exhaust $99.99 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20165)

Megadan 11-05-2017 01:54 AM

I like the head shield. I just used some good titanium DEI header wrap with a heavy overlap from flange to just a few inches before the muffler wrapped back to front. Still holding up after a full season of riding, and it made a huge difference on radiant heat. Not only radiant heat and reduced burn chance on my person, but the surrounding parts of the bike as well.

Musictrek 11-05-2017 01:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musictrek (Post 268391)
This is more like what I had in mind with the bracket. Now it cant fold up. The spacer that came with the pipe worked well with mounting this and welding the pieces together.

I revised the bracket so I could mount the original exhaust plastic shield.

Musictrek 11-05-2017 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 268395)
I like the head shield. I just used some good titanium DEI header wrap with a heavy overlap from flange to just a few inches before the muffler wrapped back to front. Still holding up after a full season of riding, and it made a huge difference on radiant heat. Not only radiant heat and reduced burn chance on my person, but the surrounding parts of the bike as well.

My shield has really done will with automotive double sided sticky tape mounting the shield to the case of the motor. I had a fear of laying down the bike on my leg with that hot pipe with 3rd degree burns. Not to mention it just being hot while riding.

JerryHawk250 11-05-2017 05:44 AM

Nice job. :tup:

Musictrek 11-05-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 268401)
Nice job. :tup:

Thank you JerryHawk250. I don't think I would have ever done this until you mentioned the price of the pipe. It noticeably gave my bike a quicker response to some extra torque. Its like taking the bottle cap off the beer bottle and letting her guzzle out!

BlackBike 11-05-2017 07:07 PM

That will do musictrek. Fine attention to detail! Making a sleeper if I do say so:clap: always cool to see what folks come up with on this site

Musictrek 11-05-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 268432)
That will do musictrek. Fine attention to detail! Making a sleeper if I do say so:clap: always cool to see what folks come up with on this site

Ha! they cant see what's under the hood until I let her rip! It is a bike for some custom work at home. I like that about it.

JerryHawk250 11-06-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musictrek (Post 268403)
Thank you JerryHawk250. I don't think I would have ever done this until you mentioned the price of the pipe. It noticeably gave my bike a quicker response to some extra torque. Its like taking the bottle cap off the beer bottle and letting her guzzle out!

So you noticed a big improvement over the gutted stock exhaust? I would like to get one myself but just can't afford getting one right now. But glad I was able to help others save a few buck. I like how you reused the stock muffler shield. :tup: Thanks for sharing the idea. That's what I was planning on doing and you just saved me a whole lot of brain storming lol.

Musictrek 11-06-2017 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 268471)
So you noticed a big improvement over the gutted stock exhaust? I would like to get one myself but just can't afford getting one right now. But glad I was able to help others save a few buck. I like how you reused the stock muffler shield. :tup: Thanks for sharing the idea. That's what I was planning on doing and you just saved me a whole lot of brain storming lol.

A definite improvement with power. Its like a Harley rumble now or burley deep tone. I mounted the OEM exhaust shield to hide the mount of the new exhaust bracket. When I mounted my exhaust I just pushed the rear outlet of the exhaust pipe down and made the bracket to go that length. That gave me enough room for my heat shield fit under the air box without touching the box. It works good for that. My shield under my air box looks like it will do the job well. The muffler shield has three bolt mounts as you know. I mounted my bracket to the top two. The side one I just put a nut on the bolt for looks. Its pretty sturdy with two bolt mounts. For 99 bucks its a pretty good upgrade. I really had no plans to do it. The stock mod was a pretty good one. This 99 dollar exhaust takes it one step further in performance.

JerryHawk250 11-06-2017 08:05 PM

If that's the case I really need to get one soon. Always like more power. Lol

Musictrek 11-06-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 268499)
If that's the case I really need to get one soon. Always like more power. Lol

Ask Santa Clause for one!

JerryHawk250 11-06-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musictrek (Post 268505)
Ask Santa Clause for one!

Well if all you guys pitch in with the money I saved you on the exhaust you all can get me that for Christmas :lmao:

Musictrek 11-12-2017 12:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musictrek (Post 268495)
A definite improvement with power. Its like a Harley rumble now or burley deep tone. I mounted the OEM exhaust shield to hide the mount of the new exhaust bracket. When I mounted my exhaust I just pushed the rear outlet of the exhaust pipe down and made the bracket to go that length. That gave me enough room for my heat shield fit under the air box without touching the box. It works good for that. My shield under my air box looks like it will do the job well. The muffler shield has three bolt mounts as you know. I mounted my bracket to the top two. The side one I just put a nut on the bolt for looks. Its pretty sturdy with two bolt mounts. For 99 bucks its a pretty good upgrade. I really had no plans to do it. The stock mod was a pretty good one. This 99 dollar exhaust takes it one step further in performance.

Well I cant leave well enough alone. I modified the bracket and pipe and frame of the bike. All in to keep the clearance of the air box and to position the pipe near the original geometry of the OEM pipe. Cutting the stainless steel pipe was a risky move. It all worked out though. There's no going back now!

Musictrek 11-12-2017 12:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musictrek (Post 269031)
Well I cant leave well enough alone. I modified the bracket and pipe and frame of the bike. All in to keep the clearance of the air box and to position the pipe near the original geometry of the OEM pipe. Cutting the stainless steel pipe was a risky move. It all worked out though. There's no going back now!

The bracket installed with pipe now.

Musictrek 11-12-2017 12:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musictrek (Post 269032)
The bracket installed with pipe now.

matched the angle of the storage tube on the other side.