ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dealer & Distributor Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Getting parts From USA MOTORTOYS (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=7971)

daddy469 09-27-2010 08:01 PM

Getting parts From USA MOTORTOYS

So the buying experience from USA Motortoys was great, but now I need a part. This thread will document from first phone call onward in getting a flywheel cover for a PitsterPro LXT 400! I will be calling them tomorrow morning at 9AM Mountain Time. Stay Tuned!

Daddy 8)

BillR 09-28-2010 07:34 AM

Good luck, hope it goes well and quickly.
Bill R

katoranger 09-28-2010 10:35 AM

Okay, another half hour.

daddy469 09-28-2010 07:23 PM

Busy day at the pepper grinder. Anyway, according to my blackberry I called USA Motortoys parts department at 9:03 AM. I was on hold for about 15 minutes. I spoke with Chris in parts and he said my part wasn't in stock (no suprise I figured that would be the case) and he would need to order it. Claimed he would have it in 2 or 3 weeks and that he would call me when it came in. I failed to ask how much it would cost, but I'll ask when I hear from them again. I shall keep ya'all posted....

Daddy 8)

Weldangrind 09-28-2010 09:51 PM

At least you reached a warm body.

TurboT 09-29-2010 12:54 AM

2-3 weeks!! Bummer.
8O

daddy469 09-29-2010 09:55 AM

I'm just glad it is in the realm of possibility :D!
Daddy 8)

BillR 09-30-2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddy469
I'm just glad it is in the realm of possibility :D!
Daddy 8)

Yeah, buddy...
I always get the :? look when asking for parts.
Ya'll know what I mean...
Bill R

daddy469 10-04-2010 08:49 AM

1 Week down, 1 more week to go for a call back. Should be interesting especially since I didn't have to pay for it first before it was ordered....

Daddy 8)

MICRider 10-17-2010 02:17 PM

Any word on the new cover yet? I'm hoping they can supply parts for these bikes as that will greatly effect their popularity down the road.

daddy469 10-20-2010 09:57 AM

Just got back into town last night. I'll be calling them either today or tomorrow. I'm thinking since it has been 3 weeks and they haven't called me to say it is in, that it isn't in yet - but I shall find out and post :)

Daddy 8)

daddy469 10-26-2010 10:41 PM

OK, last week they were willing to take a flywheel cover off of a bike and ship it to me which was great news for me! Bad news for me, no credit card in wallet.

They sold the bike they where going to take it from, so good for them, bad for me. I get to wait 1 more week according to their parts dept. We shall see! I only have ran 1 tank of gas through it. I'm going to see if they can extend my warranty a bit since it has been idle in my garage save 237 miles :).

They all seem very nice and very reasonable at Pitsterpro and I still highly recommend them as a vendor. :)

Daddy 8)

katoranger 10-27-2010 09:04 AM

The good is that at least they stay in contact.

The bad, your flywheel cover is on the slow boat. Maybe it is passing HI right now. Then about 3 more weeks to clear customs and 2 more weeks to get to you. So about Christmas time.
:wink:

FastDoc 10-27-2010 12:22 PM

They all seem very nice and very reasonable at Pitsterpro and I still highly recommend them as a vendor.

You are very generous.

I think they should have canabilized another bike and sent you the part the same day you needed it, with an apology and for free. :(

Then they should have waited to sell the canbalized bike until THEY received the new part, if they ever do, off the slow boat from China.

JMHO.

TurboT 10-27-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastDoc
They all seem very nice and very reasonable at Pitsterpro and I still highly recommend them as a vendor.

You are very generous.

I think they should have canabilized another bike and sent you the part the same day you needed it, with an apology and for free. :(

Then they should have waited to sell the canbalized bike until THEY received the new part, if they ever do, off the slow boat from China.

JMHO.

Wasn't this part damaged by a mis-aimed hammer strike? Not sure that's warranty... unless of course it was put to them it was damaged threads due to factory error.

Either way, we'd all like to see daddy469 get his part in a more timely fashion.