ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   ATVs (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Tao Tao Rhino 250 spark fuel won't start (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20696)

TaborTot 02-28-2018 02:36 PM

Tao Tao Rhino 250 spark fuel won't start

I have a Tao Tao Rhino 250 that is almost brand new.. I had to replace the ignition coil because the wire was broken and road a couple of weekends... let it sit a bit and it had no spark again. I ordered a box of electronic parts with the CDI box ignition coil voltage regulator and solenoid. Still no spark. So I researched and found that the kill switch may be bad and unplugged the wire to the CDI box and now it has spark but still won't start.. it's getting fuel to the plug and still nothing. Any ideas?

JerryHawk250 02-28-2018 03:51 PM

Have you replaced the spark plug that came with the bike? Usually the stock plug that comes with these Chinese bikes are junk. replace with a NGK plug.

TaborTot 02-28-2018 05:15 PM

Sure havent... just thought that if it had good spark it would run.. I'll look into the new plug and order one tomorrow.. Thanks!

PANDEMIC 03-01-2018 02:28 PM

did you use gas with ethanol in it you might have clogged the carb already

Darth Racer 03-01-2018 09:08 PM

I second the NGK plugs... I use them in everything.

You can only get ethanol laced fuel where I live.... haven't had any problems yet running premium in it. The higher octane gets a better boom then the lower grades. Just don't let gas sit in the tank for long periods of time.

david3921 03-03-2018 01:09 PM

Check your battery. I've had a bike able to start and idle but would die with throttle input.

Questions: where are you checking for spark? Also, what do you mean when you say there is fuel at the plug?

FLASHLIGHTBOY 03-06-2018 01:39 PM

no start????

when you say... WON,T START???? would not turn over... will not fire up when cranking??? if you have a bad sparkplug... shorting out... you will get spark when you test it...outside the motor... but not when installed...so try another plug... or test it with a ohm meter.. does it read when you test the plug end to the case??? shorted then... if the valves are too tight... even when new... the gas will not get drawn into the motor... dry plug when cranking over... no fuel getting drawn into the motor.... take the air cleaner off... crank motor.. see fuel spitting back out... valves too tight... fuel leaking out of front of carb... tell us some more info..

TaborTot 03-21-2018 11:54 PM

Sorry it's been so long to get my reply on here... got it to run!! Friend of mine came by while I was at work and did something that I thought only old motors needed to get started.... poorer a little gas directly into the carb and it fired right up... fires right up every time now... thank you everyone for your input!! Its nice to have so many helpful ppl respond and try to help! Happy trails!!