ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Hawk 250 DLX Motocheez review (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24426)

Dusman 08-31-2019 08:08 AM

Hawk 250 DLX Motocheez review

https://youtu.be/E-HzU7wsDpY

RedCrowRides 08-31-2019 08:44 AM

Overall it looks good and the price is right, but I am frankly concerned about the long term reliability of the EFI system and components, as well as wondering what can be done if you decide to add aftermarket filter and pipe ( catless ,etc) which generally requires a reflash and if anyone will step up and offer that service.

Still , it is encouraging to see the Chinese Bike market make the first step into more modern offerings like EFI ,inverted forks, adj, rear shocks and still be new for under $2k.

NzBrakelathes 08-31-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCrowRides (Post 317445)
Overall it looks good and the price is right, but I am frankly concerned about the long term reliability of the EFI system and components, as well as wondering what can be done if you decide to add aftermarket filter and pipe ( catless ,etc) which generally requires a reflash and if anyone will step up and offer that service.

Still , it is encouraging to see the Chinese Bike market make the first step into more modern offerings like EFI ,inverted forks, adj, rear shocks and still be new for under $2k.

All that “new stuff” is old hat in China
They’ve long passed this type of bike and due to lack of interest in such a basic model have long progressed on the bigger n better
What you’re seeing is up to 5 years old tech or more in chinatown

wedooit 08-31-2019 10:23 AM

Nice video! Thanks for the post! I didn't know motocheez bought one of these.

comments....the screws that go into the fuel tank, should go into a blind flange. Motocheez did a nice job of making the fiber washers. The original orings, could fail at a later date, and need to be replaced with fiber washers.

A video cd attached? Nice step up!

Also, motocheez found the master link on the bike was not installed properly.

Good video! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Skyteamst90 08-31-2019 02:05 PM

Csc tt250

I wonder if CSC will update their tt250 with EFI? Any one know?

Musictrek 08-31-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusman (Post 317443)

Glad they used Delphi electronics! I would think it would be pretty reliable. Would think that a elevation change from like sea level to 5,000 ft. would shine on this bike for performance.

pete 08-31-2019 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Any EFI worth haveing should beable to make the A/F ratio changes..
why they have a few sencers in the system..

If not you can do it manually as you ride for a bout $5 worth of bits..
Adjust the A/F ratio at the turn of a nob...

ss27gogeta 08-31-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

If its like the xpecs efi its speed density and should be able to make adjustments for exhaust and filter upgrades

ss27gogeta 08-31-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 317476)

How do you make one of them fancy devices

NzBrakelathes 08-31-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 317476)

Here's best I know and what I understand be it right or wrong:
Yes that would work at below 6000 RPM, above that Delphi runs of its own map etc. Also the ECU would compensate back to desired AF even if you trick it into thinking the Air Temp is lower (self learning).
Funny thing is this EFI is even a bit better quality that is found on the GPX or PitsterPro which has a cheap DIY style Rojo EFI.

My RX3 and many bikes sold in China use Delphi as so do Briggs and Stratton mower and several other small engines upto 2 cyl.

If you look at the RX3 threads you get some more info BUT I haven't seen much about tuning the ECU and that I believe requires expensive gear etc.
No I never did anything with my RX3 ECU it is stock yet has a big bore.
The DLX has a Delphi made ECU but other parts are not Delphi made but compatible (maybe injector is Delphi maybe not)

pete 08-31-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss27gogeta (Post 317481)
How do you make one of them fancy devices

1 ohm pentameter....
wired into the air box temp sencer...
you tell lies to the ECU about how hot
the air is...
Tell the ECU the air is hotter " lower O2 level " it will lean the A/F ratio...
Tell the ECU the air is colder " higher O2 level " it will richen the A/F ratio..

On my XT660R I can hear the engine note change while idling
when I turn the nob...

NzBrakelathes 08-31-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 317485)
1 ohm pentameter....
wired into the air box temp sencer...
you tell lies to the ECU about how hot
the air is...
Tell the ECU the air is hotter " lower O2 level " it will lean the A/F ratio...
Tell the ECU the air is colder " higher O2 level " it will richen the A/F ratio..

On my XT660R I can hear the engine note change while idling
when I turn the nob...

Correct BUT........
That would only work when the ECU looks at the Air temp so below 6000RPM, also the ECU would be compensating as it would sense from O2 sensor the real AF.
So it would work often to a point but ECU would try n trim back to target AF to 14.6 (I think that is what Delphi commonly set theirs to be).

It should give some benefit but wonder if it is as stable as it could be - also if AF is set good it would run just fine etc.
I know they sold these type of boxes for many bikes using the same method in tricking the ECU but I haven't tried it my self.

pete 08-31-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nzbrakelathes (Post 317487)
correct but........
That would only work when the ecu looks at the air temp so below 6000rpm, also the ecu would be compensating as it would sense from o2 sensor the real af.
So it would work often to a point but ecu would try n trim back to target af to 14.6 (i think that is what delphi commonly set theirs to be).

It should give some benefit but wonder if it is as stable as it could be - also if af is set good it would run just fine etc.
I know they sold these type of boxes for many bikes using the same method in tricking the ecu but i haven't tried it my self.

ok....

culcune 09-01-2019 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyteamst90 (Post 317470)
I wonder if CSC will update their tt250 with EFI? Any one know?

It would have to be a different bike IF they didn't want to have any 'down' time not selling TT250s. Big brand motorcycle companies can skip a year or two with bikes while upgrading them and getting them certified once again. Also, from what I understand, once you certify, it is more or less just renewing your certification. They also recertify with California's CARB annually. In other words, a kind of catch-22; they would have to start from ground 0 if they were to upgrade. What if it wouldn't pass, or at least in California? Now they lost sales on the 'old' TT250, and have to deal with delays in getting the new/improved one to market. Also, they run the risk of losing out in California.

They would be better off trying to get Zongshen to create a new bike while continuing sales on the TT250.

Megadan 09-01-2019 04:17 AM

Upgraded charging system and a much better placement of the reg/rec is nice to see.

Re-routed and shorter spark plug wire to stop it melting from the exhaust is a nice little upgrade.

That rattling clutch bothers me. That indicates that some of the clutch discs are sticking due to sitting without the oil making sufficient contact to prevent corrosion. That is a concern to me for early clutch failure.

Stainless steel exhaust is nice, although I am curious about the catalyst. Also kind of annoying that they use the same thumb screw clamp that likes to vibrate loose.

I suspect the speedo is still rather optimistic, but now in digital! At least it has a tach.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedooit (Post 317453)
Nice video! Thanks for the post! I didn't know motocheez bought one of these.

comments....the screws that go into the fuel tank, should go into a blind flange. Motocheez did a nice job of making the fiber washers. The original orings, could fail at a later date, and need to be replaced with fiber washers.

A video cd attached? Nice step up!

Also, motocheez found the master link on the bike was not installed properly.

Good video! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

A fiber washer isn't a bad idea, but I would swap out to metric nitrile rubber O-rings and hylomar sealant on the threads, which likely would have been more than enough to prevent any leaks.

Honestly, if I were going to spend $2000 on this, I would just spend the extra money to get the TT250. I am silly that way. A more complicated machine for less money sold by a company notorious for screwing people with warranty claims, and still likely plagued with the same quality issues (the seat is a great example).