ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   News, Support, & Feedback (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Nothing is free (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=290)

Ferrit 01-22-2007 05:59 AM

Nothing is free

And most of us know that Frostbite must be putting his own $$$ into running this site. To help defray some of the costs I would be willing to buy a couple of decals or stickers or ????. I really like the font you used for the headline and think it would make a great fender decal.

I appreciate the work you have done in getting this site set and in keeping it running.

frostbite 01-22-2007 06:49 AM

I appreciate the thought. I already had the server in place for other purposes so site expenses are pretty minimal. However, merchandise (ie. swag) has been brought up before and I just recently setup a cafeexpress.com account exactly for this purpose.

One of my bumper sticker prototypes:

http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/...serialNumber=2

I've got a few more in the pipe (including one of the site logo) and I hope to get them up for sale this week. The Cafe Express cost is $2.99 USD. I was thinking of charging $5; I don't want to be greedy. If that's too pricey let me know.

Ferrit 01-22-2007 06:44 PM

Frostbite--You da MAN! Eggzakly what I was thinking. Lay out the linky and I'll get one tonight. 5 bucks is less than I paid for lunch today so that ain't bad.

Count me in. If the profits get to be too much maybe you can put them towards a gathering.

Cam 01-22-2007 09:03 PM

I like that one. cash, credit or paypal?

How about something with a hammer and sickle, or red star, or a pic of Mao on it that you can stick on the back of your helmet?

Ferrit 01-23-2007 04:21 AM

I've thought about the Red Star. I think I've even used it in a post for Red Star rides or reunions to describe a gathering of China bikes.

I also always think of the Flying Tigers from WWII and the influence they had both in bringing some sampling of China back to the US and on the Chinese people they encountered while there. Someone that was good at graphic design (and that wouldn't be me) could do some nice work incorporating "China Riders" and the P-40 nose art.

gyjoe 01-23-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrit
Someone that was good at graphic design (and that wouldn't be me) could do some nice work incorporating "China Riders" and the P-40 nose art.

After all, it is true that like the Flying Tigers, the China bikes are taking a bite out of the Japanese (motorcycle) Empire.

PolygonFla 01-31-2007 01:47 PM

I’ve been thinking of getting a custom bumper sticker from www.tapeworks.com saying “STUPID HURTS!” or “STUPID IS SUPPOSED TO HURT” for a while now.

liverchip 02-01-2007 06:39 PM

We have any stickers available yet there Frostbite? I'll buy.

frostbite 02-01-2007 07:36 PM

I've setup a cafepress.com account for chinariders.net. See the 'Swag' link at the top of the page. I'll add more stickers and coffee mugs shortly. Right now I only have the bumper sticker listed in this thread. I set the price for bumper stickers to $4 USD.

PolygonFla 02-01-2007 10:28 PM

Hey! If I am not the first to actually buy one at least I am the first to proclaim that I have!

Woo Hoo

I ordered the Pretty good copy sticker.

frostbite 02-02-2007 07:12 AM

Thanks. I'm going to add a few more stickers and a T-Shirt and Mug in the next few days.

pobiker 02-03-2007 07:58 PM

Cool sticker, would ya consider a helmet sticker size, would be cool to put on both my helmets, dirt lid and road lid. I have a buddy that does in memory of patches, and others, if I see him soon I will ask if he could do a sew on patch? "MY WALLET (and my wife) PREFERS CHINA BIKES 3:1"

blimpman 02-03-2007 08:20 PM

I'm in!!!

ejcycles 02-04-2007 06:06 AM

I'm in too...I'm going to wait though, I want to order at least one of everything and put them in my shop! Frostbite, PM me on a price for quantities of the one that says Don't Steal this bike...there is a Honda down the street...I love it! I will put them in my shop and give them out to everyone that buys a China Bike or sell them to those that don't!!!

Bruce

mdsuave13 02-05-2007 08:54 PM

i like the idea, but not the sticker, im not really into a solid white background, if you got one i could slap on my jeep about china bikes, i'd be into it.

also, maybe just stickers that say "ride red at www.chinabikes.net" like 1"x10" or something? im not a sticker designer, but i like my stickers to be obscure or blend a lil. :)