ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Hello from Houston! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20142)

Lmtjoey56 10-22-2017 01:37 PM

Hello from Houston!

Hi all!!!
My names Joey, and I'm new to the scooter game.
Just got a taotao lancer 150, and thanks to all the advice oooh received lurking here, she runs great and hopefully will for years to come.
This second thing I'm gonna say, is probably going to make several people here think my name is actually "manny", but it's not.
I ordered from tx powersports/5 alternate company names, on a drunken whim before I'd seen this site.
Read all the reviews on here and immediately regretted my decision, however, after emailing them and telling them that I was worried about all that I'd read, they seemed to genuinely want to fix their reputation.
Told them I'd put a good word out there if they fulfilled my expectations.
So far, they have. Got my bike 5 days after ordering. They forgot my trickle charger, but I emailed them, and it shipped the same day. Got it 4 days later.
Mostly I was concerned about my tags and title though as I've read a lot of people saying they didn't receive them for up to 8 weeks.
They shipped yesterday. Whole process took 2 weeks. Totally surpassed my expectations after hearing so many manny horror stories.
Anyways, I guess I didn't have to say all that in my initial "hello",
But I figured I'd get it out of the way in case people started accusing me of being manny myself. Seen a couple threads where that happened.
Alright!

kirbo7106 10-22-2017 03:43 PM

Greetings!

Hey Joey! Welcome to the forum! Ok, just so you know, people on this forum want to see pictures! Ok, I’m part of that group! Joey, SHOW US THE PICTURES!!!:p

Be safe out there!

Lmtjoey56 10-22-2017 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 11050

jsumd 10-22-2017 10:24 PM

Welcome aboard! Glad you had a pleasant experience with buying your bike! Enjoy and I hope to see some ride reports :D

Azhule 10-23-2017 11:18 AM

Funny how he NOW wants to fix his reputation... what a turd :p

Good looking scooter you got there :tup:

Lit Hawk 10-23-2017 09:21 PM

Welcome, what side of town are you? I'm in spring,I also have a lancer. They're good scooters I've had mine since May. Only problems I've had are the center stand broke so take it easy with that I think it was from sitting on it while it was on the center stand and my starter clutch was rattling really bad got that replaced and quieted down a lot. They are a lot of fun for runnin around town. I also got the silver but my seats all black.

Lmtjoey56 10-24-2017 02:28 PM

I'm in Pearland, so far I'm loving the bike. Had wanted one for about 10 years and don't know why waited so long to take the plunge.
I keep having issues with it bogging down, but only after I've been riding for more than an hour at a time.
Otherwise, it actually runs better than I could have imagined.
Test drove a lance havana classic and thought that'd be what I went with, but I really liked the idea of having a bike I wouldn't be worried about tinkering with.
Couldn't be happier with the decision!

Weldangrind 10-25-2017 11:42 AM

Welcome, Joey! The GY6 150 is a terrific motor and very tuneable.