ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Reviews (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Shark 250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20122)

Maggpyer 10-19-2017 08:24 AM

Shark 250

4 Attachment(s)
Bashan. I thought, what...the...f*@k...is...that?! In my opinion, after 6000 thousand miles in 5 months, it’s the smartest move I’ve made in a looooong time. I have never owned a motorcycle or ridden one, other than a small Honda 70 a couple of times. I’m a veteran Jeeper but got out of that a few years back. I wanted something with decent capabilities on road as well as off-road. With minor complaints(tires, headlight, mirrors, foot pegs, chain)this bike has taken me everywhere I’ve wanted to go. Tarmac, tar and chip, gravel, dirt and a little bit of mud and sand. Even have a couple of 14-16 inch deep water crossings under our belts. Attachment 11008

Attachment 11009

Attachment 11010

My back tire is pretty worn and my chain is sooo badly stretched that it’s tearing up the rear sprocket. I took it off along with the front and rear wheels the other day. All of the bearings are are still operating perfectly!
Attachment 11011

This little motor, I think, is amazing. I plan on gearing it a bit higher with my new sprockets, but the motor is quite the little thumper. I added a NGK spark plug and wrapped the header and she purrs when it’s idling. Could possibly use a Makuni carb but I don’t think it’s needed for now.

Final thoughts...I have dropped this bike 30-40 times. Haven’t had any serious wrecks but it has hit HARD a handful of times. I’ve broken about 3” of the clutch lever, 1” off of the brake lever, the right mirror broke off at the base, lost a cover on the back right blinker, and all kinds of small dings and scratches everywhere on it! I definitely made the right choice purchasing “Jaws.” Because he eats up the terrain😁

Weldangrind 10-19-2017 10:19 AM

I can't tell from the pic on my old monitor; is your engine a CG or CB?

Megadan 10-19-2017 01:25 PM

The motor looks to be a counter balanced CG250, but it is hard to tell from the angle.

You have definitely given that bike a good thrashing of the course of this year to give it a fair review lol.

If the Shark uses the same basic sprockets as the Hawk does, then you can upgrade to a 520 chain. Might not help much with longevity in terms of wear from dirt and grit, but it should definitely stop it stretching as easily.

goat67 10-19-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 267311)

Pretty sure it is Counter Balanced

culcune 10-19-2017 09:31 PM

The three Bashan 'premium' bikes have seemed to definitely prove themselves--The Storm 250, Shark 250, and Brozz 250 have given many members here a lot of value for under $2k. We do/did get some more standard Bashan enduros as well, the one that comes to mind is the Blaze, but even those who purchased those had good experiences considering the lower prices they paid.

The most recent Bashan bike, in which the consensus isn't quite out yet, is the Hawk 250 fighting 'Enforcer'. I couldn't imagine it being much different from the Hawk, if not less things to tinker/improve on. But, not much member opinion on those out there vs. the NUMEROUS Hawk members.

2LZ 10-20-2017 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 267311)

The ever-popular counter-balanced 229 CG.

Maggpyer 10-21-2017 01:32 AM

CB I think

Shark250 09-14-2018 02:12 AM

I’m new here and I recently purchased a second hand shark for 300$ drove it immediately from Omaha to my house in Lincoln and everything seems wonderful been riding it to work and having some fun. Mainly got it for my family’s cabin on the river just for some cheap fun and so far it’s been already worth the money. Just curious about some of the mods here such as the ngk spark plug as to the gap and specific plug you are using. I have found it hard to find any mod pages besides a few on here. Any help would be fantastic! My bike is a 2016 shark 250.

JerryHawk250 09-14-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark250 (Post 290544)
I’m new here and I recently purchased a second hand shark for 300$ drove it immediately from Omaha to my house in Lincoln and everything seems wonderful been riding it to work and having some fun. Mainly got it for my family’s cabin on the river just for some cheap fun and so far it’s been already worth the money. Just curious about some of the mods here such as the ngk spark plug as to the gap and specific plug you are using. I have found it hard to find any mod pages besides a few on here. Any help would be fantastic! My bike is a 2016 shark 250.

Most of the mods that are done on the Storm 250, Hawk 250, TT250 will work on the Shark. Most of these mods are covered in Megadan's thread for the Hawk and most will apply to your bike too.
Hawk Information and Resource guide: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20331

2LZ 09-14-2018 11:28 AM

It's hard to kill a Hondoid. Get price too! 300.00. Wow!
Pics?

Shark250 09-14-2018 04:03 PM

Yeah it is identical to the picture above I can post some pics later. All in all the kid I got it from totaled his car and needed some quick cash and I offered 300 in person after a quick test drive and he accepted. And just to be sure when you said most of the mods will work on the storm did you mean shark? Kind of looked like a typo since you stated storm twice.

JerryHawk250 09-14-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark250 (Post 290596)
Yeah it is identical to the picture above I can post some pics later. All in all the kid I got it from totaled his car and needed some quick cash and I offered 300 in person after a quick test drive and he accepted. And just to be sure when you said most of the mods will work on the storm did you mean shark? Kind of looked like a typo since you stated storm twice.

The Shark and Storm are made by the same manufacture and share a lot of parts. Same engine.

Cravin01 09-14-2018 07:29 PM

I modded out my Storm and its basically the same bike with a few differences like head light and plastics, Your in the right place and all mods except airbox mod (not needed) works on all the Bashan's.

You really got a great deal on that bike and it will definitely give more than your money's worth in fun, Mine has been bullet proof so far.

Shark250 09-19-2018 06:33 PM

My kickstand just broke today haha anyone got any ideas how to fix would post pics if I knew how

2LZ 09-20-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark250 (Post 290941)
My kickstand just broke today haha anyone got any ideas how to fix would post pics if I knew how

Broke....like snapped in half?