ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Video and Pics (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Hawk is here, yay! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19247)

Megadan 06-01-2017 05:05 PM

Hawk is here, yay!

4 Attachment(s)
Gratuitous photos. Cant wait to get it together and tinker.

JerryHawk250 06-01-2017 05:11 PM

Congrats!!! Let the fun began. Here's a little trivial information, Saia Motor Freight started right here in the little city of Houma, La. as a local trucking company. ;)

Sir kayakalot 06-01-2017 09:58 PM

That's cool Jerry, I didn't know that. Got it running yet Megadan?

dpl096 06-01-2017 10:24 PM

Congratulations on the delivery. I hope you enjoy assembly and getting to know your bike!

Megadan 06-02-2017 01:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir kayakalot (Post 25799)
Got it running yet Megadan?

Nope, but I had to leave it be and just started working on it 2 hours ago. I had a date with a lady and her camera ( picture below of my Goldwing will explain.)

Getting it off the crate by yourself sucks lol. Hopefully tomorrow., but since I plan on seeing my mother, most likely Saturday. It is going to take me longer than usual because i am doing a couple of upgrades while I assemble it, and changing out all of the fluids, going over all the wiring and connectors with shrink tube, tape, and dialecteic grease. I am also taking all of the panels off and loctiting everything that needs it, checking the trueness of my wheels and tightening the spokes, as i found a couple of loose ones right out of the box. I am also going to pull the rear swing arm and bushings to put antisieze on the outer and inner sleeves. I am a bit meticulous by nature...

Megadan 06-02-2017 02:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Things i have found so far. With the forks on mine, they come with a small 20 to 25mm preload spacer, and the oil in them was clear, but was full of fine particles. It has since been replaced with 15wt synthetic fork oil.

Megadan 06-02-2017 02:39 AM

Also of note with my 2017. Brake lever and shifter do not come installed, but the kickstand and spring did.

EDIT: I also forgot to note, my bike did not escape completely unscathed from shipping. Thankfully nothing is broken or badly damaged. Some paint/powdercoat was rubbed off of the handlebars in one spot, as well as a couple of small spots on the left side of the engine case. In all, my experience so far has been great. I submitted my MCO request with Killermotorsports, so we will see how well that process goes.

Megadan 06-02-2017 07:04 AM

New buddies!

1 Attachment(s)
I had to stop working and bring my Goldwing in because of a nasty storm system coming through. Calling it a night, and hopefully I can get it done this weekend. Until then, my two girls can get to know each other.

Weldangrind 06-02-2017 12:15 PM

Lovely Wing pic, with the sun streaming through the trees.

Megadan 06-02-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 258048)
Lovely Wing pic, with the sun streaming through the trees.

I wish I could take credit for it! My girlfriend is a very artistic person and used to work as a professional photographer at one time. I can snap off one good picture in 50, while she can walk up, take 10 photos, and all 10 are amazing.

Megadan 06-03-2017 06:42 AM

5 Attachment(s)
A look at the 2017 burrito tube. It is pretty small, and has no weather seal, but it is just big enough for the factory tool kit.

Also noticed that mine came shipped with the chain very tight. That is me pushing up on said chain pretty hard.

Side by side of IMS vs stock shifters

Megadan 06-03-2017 09:19 AM

I know the post is literally above/below this one right now, but while taking apart the rear end, I discovered my rear sprocket was loose. I posted a couple of videos of it here, just in case you somehow missed it.
http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=19265

Megadan 06-03-2017 04:24 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got her together! Just waiting on the battery to charge fully before hooking it up. Still need to tighten up the rear spokes up, but I am hot and I cant ride it right now anyway. It's miller time...

Megadan 06-03-2017 04:38 PM

A quick word. I was originally going to run the PZ30 carb on the bike, but ended up just putting the VM26 on. Since these carbs are essentially a like for like swap, I don't think there will be any affect on the power for a "stock" dyno run.

The only thing with the Mikuni setup, which I hope doesn't leave me too rich at low speed is that I left the 30 pilot jet in, but swapped the main back to a 110 and left the needle in the middle position. It shouldn't be too rich, but we will have to see.

Also, a point of humor with me during this process. I pulled the stock plug to swap in a Denso unit and decided to check the gap. Stock plug was gapped at a massive .022

BlackBike 06-03-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 258059)
I wish I could take credit for it! My girlfriend is a very artistic person and used to work as a professional photographer at one time. I can snap off one good picture in 50, while she can walk up, take 10 photos, and all 10 are amazing.

Tell her it's chinariders.net approved . Almost 3d like.

Happy birthday:yay: