ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   ATVs (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Vitacci Terminator 300cc 4x4 atv (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=33140)

dugndeep 08-13-2023 08:54 AM

Vitacci Terminator 300cc 4x4 atv

Well I have pulled the string and bought a Vitacci 300 4x4 atv from TXPower sports.Here's the message I got yesterday.

txpowersports.com is fast at work getting your order ready, and we’ll let you know as soon as it ships.
I live close to a CFMoto dealer and went & priced the CFMoto CForce 500 atv.Advertised at $6199,out the door they was saying $7500.Out the door for the CForce 400,$7000.The 400 is advertised at $5199,I didn't really understand the mark-up on the price of the 400 because it doesn't have power steering or come with a winch.,I understand tax & all but.TXPower sports is where I bought my Bull 200 which is still running just like the day I bought it.I just thought it was time for an upgrade so I contacted TXPower sports and bought a Camo hopefully Vitacci/Linhai 300cc 4x4 atv out the door & delivered to my door for $4,325.More coming when it arrives.

dugndeep 08-13-2023 09:16 AM

They had a RPS(Ricky Power Sports) model which is identical to the Vitacci for $100 less,I don't know why it cost less they appear identical.I went to Tractor Supply and looked at a Massimo 450 & 550 atv's,$6500 for the 450 & $6999 for the 550.Their almost identical to what I bought other than the plastics being a little different,maybe,lol.

https://www.tribalmotorsports.com/cd...8534&width=720

https://media.tractorsupply.com/is/i...sm=0.9,1.0,8,0

dugndeep 08-13-2023 09:18 AM

Massimo has independent rear suspension where as the Vitacci has a single shock swing-arm.Camo was my first color choice with black being the second.

https://www.tribalmotorsports.com/cd...8534&width=720

dugndeep 08-13-2023 09:22 AM

Vitacci 300cc supposedly has 22hp to where the Massimo 450 has 25hp.About 80 lbs difference.Vitacci weighs 618 lbs while the Massimo weighs 690 lbs
I hope this purchase goes as smooth as the Bull 200.
Also the Massimo has a rear diff lock as to where the Vitacci don't because it is a solid straight axle.

dugndeep 08-15-2023 11:11 AM

https://quads.ddns.net/service-manua...e%20Manual.pdf

so much info about Linhai atv's on the internet

Mudflap 08-15-2023 01:27 PM

On rough rocky terrain independent suspension makes a huge difference.

dugndeep 08-18-2023 11:13 AM

I thought about getting the 400cc with independent rear suspension,about $1000 more.I hate to say I was going cheap,but I went cheap.Everybody told me I was going to regret buying the Bull 200,best $1667 dollars I ever spent as for useful item to use on my property,I would be lost without one now.I have been looking for maybe an upgrade to make the front diff lockable on the Vitacci when it get's here on Monday,no luck so far.

dugndeep 08-18-2023 11:15 AM

Linhai of China has been manufacturing engines for Yamaha since 1993. In the late 1990’s, they worked with Yamaha to develop new products for Yamaha to build into their product models sold world wide. Yamaha even owns a small percentage of Linhai and keeps their QC and engineering staff on site to assist Linhai in the development of it’s new engines and products. Linhai has learned a lot about product development and building quality products from their dealings with Yamaha. They are now the second most common scooter brand in China behind only CF Moto.

This is from one of Linhai's advertisements and one of the reason I bought the Vitacci.

dugndeep 08-18-2023 11:19 AM

I got a call from TForce shipping or UPS and said it was in Lexington,Ky but if I needed a lift gate I would have to wait till Monday morning so I told them that would be fine,Monday morning between 9 and 12.

dugndeep 08-22-2023 07:52 AM

I got it and sorta got it put together with no instructions.Still trying to figure out how the speedometer and cover go on.Also wondering about the engine oil it arrived with,is it break-in oil or do I need to change it?It come with hand grip covers and a back rest for a passenger,not going to put the hand grip covers on & might put the back rest on later.
We like to have never got it out of the truck,it weighed over 800 lbs with the steel cage and big pallet underneath it.If I hadn't had the tractor to use???It only had a place for a pallet jack on each end,if we could have gotten it on the side,we could have been able to move it around better.We hooked a chain to it and I used the tractor to drag it out onto the lift gate,then he lowered the lift gate down to about a foot off the ground & I held the brakes on the tractor and the driver pulled the truck forward and we dragged it off the lift gate.No damage to atv after taking off the tarp covering the steel cage.I looked it over good before I signed the bill of laden paper.

dugndeep 08-22-2023 08:00 AM

I reckon I'm going to go ahead and change the oil.Wish I had some genuine break-in oil with high zinc content.I don't but I do got a gallon of Rotella 15W/40 conventional oil.I was hoping the owner's manual would be more specific to this one model but it's not.It covers 5 or 6 different models but that's okay.
I've been looking at other Linhai models manuals trying to find info on the oil.All I can find is this,
7. Break in oil and filter. Change at 20 hours or 500 miles/800km.

dugndeep 08-22-2023 09:26 AM

For the God in me,I do not understand,how you can design an atv with a skid plate and not have say, a 3" hole directly under the oil drain plug & not have to use an extension with a swivel just to get the oil drain plug out then,I'm not done with my rant,have the oil just run out all over said skid plate with no way to get something under or in there like a funnel or something to catch the oil.I'm going to have to make something but I'm in a big hurry this morning to get the oil changed and get started on the break-in process.Suppose to be 110-115 degree's today temperature wise after factoring in the humidity,I bet I lost ten pounds in sweat yesterday trying to put this thing together.

JerryHawk250 08-22-2023 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dugndeep (Post 398918)
For the God in me,I do not understand,how you can design an atv with a skid plate and not have say, a 3" hole directly under the oil drain plug & not have to use an extension with a swivel just to get the oil drain plug out then,I'm not done with my rant,have the oil just run out all over said skid plate with no way to get something under or in there like a funnel or something to catch the oil.I'm going to have to make something but I'm in a big hurry this morning to get the oil changed and get started on the break-in process.Suppose to be 110-115 degree's today temperature wise after factoring in the humidity,I bet I lost ten pounds in sweat yesterday trying to put this thing together.

Looks like you need to modify the skid plate for the next time you change the oil. I was looking at getting the same ATV.

dugndeep 08-23-2023 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 398919)
Looks like you need to modify the skid plate for the next time you change the oil. I was looking at getting the same ATV.

I did,I got a 2-1/2" hole saw and drilled a hole dead center of the drain plug on the skid plate,I still like to have never got the drain plug screwed back in.It's like a GY6 engine with the spring and the screen filter,you have to compress the spring to get the drain plug to start screwing in,in a confined space.

dugndeep 08-23-2023 08:06 AM

It rides like a Cadillac.I got a hill here,if it's a little wet plus the back tires on the Bull 200 are getting a little worn down,you ain't going to make it up and will have to try to back down backwards.Not on the Terminator,just stop,put in low range,hit the 4WD button on the right handlebar,it's like a 4x4 truck in low range 4WD,you can almost idle up the hill.This thing is like a tank.I love it compared to the Bull 200.

dugndeep 08-23-2023 08:11 AM

I had to remove the reverse back-up alarm,I don't need to let this end of the county know I'm backing up.

dugndeep 08-23-2023 08:20 AM

$4325 delivered to my house on a big box truck with lift gate.I don't think you could do any better or cheaper for a quality 4WD atv.I was planning on getting the CFMoto 500.$7500 dollar price tag but it did come with EPS(electronic power steering) plus a front diff locker.I don't know if power steering and a lockable front diff are worth $3175 more dollars.

dugndeep 08-23-2023 08:33 AM

Another thing,battery hold down strap needs square buckle like ends on it,not "S" hooks like it has.Might have to buy another just to get the ends off it.Same square post on top & bottom of the battery box.
It come with a good 20 amp battery. YTX20-BS

dugndeep 08-23-2023 10:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Some pics:

dugndeep 08-23-2023 11:15 AM

It has a back rest for a passenger to lean their back on,don't know if I'm going to put that on there.

dugndeep 08-24-2023 07:19 AM

I've only rode on 2 other name brand four wheelers,my 2 buddies with one having a Honda 300 four trax & my other buddy and his Yamaha big bear 400,both being just 2 wheel drive.This thing rides like a Cadillac compared to those two,might be the weight where the Terminator is so much heavier.

dugndeep 08-24-2023 07:21 AM

Brakes still not grabbing like it wish they would,manual says you have to wear the brake pads in or get the glaze off them or something.
Another thing,you almost need a thin walled socket for the lug nuts.On the back wheels, an actual lug nut but on the front you have a flanged nut and you have to have a socket that can go into the recess on the rim where the studs are.

dugndeep 08-24-2023 07:29 AM

I ordered 2 battery straps off Amazon for $9 free/shipping.Probably cheap Chinese rubber,bought mainly for the ends.

dugndeep 08-25-2023 08:35 AM

Also order a green aluminum gas cap vent,so much easier than dealing with a long vent hose.
https://i5.walmartimages.com/seo/Bla...2&odnBg=FFFFFF

dugndeep 08-25-2023 08:38 AM

There's a top cover that goes on the top of the battery also,don't have it on there yet.I wish it was more of an enclosed battery box being mud and water will get to the battery specially right there in the back left wheel well.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...70_FMwebp_.jpg

dugndeep 08-30-2023 10:01 AM

Only trouble I'm having with it right now is screws vibrating loose.I've lost one of the big mushroom head army green panel body screws plus a M6 30mm button head screw.Getting ready to remedy that,I've ordered a 100 pack of M6-1.0 lock nuts,plus an assortment of M6 button head black oxide cap screws.I'm also going back with EPDM washers for the body panel screws.A washer with neoprene rubber on one side.

dugndeep 08-30-2023 10:10 AM

It's a beast compared to the Bull 200,finding a lot of places I go thru the trees with the Bull I can't go with the Terminator.Just to wide,getting ready to break out the chain saw I reckon.

dugndeep 09-06-2023 10:02 AM

If you get this thing stuck,your definitely going to have to use the winch,I can pick up the back end a little but not the front end,too heavy.Thing is that weight helps traction,I don't think I have spun a tire.Still haven't rode it enough to see about the gas mileage.I only run non-alcohol in everything except my riding mower but I do use non-alcohol in it on the last yard mowing of the year,that way it sits all winter with non-alcohol gas in it or what little if any is left in there.

dugndeep 09-06-2023 10:51 AM

One of my pet peeve's with this atv is the braking system.The hand brake on the left side of the handlebar is the main braking system,the right foot brake only controls the right rear wheel.The foot brake will not stop the atv,it's barely able to hold it.The european model is different,right foot control is the main braking system while the hand brake is for the left rear wheel.Image is the European model.On the American model,foot lever only controls right rear wheel.https://krakowparts.com/image/cache/...-1400x1400.jpg

dugndeep 09-06-2023 10:56 AM

I think on the european models they only have the one left rear brake to where the US model has 2 rear disc brakes but only the right one is controlled by the foot pedal.

dugndeep 09-10-2023 08:15 AM

I've been looking at all these other places that sells this model and TxPower sports is the cheapest.To me,if this atv keeps running and no big problems arise,to me,this atv is the best value going.$4325 delivered from Texas Power Sports.I went to start the Bull 200 up and charge the battery a little,maybe ride it around some,seems like a toy or a childs atv after riding this one.
This thing is a beast in low 4x4 mode,just hang on and hope there is no trees to run into.I have been lucky and not run into a tree or a rock ledge so far.
I was dead set on getting a CFMoto C-Force 500,done drove over there & talk to them about it.$7500 & I come & get it.I was going to get a black one,camouflage was like $500 more.I was hoping they would give me a deal on a 2023 model being the 2024 models were soon to be there,I was wrong I reckon.
I'm extremely happy with my purchase so far.
My only regret,maybe I should have got the 400cc to get the independent rear suspension?Is it worth a $1000 more dollars?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yl-hiGh2Ho
I would like to have the plastic covers that go over the luggage racks though.

dugndeep 09-17-2023 10:33 AM

If I was going to get one I would order it now,it's still $4199 at TxPowerSports with no sales tax unless you live in Texas.I went ahead and bought the shipping insurance for $125 just to be sure it was covered if it did arrive tore up.With the shipping insurance it come to $4324 delivered to my house.I'm hearing with the 2024 models the price is going to go up on 4-wheelers & such.That's why I went to the CFMoto dealership thinking they would give me a good deal on a 2023 model being they are going to have 2024 models coming in.The CFMoto Cforce 500 for $7500 out the door probably is a good price,just more than I was willing to pay.I'm happy with my purchase.I let my nephew ride it and he couldn't get over how much more power it has over the Bull 200.Plus I got the throttle limiter screw screwed a long ways in so your nowhere near full throttle or half throttle for that matter.

dugndeep 09-17-2023 10:38 AM

I want those plastic rack covers but you probably have to buy the rack to get those.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGm1xXUO4Wg

dugndeep 11-09-2023 11:04 AM

I got 16 hours on a 20 hour break-in period and looking for an alternative oil to use in the winter compared to the the 15W40. The 15W40 conventional seems a little heavy for below freezing temperatures.I reckon I can go synthetic now that I am this close to the 20 hour break-in period.

dugndeep 11-09-2023 11:19 AM

The only problem I have had with this atv was the spark plug.Went to get on it one morning and it wouldn't start.It's was an NGK spark plug.It's a different plug than what the Bull 200 uses so I had to make a trip to town to get one.I got another NGK plug but also got a Champion which I put in there and it started right up.I'm running the Champion plug just to see if there is any difference in longevity.It seems to be comparable,it was a lot cheaper.

dugndeep 11-10-2023 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dugndeep (Post 401434)
I got 16 hours on a 20 hour break-in period and looking for an alternative oil to use in the winter compared to the the 15W40. The 15W40 conventional seems a little heavy for below freezing temperatures.I reckon I can go synthetic now that I am this close to the 20 hour break-in period.

I'll just go back with 15W40,I've seen a lot of charts about oil viscosity vs temperature.I could go to 10W30 for winter time but ......idk I'll just have to see what's available at what I can afford.Probably not going to be doing a lot of below zero riding anyway.

https://synthetic-oildepot.com/wp-co...de_Temps-2.jpg

dugndeep 11-10-2023 11:44 AM

Just seen Walmart has
Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 15W-40 Diesel Engine Oil, 1 Gallon

for $25

buzz 11-19-2023 06:37 PM

Hello never liked NGK plugs,always had good luck with champions

dugndeep 12-16-2023 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzz (Post 401877)
Hello never liked NGK plugs,always had good luck with champions

The more I have them just quit firing for unknown reasons the more I don't like them either.

dugndeep 12-16-2023 09:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have been using the winch a little just putting tension on dead trees so I can cut them down,I don't like how it unspools on the spool as soon as you release tensions.Then you have to pull all of cable out and wind the cable back on there.Aggravating.I'm glad it does have the wireless remote winch controller.I went ahead and got a 1/4" 12 strand red winch rope(8000 lbs) to exchange for the steel cable.There's nothing wrong with the steel cable,works fine but I just don't like having to unspool all of it just to get it all back on there.As soon as I release tension it,it's like a baitcasting fishing reel,if you don't hold tension on the spool it wants to unravel & then you have to unspool it all or you won't get it all back on there.Also ordered a cheap 4-7/8" Hawse fairlead to go with the winch rope.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/W/...70_FMwebp_.jpg