ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Zongshen parts direct from China (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21192)

NzBrakelathes 05-07-2018 08:24 PM

Zongshen parts direct from China

Hi everyone!
I am from NZ and live in China, I had 2 RX3s and an RZ3 in the past.
Seeing as I am a mechanic and live in China I repair n sell the odd bike here in Chengdu and now I am looking at sending parts worldwide.
Check out a few things like Big front brake, ABS& 300cc kits
I will do a PROMO on the RTC 300cc kit at USD$200 with DHL till the end of this month
Clutch complete I will do USD$175 includes DHL
Paypal happily taken and I have Skype takovanrotterdam
Email/Paypal tako@nzbrakelathes.com
I have 2 300cc kits orderd from the factory and expect them real soon and ready to ship!

Weldangrind 05-08-2018 11:52 AM

Thanks for starting a thread on this.

Juanro 05-08-2018 12:11 PM

Is that clutch some kind of upgrade of the noisy original? Or just a replacement if worn?
Also, I would like to see picture of the floating disc with the original caliper, if possible.
Do you ship to Argentina? Estimated cost?
Thanks,
Juanro

NzBrakelathes 05-08-2018 08:22 PM

The clutch is a normal stock replacement - Nothing upgraded sadly
But here is a better pic of the disc which can either run the stock caliper or a 4 pot caliper

NzBrakelathes 05-08-2018 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juanro (Post 279524)
Is that clutch some kind of upgrade of the noisy original? Or just a replacement if worn?
Also, I would like to see picture of the floating disc with the original caliper, if possible.
Thanks,
Juanro

Hi I would need to double check Argentina but I would assume not much more - DHL should get to you etc?
I'm keen to get parts sold and not gore you on shipping so I am going to say $200 to $225 ($25 extra shipping maybe?)
I do not play the gamne of fees extra costs n Blah blah - I try and just give 1 tidy price all up (excluding your countries import tax).

NzBrakelathes 05-08-2018 08:28 PM

Also please ask or let me know what kinda stuff people commonly want need? It helps me to focus on members needs etc.
Also if you buy a big item I suggest adding in some small stuff seeing shipping really does not change ( each big item I will give a small things free like a filter any one of the 5 in that bike/engine)

NzBrakelathes 05-10-2018 09:05 AM

Nc250 300cc to Argentina

Hi mate - I got the shipping price for the kit to Argintena, it is double the cost as to the USA.
300cc Kit to Argentina is going to cost USD$245 includes UPS or FedEx
There is a slower service UPS blue or something and that is USD$15 cheaper if that helps you out etc.
It takes me a few days to get a kit and ready to ship to ypu etc, free oil filer or small gift 13 theeth front sprocket which I currently have in stock.
Let me know mate n I will get it sorted for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juanro (Post 279524)
Thanks,
Juanro

NzBrakelathes 05-10-2018 09:07 AM

More funcky stuff

Here for dressing up the NC250 after you do the monster 300cc upgrade

NoVa Rider 05-14-2018 05:49 AM

What would be cost to US for the large brake rotor and bracket without the new caliper? And just for informational purposes, what would be the cost with the upgraded caliper? Thanks!

NzBrakelathes 05-17-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoVa Rider (Post 279962)
What would be cost to US for the large brake rotor and bracket without the new caliper? And just for informational purposes, what would be the cost with the upgraded caliper? Thanks!

Hi
I am a little unsure as to the weight of the set up etc. I will estimate but can't promise I am correct.
Shipping to the USA 2.49KG $45
Rotor caliper and mounting bracket then the correct master cylinder $200ish or so. I would assume $250 to maybe $300 all up

NzBrakelathes 05-17-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoVa Rider (Post 279962)

Shit I am terrible early in the morning!
You want big rotor and the mount for stock caliper right? man I gotta drink more coffee.
$125 with shipping should cover that ( 1st one I will eat my words and profit till I work out the real cost) If I am wrong its my issue you just pay that no bull no more no nonsense.
I do not have this in stock - I am not sure if I want to stock much as sales are slow etc so I am happy to work with guys n do stuff a it cheaper as a test run etc.

sqwert 05-18-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes (Post 280325)
... man I gotta drink more coffee.

Well, now I know why 30 felt right. I'm buying. :hi:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes (Post 280325)
... If I am wrong its my issue you just pay that no bull no more no nonsense. ...

NZ and I are in the middle of a deal right now. So far speed of service and response has been excellent. Therefore, I think NZ means what he promises. And, in Engrish! :clap: :thanks:

NoVa Rider 05-27-2018 11:22 AM

I am also working with NZ for a large brake rotor kit shipped to the US. NZ has been responsive and I am standing by to see what shows up in my mail and when. I'll post results when I get a delivery.

NzBrakelathes 05-28-2018 03:34 AM

Update

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoVa Rider (Post 281314)
I am also working with NZ for a large brake rotor kit shipped to the US. NZ has been responsive and I am standing by to see what shows up in my mail and when. I'll post results when I get a delivery.

It is in HK - I think end of the week you should have it if not before

NzBrakelathes 05-28-2018 09:43 AM

Bought my R&D bike

I just got this RX3 i will be using it to test fit stuff I find etc R&D more or less

humanbeing 05-28-2018 04:43 PM

不要藐视叔,叔也出过书
Don't despise me (叔 uncle ie. older guy) & we written books (had more knowledge than low-life ie. U) :)

sqwert 05-28-2018 10:46 PM

Got back in town last night late, picked up the 300cc kit and took a look at it this morning. Nicely packaged to prevent shipping damage. All 8 corners of the shipping box were crushed, but not a mark on the inner box with the padding to keep the parts secure. Nice work!

I don't even know what all the extra pieces are for. The head and base gaskets come with the kit, but NZ included what looks like a complete top end gasket and seal set. I feel so spoiled. I'm due a bit of vacation on 31 May so about then I'll start the install.

I expect the bore kit with maybe a couple teeth on a new rear wheel sprocket will eliminate any craving for a 450. 250cc is fast enough for me and then some, just want more torque when loaded for a trip. 300cc should do that.

Thinking about buying another RX3 and doing some measurement on a complete teardown to see if there is room for a stroker crank. Need to get a few 300s thumping around to test durability of the rest of the driveline before spending a ton on stroker development. The 250 high rpm powerband feels like the head, cam EFI, and exhaust can provide good performance for a 350cc ADV bike stock. Won't rev like a crotch rocket, but the powerband will probably begin at idle and go steady up to 8500 to 8700rpm.

Then, there's always porting, polishing, port matching, maybe bigger valves will fit, less restrictive air filtration, and a custom exhaust. I have a potential source for cams, too. Those mods will compromise a bit of the bottom end, but if properly tuned and the ancillaries will hold up, I expect knocking on 40hp and still comfortably streetable.

Been a while since I tweeked a new engine. Always a fun project.

NoVa Rider 05-30-2018 06:41 AM

The large brake rotor kit arrived yesterday (May 29) at my home in Virginia. I had sent NZ payment via Paypal on May 21. So I am very impressed with NZ's responsiveness and with the shipping time from Chengdu. BTW I got the kit that uses the stock RX3 caliper.

It may be a few days before I can try mounting the rotor on my RX3. But I do note that the kit uses a floating rotor style, with approximately 12.5 inch diameter. In comparison, the kit that CSC sells appears to use a non-floating rotor with an 11.5 inch diameter. So the kit NZ sourced uses a heavier, larger diameter rotor. The bracket in NZ's kit is pretty simple and a bit clunky looking, whereas a friend commented to me that the CSC kit included a nicely machined bracket. NZ included bolts for the mounting in his kit, but the CSC kit also includes new brake pads which NZ does not. I am not sure if the new brake pads in the CSC kit may be matched to the wider diameter of the rotor, or if they are just replacement pads for the stock caliper.

Presuming I have no mounting issues, NZ's kit should be a big improvement over the stock brakes. It's less than half the cost of CSC's kit including shipping. But the CSC kit would be a lighter option and may be more refined.

Further comments once I mount the kit.

Thanks to NZ for giving us this option.

NzBrakelathes 05-30-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoVa Rider (Post 281675)
The large brake rotor kit arrived yesterday (May 29) at my home in Virginia. I had sent NZ payment via Paypal on May 21. So I am very impressed with NZ's responsiveness and with the shipping time from Chengdu. BTW I got the kit that uses the stock RX3 caliper.

It may be a few days before I can try mounting the rotor on my RX3. But I do note that the kit uses a floating rotor style, with approximately 12.5 inch diameter. In comparison, the kit that CSC sells appears to use a non-floating rotor with an 11.5 inch diameter. So the kit NZ sourced uses a heavier, larger diameter rotor. The bracket in NZ's kit is pretty simple and a bit clunky looking, whereas a friend commented to me that the CSC kit included a nicely machined bracket. NZ included bolts for the mounting in his kit, but the CSC kit also includes new brake pads which NZ does not. I am not sure if the new brake pads in the CSC kit may be matched to the wider diameter of the rotor, or if they are just replacement pads for the stock caliper.

Presuming I have no mounting issues, NZ's kit should be a big improvement over the stock brakes. It's less than half the cost of CSC's kit including shipping. But the CSC kit would be a lighter option and may be more refined.

Further comments once I mount the kit.

Thanks to NZ for giving us this option.

Welcome!
Yes I think the kit could or should improve - but at that moment I had no actual bike to test on, I had not yet seen the actual kit hence I offered at a stupid low price for you to test etc.
I think I will just offer a 4 pot version, NOW that I have an RX3 AGAIN I can look at things test things photo things and ask opinions on things so kits etc etc can be more to how most would like it to be (Priced according to the extra's etc)
I need to redo my bikes front end but the seller has such complex and confusing options I and my wife cannot work out what to actually order (SAD)
I might buy 1 of each option and work thru that to just work out what would work best mechanical price point with shipping etc.
Maybe Option A B or C etc or just drop the simple cheaper and only sell the better (Remember freight to the USA is the same on cheaper or expensive parts) The rotors for all options are the same, then either stock caliper, 4 pot caliper (3 options and master cylinder ( I think 3-5 options)
VERY confusing!

NzBrakelathes 06-03-2018 03:07 AM

RX3 320mm Front Brake 4 4 piston caliper

1 Attachment(s)
So I am now on the front brake upgrade - few photos to show the situation and ease/complexity of fitting it al etc (not that hard but had to tidy a couple things up)
Here's the end result:

NzBrakelathes 06-03-2018 03:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
God surface contact etc - not high or low

NzBrakelathes 06-03-2018 03:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As you can see it needs bedding in still, bike is not yet ready to ride, pads are not cintered bronze or copper etc but looking at the diameter increase and surface increase I doubt any more is needed (No use to lock the front wheel!)

NzBrakelathes 06-03-2018 03:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the bracket is flat Ali - thickness around 10mm (Damn forgot to measure that!)
Issue I had tho was the caliper bolts in the bracket to attach the caliper were maybe 0.2mm out and too far apart so a rats file on both holes to bring them just that little closer together (Really need to talk to that supplier as it should just fit directly but..... This is China and if it can be solved by the fitter then they may not care)

The caliper bolts are nice but about 4-5mm too long which does not harm anything tho.
The other bolts where caliper use to go and now mounts the bracket would look better if they were flange bolts rather then the ugly plain Jane style they are ( I am going to buy new bits to improve the kits) Something like a 4kg box tho! all that is not light

NzBrakelathes 06-03-2018 03:23 AM

Master cylinder

3 Attachment(s)
As you can see a nice master cylinder, commonly used on like motard bikes ( It is a branded unit, not a world famous brand tho)
It has a neat wee remote reservoir and the mirror act ask the mounting bolt for the bracket.
Note this M/C does not have a place for the brake light switch but I bought a pressure switch which I need to change the wires on to directly plug into the old pair of terminal and as tidy as possible without cutting original loom area.
The stock hose was hosed and it was 90 degrees to the master and now it's underneath so a wee twist around was fine. (Making or doing things with hoses complicates regulations etc, its fine how it is or suggest a better solution)

sqwert 06-03-2018 02:08 PM

Reminds me of me when I was young and not so bright. First SOHC Cb750 bored and stroked to 836cc with Mikunis and Denco top end and pipes I ever saw with triple discs and 5.10-16 tires to take advantage of the stopping ability. FUN! FUN! Stop on a dime, toss you over the bars to pick up the 9 pennies off the ground. No fade when stopping from 172mph/277kph, over and over. Best way to pass Kawasaki triples and Yamaha fours in the olden days was to out brake them.

NoVa Rider 06-03-2018 08:59 PM

Large brake rotor kit

This is a follow up post on the large brake rotor kit I got from Nz. I noted earlier that his shipping was prompt. Unfortunately the large brake rotor and bracket combination did not work the the stock caliper.

Once I let Nz know that the rotor and mount he shipped did not work on my bike, he refunded my payment with no further questions. I think he is trying hard to get his venture to work out and I wish him the best. If I needed other RX3 parts at this point I would work with him again.

NzBrakelathes 06-03-2018 09:41 PM

Local dealers RX line up

1 Attachment(s)
Rx1 rx3srx3

NzBrakelathes 06-03-2018 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoVa Rider (Post 282271)
This is a follow up post on the large brake rotor kit I got from Nz. I noted earlier that his shipping was prompt. Unfortunately the large brake rotor and bracket combination did not work the the stock caliper.

Once I let Nz know that the rotor and mount he shipped did not work on my bike, he refunded my payment with no further questions. I think he is trying hard to get his venture to work out and I wish him the best. If I needed other RX3 parts at this point I would work with him again.

Cher’s mate
Now that I have an RX3 I can test fit and R&D so to avoid issues and so in

Paeksukis 06-05-2018 05:49 PM

Hai NzBrakelathes, I'm from Malaysia and I'm currently using the carb version of the bike. I've done a lot of reading about the 300cc kit and I'm interested in buying and testing it. How much is the cost for 1 kit shipped to Malaysia? Is it still on promo?

NzBrakelathes 06-05-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paeksukis (Post 282443)
Hai NzBrakelathes, I'm from Malaysia and I'm currently using the carb version of the bike. I've done a lot of reading about the 300cc kit and I'm interested in buying and testing it. How much is the cost for 1 kit shipped to Malaysia? Is it still on promo?

Hello hi greetings from China! But I am from New Zealand tho so relax.
it's $250 ith extras to the USA ($45 of that is shipping) So $205 plus shipping to anywhere you might be if DHL or UPS reaches you etc.
I have added in a bunch of small parts that you might need just incase so it is more then just the factory kit.
I will gladly send you a set etc just PM me

NzBrakelathes 06-06-2018 11:22 PM

a small improvement it seems

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a wee extra long clutch lever at the gearbox, this is a cheaper version as the bracket is plain simple but there is a nicer bracket able to be bought.
It makes grabbing the clutch just lighter and fits the NC250 engine with stock cable etc regardless of the model of bike.
as you can see it just moves the leverage outward a half inch or so

NzBrakelathes 06-07-2018 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I can source most any parts from China many bikes and engine parts - GUYS do ask huh and yes Paypal and worldwide UPS or DHL etc as well as postal service for the smaller packages

NzBrakelathes 06-07-2018 10:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Transformer headlamp in action

NzBrakelathes 06-08-2018 10:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a USD$29.95 upgrade to make the clutch much lighter to operate
This I think is the option for export.
Shipping alone is $17.50 tho but can easily combine with other orders or send a bunch to the USA and separate then ship when they are in the USA.
it is a better mounted version with the bracket then the earlier stamped bracket and bolt

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303025915225

NzBrakelathes 06-17-2018 03:30 AM

I have a friend from Utah living near me in Chengdu and he is going to be back in Utah for summer.
He is OK with taking parts to the USA and posting while he is there etc so DO let me know.
I am looking at adding in a 7 filter pack for USD$49.95
6 paper oil filters, 1 small mesh style oil filter and Air filter or Fuel filter or Mesh large oil filter and extra sump plug washers and O rings postage included etc etc

Is this set god enough to sway people to purchase? or do you have another idea how something like this could be sold at a tidy and neat price?
Let me know

sqwert 06-17-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes (Post 283680)
I have a friend from Utah living near me in Chengdu and he is going to be back in Utah for summer.
He is OK with taking parts to the USA and posting while he is there etc so DO let me know.
I am looking at adding in a 7 filter pack for USD$49.95
6 paper oil filters, 1 small mesh style oil filter and Air filter or Fuel filter or Mesh large oil filter and extra sump plug washers and O rings postage included etc etc

Is this set god enough to sway people to purchase? or do you have another idea how something like this could be sold at a tidy and neat price?
Let me know

Many folks love package deals that include all the necessary bits and pieces. We've addressed that before. Some prefer the fluffy filters, some prefer screens that can be cleaned and reused. I think you'll need kits with bits featuring both filter types. Which is better? BOTH!

If I was setting up such options for web sales I'd allow each customer to select kit components. A simple checklist typing in the number wanted for each item will do. Your pay comes through PayPal so is in your account before you even have the order, so investing in a good stock is mandatory to maintain excellent service. Your computer prints off all paperwork including a packing list with every item and quantity for that particular order. This is how I do t-shirts and no 2 orders are ever alike, but it is easy to simply follow the customers' inputs carefully and never a mistake.

The benefit is you meet the customers' wants exactly, every time, with consistent volume discounts. You can list lots of options sometimes needed, such as gaskets O-rings, seals, and hardware, because sometimes customers need such gidgets, sometimes they don't, but you have them just in case, and so little additional hassle for you saves so much additional hassle for the customers. You'll still profit from the additional hassle, so you are not sacrificing to provide such top notch customer service. It's a good investment.

NzBrakelathes 07-06-2018 01:55 AM

Hope to give all members a nice deal!

1 Attachment(s)
I have a mate going to Utah in about a week - I can get filter pretty cheap and give them to him.
few basic rules:
He will collect the US$ and he gives me Chinese money.
Filter price plus flat rate shipping box seems best? Or your ideas?
I suggest a min of 3 filter (Can give sump plug washer and filter cap O ring free per 3 sold)
Guys suggestions and YES I will do a nice price to quantity deal etc.
I am offering/asking your ideas and see if I can make it tidy for you while I also make a quick buck without screwing anyone.

NzBrakelathes 07-06-2018 02:44 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I tore down this 1 filter - well made and only difference I see from a couple other I got from Zongshen was the paper glued together (Took a fair pull to get it apart)

Attachment 13588

Attachment 13589

Attachment 13590

Attachment 13591

The others from Zongshen have a metal clip along the seam.

Juanro 07-06-2018 07:51 AM

Hi,

Can you help me to get this ítem?
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=546161523938
That vendor seems to be out of stock for the complete system
This is the original maker of the EFI:
http://www.chinaefi.com/

If you can find a source for this, please quote a Price and I'm sure we can get through.

Thanks,
Juanro

NzBrakelathes 07-06-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juanro (Post 285366)
Hi,

Can you help me to get this ítem?
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=546161523938
That vendor seems to be out of stock for the complete system
This is the original maker of the EFI:
http://www.chinaefi.com/

If you can find a source for this, please quote a Price and I'm sure we can get through.

Thanks,
Juanro

I ill see what I can do - but I hear Pitster is having some tune issues and no one know how to tune it (I heard from a source but.....)