ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   New Family Member (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=29506)

cheesy 08-15-2021 08:49 AM

New Family Member

Meet Anna, our new grand puppy.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a549484d_z.jpg

8 weeks old. Supposedly lab, beagle, and shepherd mix. Has puppy breath and needles for teeth.

Sport Rider 08-15-2021 09:21 AM

that's great....one you can spoil and send home! :D

2LZ 08-15-2021 11:35 AM

Oh man.... Just went thru that. If you're on blood thinners, your hands and arms will never recover. Those aren't needles, they're shards of glass. I do miss the puppy breath, though.

Megadan 08-20-2021 07:39 PM

Puppies are my one true weakness. I am a suckered for pooches. What a cutie!

cheesy 08-22-2021 09:06 PM

We spent some time with the Demon of Darkness yesterday. What a hoot. We think she has made Owen HER pet. There's a battle between the two on who is going to be the Alpha Runt. The pup may be winning.

cheesy 08-24-2021 04:43 PM

Apparently, the Demon of Darkness was scared of ants walking across the patio yesterday.

cheesy 02-17-2022 07:38 AM

The Demon of Darkness is getting a cousin. Though I have no pics, Buster, a mutt, is moving in with Mrs. C and I this weekend. He is, unfortunately, a cast off from a nasty divorce of one of my son in laws coworkers. The wife didn’t want him and the husband can’t take him with where he’s going. So, we are taking him in.

I kind of wanted to wait until after I retired to get another dog, but…

cheesy 02-21-2022 09:35 AM

So far, no pooch and no communication with the owner(s). Starting to feel like another repeat of the Fiat124 fiasco.

cheesy 02-22-2022 08:42 PM

Well, Buster is here.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...e5d2b2f8_z.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...86570f0f_z.jpg

He's a bit stressed at the moment but Mrs. C and I have been slobbered on quite a bit.

Bruces 02-22-2022 08:45 PM

Looks like a lot of fun to come .

cheesy 02-24-2022 09:36 AM

Buster has started to relax.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...751a16cd_z.jpg

We couldn't get him to even look at that bed his first night here, now he spends his work day in it. Haven't heard him bark yet, but he did let out a growl when I walked into the house after coming in from running an errand. I got the knee breaking tail wag a second later, so he is taking on the roll of protector of Moms' house.

He stays off the furniture, which is not a rule in our house. He won't go into the kitchen, which will be a problem because the back door to where his run will be is accessed through the kitchen.

I've found that I will be walking more just taking him outside for his multiple daily pee breaks. We will need to spend some time on his leash manners. He hasn't popped my shoulder out of joint, yet, but at 60+ pounds, the possibility is there. So far, though, things are falling into place.

buzz 02-24-2022 01:39 PM

Cheesy your a good guy. Thanks nice looking dog ,best of luck.

cheesy 03-02-2022 05:47 PM

I’ve been traveling this week (whodaguessedit). Reports from the home front are that Buster is spending a lot of time lying down by the front door, waiting for me to come home.

cheesy 03-04-2022 07:49 AM

Those who are old enough, know what I mean when I say I got 'Dinoed' when I walked in the door last night.

Michigan Sportsman 03-04-2022 01:00 PM

You ran on a treadmill that measured your horsepower? :tup:
Bam Bam!

Bruces 03-04-2022 01:26 PM

Yabadabadoo ! Are you Fred or Barney at your house Cheesy ?

2LZ 03-04-2022 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruces (Post 373407)
Yabadabadoo ! Are you Fred or Barney at your house Cheesy ?

I'd guess Mr Slate.

cheesy 03-04-2022 02:22 PM

I'm in charge but Wilma says what goes.

cheesy 03-06-2022 02:16 PM

Bleah! Just got a Nasal/Lower Eyeball cleaning via a large wet tongue. Not as glamorous as it sounds.
Used to get those once in awhile from Trevor and Dasher but they were small mutts with small tongues. I said 'Bleah!' then, too.

Buster has taken to riding in the back of the Wrangler. He hops in, does his wind up, then lays down. He hasn't managed to get his overweight and outta shape butt into the cab of the Chevy yet. Last vet report we have for him is 64 lbs, he should be around 55. So some work to do there. He gets walked several times a day with one of around a mile. He takes a long nap after that one. Snores, too.

cheesy 03-10-2022 03:01 PM

It's been over two weeks now and Buster has settled in well. He taken to protecting us from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Amazon. He actually plays 'fetch' with a ball, something none of our other dogs ever did. Right now, he's snoozing on the carpet by a living room window.

buzz 03-10-2022 10:08 PM

Nice sounds like a great dog,you so lucky!

2LZ 03-11-2022 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 373671)
He actually plays 'fetch' with a ball, something none of our other dogs ever did.

Spot is a fetch junkie. Weird thing is, she's not a retriever but a stalking dog. Meaning, I can't hit the ball and she chases after it. I have to let her run her route, then she'll post behind something and hide, waiting for the ball to come by so she can attack it. Weird unit, for sure. Heelers are nutty.

cheesy 03-14-2022 07:05 AM

We must have worn him out yesterday. Usually when I come downstairs in the AM for that first cuppa, he's up and bouncing around wanting to outside.

This morning, he's still in his bed after opening one eye and giving me the 'go away' look.

cheesy 03-18-2022 07:47 AM

It looks like Buster has officially adopted us. I came downstairs to make coffee and he was sprawled out on the couch. I strolled over, scratched his ears, and went into the kitchen to make my coffee. I come back with my coffee and he's back in his bed. So, in Busters' mind, it's okay for him to be on the couch when no one is watching.

cheesy 03-21-2022 09:45 AM

Buster has a frisbee game. I have the frisbee and you can't have it.

cheesy 04-02-2022 10:31 AM

We had Buster and Anna together yesterday. Buster tried several times to do his Alpha dog humping thing to Anna. She'd finally had enough and set Buster down on his ass. Hard. She actually had him pinned down by his throat.

After that little episode, Buster realized he ain't gonna be top dog. His behavior changed and they were best buds, chasing each other around the yard and 'rastlin'. 10 months versus 7 years. She wore him out.

cheesy 04-09-2022 10:05 AM

As Buster settles in more and more, I have more and more dog slobber on my glasses. He has figured out that, yes, he is allowed on the couch. Part of his work day is spent there, part of it in his own bed, and part of it on the carpet, supposedly watching out the window for danger but I hear an awful lot of snoring.

He has a new game where when it's time for bed, he follows us upstairs and waits until PJs are donned. Then I follow him back downstairs where he jumps up on the couch and lays down. I have to drop a throw on him and scratch his ears. Then he licks my face. Mrs. C calls it tucking him in.

In the mornings, I'm the first one up and he's moved to either mine or Mrs. Cs spot on the couch. I tell him it's time to go outside. I get the evil eye and a huff. Then he goes back to sleep. Mrs. C starts shuffling upstairs and he's wide awake, waiting for her to come down and let him out.

cheesy 04-09-2022 08:21 PM

Busters' Frisbee with custom speed holes.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...acc6a1c7_z.jpg

cheesy 10-10-2022 12:03 PM

An experiment with Buster is happening tomorrow. We are taking him camping in Wisconsin. Just a 2 night midweek jaunt to see how he does in the pop up.

Tells ya, I'm going to need that rest after the fiasco of making the reservations with Mrs.C for this little outing, along with booking flights to Maine yesterday. I can book a reservation, anywhere, anytime, in less than five minutes. Mrs. C has to make a production of it.

"What are the reviews?"- I don't care.

"What's the on time percentage?'- What? Why the hell are you even looking at that?

"Why can't we do it this way?"-Because our kid moved to Maine and the choices are limited. Jeez.

After 30 minutes of dicking around with booking the flights yesterday, I got a bit PO'd and asked her how many flights she's booked and flown in the last year. Boy, did that piss her off.

"I was just trying to help."- Trust me, you're not.

Kind of the same thing today with booking the campsite.:ohno:

2LZ 10-10-2022 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 385052)
An experiment with Buster is happening tomorrow. We are taking him camping in Wisconsin. Just a 2 night midweek jaunt to see how he does in the pop up.

Tells ya, I'm going to need that rest after the fiasco of making the reservations with Mrs.C for this little outing, along with booking flights to Maine yesterday. I can book a reservation, anywhere, anytime, in less than five minutes. Mrs. C has to make a production of it.

"What are the reviews?"- I don't care.

"What's the on time percentage?'- What? Why the hell are you even looking at that?

"Why can't we do it this way?"-Because our kid moved to Maine and the choices are limited. Jeez.

After 30 minutes of dicking around with booking the flights yesterday, I got a bit PO'd and asked her how many flights she's booked and flown in the last year. Boy, did that piss her off.

"I was just trying to help."- Trust me, you're not.

Kind of the same thing today with booking the campsite.:ohno:

I was fortunate on booking our JAX trip coming up. She was working in her home office and I was able to lean on the "I'll find out what my brother is booking. He flies far more than we do" excuse. Everything went smoothly......this time.

cheesy 10-13-2022 06:40 PM

Buster did alright. I think he did better than us. It was cold, wet, and windy. Buster curled up under a blanket and slept a lot. We shivered until I got the furnace lit and that ran down the battery.

After the last two nights in the pop-up, we are thinking it may be time to admit we may be too old to deal with setting up the pop up and look into a hard side trailer. Something like a Little Guy or an R-Pod teardrop. No rush, but time to consider changing course.

cheesy 10-25-2022 08:19 PM

Buster listening for underground critters.
https://i.imgur.com/TO114mRl.png

He's serious.
https://i.imgur.com/DrTcPHxl.png

And now, for something completely different. A Mayan dual sidecar rig. Wish I could have gotten a better pic of it.
https://i.imgur.com/sAo01IPl.jpg

cheesy 12-01-2022 06:45 AM

Buster snores. Loudly. Sounds like he is deflating.

cheesy 12-01-2022 09:48 AM

And it's his 8th birthday today.:)

2LZ 12-02-2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 387326)
Buster snores. Loudly. Sounds like he is deflating.

I thought Spot was doing the same thing between us, on top of the bed. Then I realized it was Mrs. 2LZ.

cheesy 12-22-2022 08:46 AM

Buster apparently does NOT know the difference between Pupperoni snacks in the kitchen and deer turds in the backyard.:ohno:

JerryHawk250 12-22-2022 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 388394)
Buster apparently does NOT know the difference between Pupperoni snacks in the kitchen and deer turds in the backyard.:ohno:

:lmao:

cheesy 02-24-2023 08:30 AM

It's been a year now. B-dog is a part of the pack and a creature of habit. The back of the Jeep is his preferred conveyance. Mrs. C's Renegade is second, followed by the Chevy. He usually needs some help getting in that back seat. Riding in the backseat of the DeSoto usually means he's getting his own burger so he's an absolute gentleman when back there. He has also appointed himself the Protector of the DeSoto. Get too close to Dads' car and there will be a very deep growl from his throat as a warning. He has zero interest in the sidecar.

If I'm putting my boots on, he's in my face, "Can I go, huh huh, can I?" If I grab his lead, he goes nutso. If I give him a cookie, that means he can't go with. He pouts, but takes the cookie anyway.

He has taken to bringing his food bowl into the living room when it's empty. Just as a reminder. We take him to Sierra Trading every few weeks so he can pick out a new squeaky toy. The staff know him now and they all come by to pet him.

Right now, he's staring a hole through me, wanting me to get dressed and take him for his morning walk in the woods.

2LZ 02-24-2023 01:01 PM

Sounds perfect, cheesy!

cheesy 03-02-2023 08:27 PM

Dogs must have a sense of humor.

I was looking out the front window today. Buster sidled up beside me like he was interested. He farted, then walked away. Pew.