ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Well...this was unexpected... (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21781)

Darkrider 07-18-2018 10:45 PM

Well...this was unexpected...

In a similar vein of thread as Cheesy's Chhhhhchanges thread..it seems i have a situation of my own that could get very interesting over the next month or so. I have been in the security field for almost 11 years now. In fact end of this month marks 11 years since i started working in the field doing mobile work. Anyways...During that time the company i originally started with went bankrupt in 2013 and i started with a different company a month later. Now ironically almost 5 years later to the date things are getting a little iffy with this one. Not due to bankruptcy...far from that considering the company in question is one of the largest if not the largest in canada. No this is from an internal parasitic problem in the form of one of the team members that made the jump to the new company in '13 going full Judas and backstabbing the manager of this office. In short he has been poaching contracts and stealing them left and right, A lot of long term contracts we held even back in the days of the original company. This problem has gotten to the stage they have announced the closure of the office here in the city i live in. This more or less resulted in a "Battlefield" type promotion for me in the process as the manager usually handled the contracts and clients i worked for. With his termination and the closure of the office i am now directly dealing with the above. Things could get extremely interesting in the near future due to which... :wtf::wtf::wtf:

cheesy 07-18-2018 10:50 PM

Should we get some popcorn?

Darkrider 07-18-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 286401)
Should we get some popcorn?

Popcorn and maybe a large crash pad like they use in the movies... because it feels like i have been pushed out of the plane without a working chute! :wtf:>:(

2LZ 07-19-2018 10:26 AM

Well hell.... Keep your head low and flack jacket on.

Darkrider 07-19-2018 04:14 PM

Now that i am seemingly done with computer issues for the moment i can get back into fully explaining things a bit further. Ok a bit more backstory... This individual has attempted to back stab my manager in the original company we worked for. This manager is the father of the current one who is about to leave the current company. He ran the mobile route i ran years ago into the ground losing contracts left and right from it. At the same time stealing other contracts within it for his own sub contractor company. This pattern has been ongoing for the past couple years especially. It just finally came to a head recently with current events.

imapdog 07-19-2018 04:36 PM

Attachment 13667

roundhouse 07-19-2018 09:29 PM

Best of luck to ya. That sounds like a bear of a situation.

ben2go 07-21-2018 11:52 PM

That is so messed up. Bite the hand that feeds you comes to mind.

Darkrider 09-04-2018 11:15 PM

Figure i should probably update on this: Yea it definitely feels like that chute failed. Basically things have gotten completely screwed up now. Former manager is starting with a new company ironically enough in the old office space. Having a bit of a meeting with him sometime this week to set up a plan of attack with my own exit strategy. Now for the fun part... BC head office and hell even a few people in Edmonton office had no idea that the termination of office and position was even happening. In fact it sounds a lot like the one who pulled the plug on both stepped out of bounds in doing so. When you have the owner of the company asking wtf? You know something went way wrong..

cheesy 09-05-2018 07:23 AM

This just got more interesting.

Darkrider 09-05-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 289806)
This just got more interesting.

Even more so after getting a call from one of the head guys from Edmonton to set up a meeting for this morning.. :wtf::wtf:

Bruces 09-05-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkrider (Post 289811)
Even more so after getting a call from one of the head guys from Edmonton to set up a meeting for this morning.. :wtf::wtf:

Wear your helmet !
Good luck today .

kirbo7106 09-05-2018 10:59 AM

Wow! And WTF!

I served with the Marines and learned much! Know the enemy, cover your six, and lay down some psyc ops!

Prime example, I work in surgical services, in the OR. There are a few surgeons that I need to put my boot in their throats, but I realize the hospital would frown on this. Yes, they have a God complex, but I’m still not allowed to arrange the meeting! 🙁 Sooo, I speak very little to them, study their weakness and have a plan for when they go bat shit crazy! 😜

A guy once told me, “Coworkers are coworkers. They are not your family. They are not your friends. Treat them accordingly.”

Be safe!

ben2go 09-05-2018 09:32 PM

It seems that everyone lately has been having it rough at work. I don't just mean the people here but also the people in my meatspace life as well.

Good luck to you, DarkRider.

MICRider 09-06-2018 09:53 AM

Sounds like G4S, my ex used to work for them.
Best of luck to you, hope it turns out okay eventually.

Darkrider 09-10-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruces (Post 289812)
Wear your helmet !
Good luck today .

Helmet worked very well...same with a piece of tech i had on me...all i am saying on that part lol.. But yea...i basically got a bunch of smoke blown up my ass..

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirbo7106 (Post 289823)
I served with the Marines and learned much! Know the enemy, cover your six, and lay down some psyc ops!

Prime example, I work in surgical services, in the OR. There are a few surgeons that I need to put my boot in their throats, but I realize the hospital would frown on this. Yes, they have a God complex, but I’m still not allowed to arrange the meeting! 🙁 Sooo, I speak very little to them, study their weakness and have a plan for when they go bat shit crazy! 😜

A guy once told me, “Coworkers are coworkers. They are not your family. They are not your friends. Treat them accordingly.”

Be safe!

Thanks, Will def keep the above in mind especially in light of the fact that the co worker i mentioned earlier..we have in fact confirmed that he has been stalking us...to the point he followed me to the store at the place i am delivering for..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 289873)
It seems that everyone lately has been having it rough at work. I don't just mean the people here but also the people in my meatspace life as well.

Good luck to you, DarkRider.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by MICRider (Post 289912)
Sounds like G4S, my ex used to work for them.
Best of luck to you, hope it turns out okay eventually.

Not G4s though i do have interactions with them from time to time...

Well i apparently have another meeting with the same head guy on thursday... I need to get ahold of some info before hand so i got a few more calls to make during my free time on the pizza days lol

cheesy 09-10-2018 04:38 PM

Good luck, Man.

Darkrider 09-10-2018 05:15 PM

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Well this is just f***ing awesome.. i get to scramble to come up with about $240 to deal with getting Commercial ins on my Jeep... All because of this little f***ing c**t whining till he got his f***ing way with head office... Sorry for the french but i am livid at the moment..

ben2go 09-10-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkrider (Post 290273)

Well this is just f***ing awesome.. i get to scramble to come up with about $240 to deal with getting Commercial ins on my Jeep... All because of this little f***ing c**t whining till he got his f***ing way with head office... Sorry for the french but i am livid at the moment..

That's crazy. If they are going to require it, they should pay or reimburse you for it. Maybe it can be deducted come tax filing time. It is a work-related cost which is supposed to be deductable.

Darkrider 09-11-2018 04:08 PM

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/08...g?v=1459044139

This is me about this time... the bs train got loaded even further....

Ben i can def get the costs taken off at tax time and i will be working on that when i file my '18 taxes next year.

Darkrider 05-07-2019 05:42 PM

And...well with this post this Saga has come to a close...As of May 14th i am no longer with the company. That parasite managed to f**k me over one last time...However...He f**ked himself up this time...I am possibly taking at least two of my clients with me out the door...

2LZ 05-08-2019 10:48 AM

Oh man... Well, I hope you can take those two+ clients and parlay it into a small fortune. The upside is you don't have to worry about a bunch of daggers in your back anymore.

Weldangrind 05-09-2019 11:29 AM

I wish you every success in your new endeavour, DR.

Darkrider 05-09-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 308439)
Oh man... Well, I hope you can take those two+ clients and parlay it into a small fortune. The upside is you don't have to worry about a bunch of daggers in your back anymore.

One client confirmed and checking back with the other tomorrow. Probably spending sone time tomorrow to figure out what keys go to what business. Then proceed to start returning them to said businesses later in the day and on Monday. It may or may not result in more private clients but we will see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 308565)
I wish you every success in your new endeavour, DR.

Thanks Weld

Darkrider 06-13-2019 05:19 PM

Figured i would post up an update on things: Finally severed all ties with the company as of today with picking up my final check after waiting for it for over 2 weeks. Which caused some grief but eh. It is all sorted out finally. In short they were holding it till the confirmed return of equipment. By this point i have returned all keys and equipment. Got the check into the bank today to finally make my first payment on my new to me truck i got just before this. On another more positive note i am currently awaiting my first check from my freelance work :tup::tup:

Darkrider 10-03-2019 05:10 PM

So a bit of an update as well as a post to kinda change the direction of this thread rather then starting a new one over the newest bit of news...

Update first: I ended up keeping one freelance contract and have been working for them exclusively for the past few months. The other client had too many regulations for me to be able to follow up on continuing with them. But parted ways with them on good terms.

Second update: It seems due to the various injuries i have sustained over the years between a life of martial arts and motorsports when i was younger as well as various work related and car accident related injuries i am in the position where i am starting the process of applying for disability to help deal with some bills along with support for my meds as my diabetes worsens.

Now here is the bigger bit of news..this is the most positive of the bunch as well. As i have mentioned in my VW beetle thread my wife and i are well.. Expecting a child. We have calculated that she is roughly about 2 months along at this stage.

JerryHawk250 10-03-2019 05:17 PM

Congrats on the little one on the way. :tup:

Yeah, this getting old stuff and old body injuries start playing hell on you. Knock on wood I've been keeping my diabetes in check. Wish you the best.

Darkrider 10-03-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 320471)
Congrats on the little one on the way. :tup:

Yeah, this getting old stuff and old body injuries start playing hell on you. Knock on wood I've been keeping my diabetes in check. Wish you the best.

Thanks, still wrapping my head around things as they are now.

wedooit 10-03-2019 08:15 PM

Congrats on the little one! Get on disability or whatever you need! Take care and keep us posted.

Emerikol 10-03-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkrider (Post 320470)
So a bit of an update as well as a post to kinda change the direction of this thread rather then starting a new one over the newest bit of news...

Update first: I ended up keeping one freelance contract and have been working for them exclusively for the past few months. The other client had too many regulations for me to be able to follow up on continuing with them. But parted ways with them on good terms.

Second update: It seems due to the various injuries i have sustained over the years between a life of martial arts and motorsports when i was younger as well as various work related and car accident related injuries i am in the position where i am starting the process of applying for disability to help deal with some bills along with support for my meds as my diabetes worsens.

Now here is the bigger bit of news..this is the most positive of the bunch as well. As i have mentioned in my VW beetle thread my wife and i are well.. Expecting a child. We have calculated that she is roughly about 2 months along at this stage.

CONGRATS!! Mrs. E and I have a two year old stomping around the house, and it's about as much fun as you can imagine.

Darkrider 10-03-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedooit (Post 320485)
Congrats on the little one! Get on disability or whatever you need! Take care and keep us posted.

Thanks! And will do!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerikol (Post 320499)
CONGRATS!! Mrs. E and I have a two year old stomping around the house, and it's about as much fun as you can imagine.

Thanks! I have a feeling these next few months are gonna be interesting...

cheesy 10-04-2019 07:25 AM

I didn’t quite say it in the VW thread, but congrats.

Soon, you will get to experience the bliss known as ‘Dad Naps’. To paraphrase Emerikol, “Never pass up the opportunity to take a nap.”

Weldangrind 10-04-2019 10:47 AM

Chris, I'm so happy for you and your wife! That just made my day. :D

Darkrider 01-12-2020 09:03 PM

Well in the vein of keeping up with random updates in this thread.. as i have posted elsewhere in previous threads it turned out we had the rare occurrence of a false positive. But as Weld pointed out just more reason to get more "practice" in:lmao:

The more unsettling thing is the fact that i will be ending 3 projects soon. I have sold the K5 Jimmy and had started to sell the Astro AWD in an attempt to save the Ram 1500 i bought earlier this year. But that was all for naught unfortunately. Things have slowed down to the point that it is just not feasible to keep it unfortunately so that will be going for a voluntary repossession. It sucks but as i pointed out to my wife yesterday it is probably for the best to help us get our finances in check. At one point we were at risk of losing both the truck and the Kia as well as my bike. Since the bike is the cheapest payment it is the easiest to keep in line. Kia being the next cheapest. I will simply look for another truck like it in a couple years when the Kia is finally paid off. In terms of trucks to handle that work load..well i still have my '84 C10 as well as the '69 F250. So on that side i am covered. I am currently looking at an '03 Mitsubishi Montero Sport for a DD to replace the Ram.

Emerikol 01-12-2020 09:15 PM

Sorry to hear about the false positive. Like you said though, just more time for "practice!" If you feel like driving it way the hell from here to there, we're selling our BMW X3 SUV. PM me if you think it might be something you're interested in.

Weldangrind 01-13-2020 12:44 PM

Sorry to hear that you have to turn your Ram in; sounds like the best decision.

Darkrider 01-14-2020 04:34 PM

Yea in the long run it is better. As i edited in I had started to sell the Astro but timelines will not allow things to work out. So i am either keeping it or picking up something else to replace the Ram.

kirbo7106 01-14-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkrider (Post 286402)
Popcorn and maybe a large crash pad like they use in the movies... because it feels like i have been pushed out of the plane without a working chute! :wtf:>:(

I was in the military...don’t worry about the parachute...you can fix that on the way down...just don’t dilly dally too much...the ground does come quickly!!!

Remember, keep your feet and knees together!

Darkrider 08-07-2020 04:30 PM

So a bit of an update...i did manage to hold onto the ram for a few more months but it has been gone for over a month now. Still getting used to the quirks of the Toyota Previa i bought to replace it. Ended up selling the Astro after all due to it needing work i could not perform in a driveway. That all said things are starting to look up as i am returning to school in september.

Darkrider 06-26-2023 11:03 AM

Well instead of starting a new thread i might as well dust this one off for an update...A LOT has changed since the last one...

To begin with...i was unable to complete the schooling i had started due to needing to buckle down and basically work for two people. By that i mean my now EX simply ceased trying to find work during the pandemic even when there was plenty to be found. As a result of this i ended up using the rest of my student loan to keep us afloat for a few months. Prob not the best decision in the long run but it was the only option at the time due to limited work for myself at the time.

As a result of the above the later half of '21 was...rough to say the least. At this point the ex started working out of town helping her mom with cleaning jobs. At first that combined with what income i had coming in kept us going. It was also during this time frame i took on another security contract. It was not by choice however. I had taken this one over on a temp basis as the one who held it had contracted COVID. and well...yea nuff said on that one. Temp turned into permanent. The one who held it was my former manager at both United and Paladin. The guy treated his staff like family. So his loss hurt a lot. Eventually that contract increased patrols so that was a nice lil boost to the income. So essentially 2021 onward i was pedal to the floor grinding to get myself up and rolling building up the business my parents started when i was a kid and i kept in the back pocket since i was 17 as a fall back solution in case things ever went south working for others. So i guess one could say this when CMC started to seriously evolve. Mid spring 2022 there is a job fair in town and i push even harder to get the ex to try getting more work as her cleaning had slowed WAY down to one day a week and it cost more to drive her back and forth then she was making. Basically by that point it had turned into Spend $120 to make $40. So she started staying out there more and more...Should have caught this as a more major red flag but anyway...just as we are about to leave the house for said fair her family comes and gets her a day early for her to go clean out there and watch some kids.. Out of boredom during that same day i drop a resume at a local pizza place just to see if work is as easy to find as it always has been for me. Yup..less then two hours after that i started down the road of being a driver for there. So a non security contract for CMC is now added...May rolls around and another loss is suffered.. Not of a human but of a furry companion whom i had raised from being a kitten. Bella was a full on daddy's girl and she is dearly missed. She would have been 6 years old this coming November. It is during that night at the vets office i find out just how truly alone i am when i am unable to reach any of my so called family to get help with dealing with this. Even just a damn ear to bend while i dealt with it would have been nice...As it was the ex didnt come home for nearly a week after. Thing is i knew it was gonna happen that night and even told her earlier in the day. "Hey i think Bella is really sick...i do not know if she is gonna make it." Here is the thing we were thrown off by her symptoms. We had another "False Positive" this time it seemed even more certain to the point that Bella was acting in the way that some cats do when they sense their human is pregnant. So we completely misread what was going on with her. It was at this stage i could feel the foundation to my marriage crumbling...Ex is home for less then 48 hours each time at this point..this eventually dwindled down to less then 24 hours home...Meanwhile my fuel costs are going WAY up due to these turn and burns. By the time it was all said and done she had incurred a 6K debt with me due to this. When we were still together i didn't care because ya know..she is my wife and all. But now i consider it a debt because really she had checked out of the marriage in 2021 and it took me over a year to figure it out. Didn't fully hit me till new years this year when i was at the bar i had gotten to be a reg at over the past few months. So here i am in 2023 Single, Marcus has no companion to hang with while I'm at work but he seems to be fine with it as far as i can tell. Anyways...around June last year i started door dashing to make extra income. I have slowed down on it a bit because of some other changes. Those changes being leaving the pizza place i started at in '22 due to work slowing down to the point of having maybe 3 deliveries in one week...basically the same crap that had me leaving a prior pizza place. But before i left i ended up getting another pizza gig at another place. That one happened by pure fluke. It was from a conversation i had during a door dash picking up from that place. We got talking about how slow the one i left was getting and they asked if i wanted to try there for a bit. That was...almost 3 months ago now, I was working both pizza places plus door dash plus 2 security contracts pretty much 5 days a week. Left the under performing pizza place as mentioned and have done much better at the one i am at now. Its closer to home..i average at least 3-4 deliveries per day. The delivery fees are better and i get it paid out to me as a check every two weeks instead of every night. Usually leave with at least $10-20 in cash tips each day. Have the freedom of dashing while its slow per day so i have that income coming in as well. All in all im mostly back to where i was pre pandemic in terms of my own personal income. Once i get some bills settled i will have more play money. I am damn close on that.

Sorry for the novel but i just realized i had not updated ya guys for a LONG time.