ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   How's the seat? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15583)

2LZ 06-10-2016 02:11 PM

Ok! Every one of you guys are EVIL!

There I was just now, on the phone with Sara from CSC....finalizing the TT250 order, credit card in hand.....and right out of my mouth slipped, "While I have you on the phone and I have the credit card handy, Sara, why don't you just slip one of those RX3 tall seats into the TT250 crate for me..."

I hung up and muttered to myself..."What did I just say???"

marzhere 06-10-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 220509)
Ok! Every one of you guys are EVIL!

There I was just now, on the phone with Sara from CSC....finalizing the TT250 order, credit card in hand.....and right out of my mouth slipped, "While I have you on the phone and I have the credit card handy, Sara, why don't you just slip one of those RX3 tall seats into the TT250 crate for me..."

I hung up and muttered to myself..."What did I just say???"

But think of the shipping cost you just saved. :lmao:

Oh, you'll be enjoying that seat soon enough. Then it'll be "Why'd I wait so long".

willy dog 06-10-2016 07:59 PM

can you send me one too

dpl096 06-10-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 220477)
You almost got me sold. Go do 3 hours non-stop and tell me what you think. Then you may have me sold. That said, a small sheet of plywood with nails driven thru it may be more comfortable on long runs than the stock seat. ;-)

You're a hard soul 2 .... Doubt I ever do 3 hours non-stop willingly, butt, ha! see what I did there, I have ridden it for longer periods yesterday and today with much improved comfort. The 250+ added expense was worth it for me.

dpl096 06-10-2016 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 220497)
I relived those romantic days twice....after both divorces. It loses its romance, trust me.....and my second X took my calculator.

:lmao:

dpl096 06-10-2016 10:14 PM

Welcome to the dark side ! .. Seriously I hope you find it as beneficial as I have. I love this little bike.

BlackBike 06-10-2016 11:21 PM

I Saw Miles and Miles of Texas

So I had to see what the fuss was all about with the seats. But of course, on an enduro not the RX3. Did 174 GPS miles today in true duel sport mode twisty hard top and calichie gravel, dried mud track and Sandy red track roads. Moving time was 4 hours but took long lunch and couple leasure fillups (dairy queen large dipped cone ;))Had a blast but the last 60 miles was at the point of not being able to find that spot where you could not quit squirming . Will have the baby powder handy next time. Really have been enjoying the Garmin in ways I have never really used it before. SO THIS IS ADV !

madsocial 06-11-2016 07:53 AM

Too Bad no one has posted about the Narrow Seat!

detours 06-11-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madsocial (Post 220619)

I had the narrow seat for a while. Then I sold it and bought a tall seat. The narrow is more comfortable than stock by far. The padding is better and it flattens the seat area. The seat material is an improvement too. It's best for people with an inseam of 29" or less. For everyone else, I would recommend the tall seat.

mckayprod 06-11-2016 11:28 PM

I'll have an opinion on this tomorrow night...got a long-ish ride to Lassen NP planned for tomorrow. Four hours each way should give me an idea what I need to do to make this an Iron Butt bike.

marzhere 06-12-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madsocial (Post 220619)

Here's my post from the Pros/Cons thread. http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...244#post220244

I have the 'narrow' seat. The sitting area is flatter than the stock seat is. It's approx the same height wise, as stock, but it's thinner between the legs and the slide slope is angled differently. I'm 5'4 with 28" inseam. I think the narrow seat is getting me closer to the ground than the stock seat.

Before I got the narrow seat, Rojo_grande did take my stock seat off and shave it down. There's not much extra foam to take out, to make the seat shorter and skinnier though. We did get a bread knife after it, staple the cover back on and I rode it until Rojo was kind enough to pick me up the narrow one, while he was in CA for the Baja ride.

mckayprod 06-13-2016 10:35 AM

Well, I promised an opinion about the stock seat, so...

After 450 secondary-highway miles, it's not a bad perch. Not the cushy-comfy saddle of my old BMW, but not the tailbone-bender of the Nighthawk, either. I think I could have gone lots further without trouble. A sheepskin pad would help a lot, and I did like the CSC tall seat I tried at the show in Sacramento.

I'm beginning to believe that the key to bottom-end comfort is a combination of the seat itself and taking regular breaks and moving around some, in flight. Besides, standing up at 55mph looks cool!

2LZ 06-13-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckayprod (Post 220857)
Well, I promised an opinion about the stock seat, so...

After 450 secondary-highway miles, it's not a bad perch. Not the cushy-comfy saddle of my old BMW, but not the tailbone-bender of the Nighthawk, either. I think I could have gone lots further without trouble. A sheepskin pad would help a lot, and I did like the CSC tall seat I tried at the show in Sacramento.

I'm beginning to believe that the key to bottom-end comfort is a combination of the seat itself and taking regular breaks and moving around some, in flight. Besides, standing up at 55mph looks cool!

Glad to hear things went well for you!...and wow, maybe it's because I'm overweight at the moment but you had a lot better luck with the stock seat than I. I can go about an hour before I have to get off. You're right, regular breaks are essential.

Mrs 2LZ and I used to do Lassen annually on our bikes and camp on Hat Creek.
Good to have another Nor Cal person here! Welcome from Volcano.

FastDoc 06-13-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 220863)
Glad to hear things went well for you!...and wow, maybe it's because I'm overweight at the moment but you had a lot better luck with the stock seat than I. I can go about an hour before I have to get off. You're right, regular breaks are essential.

Mrs 2LZ and I used to do Lassen annually on our bikes and camp on Hat Creek.
Good to have another Nor Cal person here! Welcome from Volcano.

I love Lassen. A favorite day hike we have done many times. GREAT roads in that area too. I usually stay at Mineral.