ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Reviews (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   2022 Templar X 6sp Review (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31513)

Twowheeler 03-16-2023 12:16 PM

Bike is almost here!

Well, I changed my order from a Templar X, to the M, since it came back in stock. Plus, I really wanted a kickstart backup (old school habits). It arrives, tomorrow! :yay: I did get the assembly, etc. Still, I am going to go through it, and check it all out; threadlock, adjust, tweak, etc. I'll post pics, asap. I definitely, will be taking out the rim locks, changing out the stock battery, and eventually, getting different tires, amongst other things.. I appreciate the advice, y'all have given me, and welcome more help. :thanks:

tknj99 03-16-2023 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a chance to GPS with the 14/49.. max speed on speedo was 77mph, downhill.. on level 70mph should be doable. GPS corrected is a loss of 5mph.. so max corrected at 72mph.. 65mph should be considered the max speed overall I'd say.

tknj99 03-17-2023 07:58 AM

One thing i'll add with this setup compared to the 13/42 is that on the same road, previously on a paved incline section in 6th she'd decelerate so much up the hill that i'd need to downshift to 5th.. with the 14/49, although she decelerated considerable, it did hold its ground and i did not need to downshift.. also alot more seat of the pants twist on the dirt which is fun..

On another note.. has anyone hit a rev limit? i know i was over 8k and no limit

Thumper 05-25-2023 02:04 PM

Pete,
Your idea of sealing up the rim with marine 5200 would probably work on the spoke holes in the rim, but the edges of the rim are made for clinchers. I really don't think a tubeless tire will seal on the bead.

The other issue is that after you seal up the spoke holes, it would probably be impossible to do a proper spoke tune!

By now you already know these things having the bike/wheels in your garage. The supermotard conversion with new wheels looks awesome on this bike though. This might fit your intended use!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Pete (Post 386047)
I did not originally catch the OEM rims having rim locks pre-installed. I plan on mostly using the Templar X on the street. Not having used rim locks before, if I remove them do I need to find a plug for the hole in the rim to protect the tube or just remove the rim lock and leave the hole.

I was eventually planning on doing a tubeless conversion after the OEM knobbies wear out with marine 5200 sealant and sealant tape and switch to something like Shinko 705 for better matching my intended 90% street use. I wonder how the rim lock holes will affect those plans now =P

For those that have already assembled are the bearings pre-greased with a moly or a lithium complex? I take it the wheel axle bolts are bone dry. I need to sort out some grease purchases before the box arrives and assembly starts. If there is already grease on bearings I was thinking to up the grease quality to red n tacky for bearings and either green or marine for non bearing application.