ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   The Zongshen TT 250 is Coming (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15357)

kohburn 05-25-2016 01:41 PM

got the call from the shipper - its going to be here tomorrow instead of the 31st. color me pleased.

2LZ 05-25-2016 02:31 PM

BTW, I bounce through the CSC blog a handful of times a day looking for any new news. Is anyone else tired of meeting Derek?

2LZ 05-25-2016 02:33 PM

Congrats kohburn!

EachAdventure 05-25-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '16 TT250 (Post 218227)
It does chap me a bit that they were supposed to go to $2495, or something like that, and only went up to $1895. Feels like they lied to get people to fund their project and it killed the equity I was expecting to have in my bike. One of the biggest reasons I decided to get in was that even if I didn't like the bike, getting in at well under retail would allow me to sell it without loosing much or any money and that safety net is now gone. Had I known this before finalizing there's a good chance I wouldn't have done it and would have just bought a used Jap bike. Now to hope I don't feel the need to cash it out.

While I agree to an extent, I think $2495 is asking too much for the bike anyway. If the price had been $2495 and I had missed the "Don't miss the boat" price, I wouldn't have been interested anymore. In California after setup, taxes and registration the price would have been almost $3,000. While we might have lost some "equity" in the bike due to the price cut, I haven't seen anyone mention that we also didn't have to pay the $200 setup fee either. Due to that fact alone I am not really that upset that the price stayed low. That means that I have more time to convince my friends to get one. :tup:

I also know that a lot of us have been waiting for the bike for what seems like forever, but you have to remember that CSC is a pretty small shop. They started receiving bikes on May 6th, and are building about 10 per day. I read somewhere that there were somewhere around 500 pre-orders, so that's about a month and a half before they get through all of them. I stopped by CSC about 3 months ago to have a look at the RX3 and the TT250 prototype, and they seemed like a great group of people. Based off of that experience and the word of mouth around the internet I am sure we will all be satisfied customers once we get our bikes.

Either way, I am excited for the bike and plan on doing some video reviews and motovlogs once I get it. I'll post links and pictures once that happens.

SpudRider 05-25-2016 06:36 PM

Well said, EachAdventure. :tup:

Welcome to these forums; we are glad you joined us. :)

SpudRider 05-25-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kohburn (Post 218256)
got the call from the shipper - its going to be here tomorrow instead of the 31st. color me pleased.

Congratulations. :tup:

You will earn extra goodwill points if you capture and post lots of photographs of the uncrating, et cetera. ;)

dpl096 05-25-2016 08:33 PM

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the bike. I hope you enjoy every mile!

kohburn 05-25-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 218295)
Congratulations. :tup:

You will earn extra goodwill points if you capture and post lots of photographs of the uncrating, et cetera. ;)

I'll have to see if i can figure out how to use the time-laps setting on my china go-pro copy

1cylinderwonder 05-25-2016 09:18 PM

Enough

I agree, Enough of Derek. I wish joe would post more cycle news! :hmm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 218261)
BTW, I bounce through the CSC blog a handful of times a day looking for any new news. Is anyone else tired of meeting Derek?

dpl096 05-25-2016 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder (Post 218332)
I agree, Enough of Derek. I wish joe would post more cycle news! :hmm:

I really enjoy meeting the CSC crew .....but I'm up for some Zonshen eye candy!

rojo_grande 05-25-2016 09:59 PM

Its Here!

3 Attachment(s)
Arrived today!!!
:yay::yay::yay::yay:

CSCDude 05-25-2016 09:59 PM

Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope, I guess. We've done 60 blog posts this month, and the month isn't over. That's the most for any month in the 6+ years the CSC blog has been out there.

I know you're eager to see more photos, but really, guys...do you think this kind of input is warranted?

Here's a novel idea...instead of public critiques on a forum, how about being gentlemen and contacting me directly?

dpl096 05-25-2016 10:03 PM

Congrats Rojo !

dpl096 05-25-2016 10:05 PM

All kidding and ribbing aside Joe ....you've done a bang up job :tup: now - about that new rope. I prefer hemp over nylon!

simonjester 05-25-2016 10:10 PM

Congratulations, Rojo! Thanks for posting the pics!