ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Other Brands (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Rpoc (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17543)

cheesy 10-13-2023 06:50 PM

Hopefully tomorrow.

cheesy 10-14-2023 08:20 PM

Today was tomorrow and, well, we went to see puppies and grandsons' soccer game instead of going into the garage. Both events were on opposite ends of the county. No place to go tomorrow until late in the afternoon.

cheesy 10-15-2023 02:44 PM

https://i.imgur.com/UO2g0j8l.jpg

Heads are on and torqued. The right side fought me like nobody's business. Hindsight being 20/20, I probably should have bought new pistons but... If this wasn't a Russian tractor engine, I would have.

Anyway, I spun the engine several times, both with the kicker and the button. No scary noises, unless you count the sound of increased compression coming through the sparkplug ports. I need to still adjust the valves, install the new studs, carbs, and exhaust. And remember to reattach the sidecar braces. That would truly suck to forget that.

I have a grandson's hockey game to go to and I'm in Denver until Thursday, so I'll button this up on Friday.

2LZ 10-16-2023 01:10 AM

Dang! I had no idea you took this thing through the Antarctic! Aren't these airheads good for crap-tons of miles? If I missed a major implosion, I apologies.

cheesy 10-16-2023 07:57 AM

No implosion. Burned valves and lack of available replacement parts for the 2007 engine. I did have over 38000 miles on it before this happened.

If grandson Owen hadn't had a hockey game yesterday, I'd have finished it. I think I enjoyed watching him score his second ever goal more than bending over and working on Arpok.

Sport Rider 10-16-2023 02:35 PM

I'd be tempted to leave the hack off and ride it around naked

McQueen216 10-16-2023 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport Rider (Post 400606)

We all have faith that he does that anyway.

cheesy 10-16-2023 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport Rider (Post 400606)

Nah. Too much of a PITA to hook it back up and align. The square profile tires would suck, too.

2LZ 10-16-2023 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McQueen216 (Post 400608)
We all have faith that he does that anyway.

Cheesy Godiva. I don't think I can unsee that.

cheesy 10-16-2023 08:45 PM

It’s cold in Illannoy, too. Gotta consider the shrinkage.

cheesy 10-20-2023 03:07 PM

Well, if this ain't a kick in the nuts.
https://i.imgur.com/YfNWPcal.jpg

The rear ball support snapped off of the motorcycle frame. It got my heart pumping when it let go. I was leaning the bike away from the sidecar to finish up on the right cylinder when I was suddenly holding the bike up and the sidecar was doing a wheelie. I had 400 lbs resting on my right hip while I called Mrs.C on my cell to come into the garage and give me a hand.

She stood on the sidecar floorboard and brought the sidecar level enough so that I could support everything with jacks and jack stands.

It's probably a good thing this happened in the garage. It's looking like this may have been cracked and the sidecar trusses were keeping it together. That last lean finished it.

There are three options to repair this. A new Ural, a new Ural motorcycle frame or weld it back on. As I've recently dropped almost $70K on the truck and trailer the last couple months, welding it is.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to get the bikes' center stand down so I can finish getting the sidecar away from it.

2LZ 10-22-2023 01:19 PM

Well doesn't that just suck.......
I've had to do the "phone the wife" from the shop. It's never a good situation.

cheesy 10-23-2023 07:27 AM

First thing out of her mouth after the excitement was, "You just got a new truck, you can't get a new motorcycle." That hadn't crossed my mind at the time, though I wanted to say that I have a new truck because you needed a bigger trailer, but I sometimes know when to keep my mouth shut. :lol:

Anyway, plans are afoot to repair the broken ball stud. Clamp, tack, gouge, weld. If that fails, I have located a 2010 frame in Ohio for a not unreasonable fee. If I go that route, that's where the most expensive words in the English language, "While I'm in here..." come into play. New clutch set, trans bearings, headset bearings, etc.

We shall see.

Sport Rider 10-23-2023 08:58 AM

used Triumph and DMC sidecar. just sayin.....

bigdano711 10-23-2023 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 400852)
First thing out of her mouth after the excitement was, "You just got a new truck, you can't get a new motorcycle." That hadn't crossed my mind at the time, though I wanted to say that I have a new truck because you needed a bigger trailer, but I sometimes know when to keep my mouth shut. :lol:

Wisdom. When I see it, I call it out!