ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Templar 250 resource guide (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=32177)

Diehard 03-07-2024 09:54 PM

Upgraded 23 templar 250 x

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks to everyone for all the info you shared on the templar 250 x I've been lurking hard got my templar done and modded rk chain nibbi carb 30 mm cat delete lithium ion battery motoz tractionator desert ht rear tire 110/90/18 pirelli mt 21 rallycross 80/90/21 front tire Michilen heavy duty tubes bark busters mx pro graphics kit for 2007-2009 rmz 250

vividpixel 03-11-2024 02:22 PM

WOOSTAR 7/8" 22mm Handlebar 2 Function Right Start Switch
Copy and paste link: a.co/d/0GjGif1 (do not click it)
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1500_.jpg

Shinigami117s 03-12-2024 12:06 AM

So I’m confused with the cdi page. Is it ac or dc cdi?
The YouTube video shows the naraku unit working on the bike.
It doesn’t say if it’s ac or dc but looks like it’s an ac unit according to eBay?

I have a Templar 250 6 speed with no spark. What pin out goes where?
I put both green wires to ground. The blue wire to the pulse igniter coil. The red wire to positive 12v . White wire I tried disconnected or connected to 12v . And the yel/blk wire to the coil.

I don’t get any spark.

I’ve tried 3 Templar cdi units no luck. I tried a gold colored one and it works.

Twowheeler 03-29-2024 02:16 PM

2022 Templar 250 M, bought new in March 2023

[QUOTE=Fast_Freddy;389714]This is a collaborative effort that will be updated as new information becomes available. Please contribute what you can and leave discussion in other threads. We want to keep this thread limited to Templar 250 spec's, facts, useful info and links. Thanks to everyone in advance for your contributions!

I bought the wrong NGK Iridium plug (DPR8EIX-9). It's longer than the OEM. I just ordered some OEM plugs. I could not find NGK DPREIX-9 (iridium). Maybe NGK discontinued it, or maybe it's a typo here, Idk. Also, my M rear shock is not the same as the X. There's no room to drill another hole. I've tried to put compressors on it to remove/replace it, but you can only get 1 on and it looks sketchy. I'd like to be able to get on it without Jackie Channing my leg over it. I'm definitely replacing the carb. The stock one is poorly adjusted. It spits and sputters and stalls. Also it makes the exhaust turn orange, when warming up. I can still start it and ride, but it uses a lot of fuel with it backfiring or whatever. I wish there were a dealer or shop that would work on it near me. There used to one, within 10 miles. None anywhere now. The Jap shops won't touch it, save for one place that will replace tires, etc. Any help/advice is welcome and appreciated. All I can find on here is tons of stuff about the X. I should have gotten it, but changed my mind at the last minute. I just had to have a kickstart.

GypsyR 03-29-2024 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twowheeler (Post 406232)
I bought the wrong NGK Iridium plug (DPR8EIX-9). It's longer than the OEM.

I've meaning to buy a new plug. Does that mean a plug for the X doesn't fit the M engine? That would be good info for folks to know.

By the way, when you quote someone it's easy to trim it down to the specific bit you want to quote. Example: what I just did above. No need to copy four pages for a sentence or two. Could be a thing that bugs just me though.

Twowheeler 04-03-2024 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy (Post 395063)
The Templar and M both have preload adjustment on the rear shock. Fork preload spacers are available from Joe Henner Motosports. You can contact him on Facebook. Here is a video showing fork spacer installation. I myself am running Henner's max spacers which require a bit more disassembly to install but work great for my 250lb weight.

My 2022 M that I got in March 2023, has no adjustments and no gas charge. I tried to put spring clamps on in order to remove, but couldn't. I just wish now, that I'd bought the X. Mine has no way of drilling a hole higher up.:doh:

Fast_Freddy 04-03-2024 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twowheeler (Post 406232)
I bought the wrong NGK Iridium plug (DPR8EIX-9). It's longer than the OEM. I just ordered some OEM plugs. I could not find NGK DPREIX-9 (iridium). Maybe NGK discontinued it, or maybe it's a typo here, Idk. Also, my M rear shock is not the same as the X. There's no room to drill another hole. I've tried to put compressors on it to remove/replace it, but you can only get 1 on and it looks sketchy. I'd like to be able to get on it without Jackie Channing my leg over it. I'm definitely replacing the carb. The stock one is poorly adjusted. It spits and sputters and stalls. Also it makes the exhaust turn orange, when warming up. I can still start it and ride, but it uses a lot of fuel with it backfiring or whatever. I wish there were a dealer or shop that would work on it near me. There used to one, within 10 miles. None anywhere now. The Jap shops won't touch it, save for one place that will replace tires, etc. Any help/advice is welcome and appreciated. All I can find on here is tons of stuff about the X. I should have gotten it, but changed my mind at the last minute. I just had to have a kickstart.

DPR8EIX-9 will work in the ZS172FMM-3A engine. Yes, it is slightly longer than the stock plug but dozens (possibly hundreds) of people have been running this plug without issue. To be safe you could install it and hand crank the engine to confirm clearance.

DPREIX-9 was a typo. All NGK plug numbers have a numeric value in the middle that represents the heat range of the plug. Thanks for pointing out my typo, I have corrected it.

Are you sure there is no spring pre-load adjustment on the rear shock? Only the X has damping adjustments but the base model definitely has pre-load adjustment and I was certain that the M also had pre-load adjustment rings.

Please do me a favor and start a new thread for your bike. Ask questions there and you should get lots of useful help. We are trying to keep this thread dedicated to general information about the Templar models. Thanks and by all means tune or replace the stock carb. It comes tuned too lean.

:thanks:

Twowheeler 04-25-2024 12:10 AM

Yeah, I just realized that it was huge, so I tried trimming it. I'm not very good at this.

Twowheeler 04-25-2024 12:14 AM

[QUOTE=GypsyR;406249]I've meaning to buy a new plug. Does that mean a plug for the X doesn't fit the M engine?
I do not know about the X. I have an M.

Twowheeler 04-25-2024 12:16 AM

Yes, my M has preload rings.

Fast_Freddy 04-27-2024 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twowheeler (Post 407428)
Yes, my M has preload rings.

Thanks. In answer to your spark plug question, all Templars share the same engine and spark plug.

Thumper 04-28-2024 03:06 PM

2022 Templar X rear shock link

5 Attachment(s)
I removed the link while lowering the 2022 5 speed Templar X.
You have to remove the rear brake to remove the front mounting bolt, but it isn't much work.

I did this to get dimensions to begin the quest for a compatible lowering link in aftermarket. THe dimensions are in the next post. This one is about the removal.

Feel free to search, or take these dimensions to your local Honda dealership (or anywhere!) and see if they have lowering links to measure dimensions. Or order one if you are feeling lucky.

-Place a center stand under the motor and get the rear wheel unweighted so the link isn't under stress. That's just touching the ground, so the shock isn't getting compressed or holding up the swingarm.

-The rear mounting bolt has a locking nut on the left side, and the left mount is threaded as well, so remove the nut, then unscrew the bolt.

I used a rod to tap it out after clearing the threads.

Attachment 31350

-Do you see the lower chain roller? That roller is held on the extension from the front mounting bolt. It won't be removable until you remove the bolt from the right side, but loosen the nut of the threads for now.

Attachment 31351

-The nut on the bolt needs to be held in place while you remove the bolt. I propped the combination wrench on a 12" 4x4 so I didn't have to hold it while I removed the bolt from the other side. It is partially obscured behind the chain in the photo:

Attachment 31352

Here is the right side (brake lever removed).

Attachment 31353

The bushing rides on needle bearings, as you would expect. I will post dimensions in the next post.

Attachment 31354

Thumper 04-28-2024 03:08 PM

Dimensions of the link

3 Attachment(s)
I got the micrometer on it and took some measurements so we can begin looking for aftermarket lowering links.

Attachment 31356

Attachment 31355

Attachment 31358