ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Zongshen RX3 carbureted version mods & repairs (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14455)

SpudRider 02-28-2015 05:19 AM

I'm glad you are making progress. :) It is important to adjust the PMS first, before changing the carburetor jets. If the PMS needs to be tightened too much, you need a smaller pilot jet. Conversely, if the PMS needs to be loosened too much, you need a larger pilot jet. ;)

Adventore 02-28-2015 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 180555)
I'm glad you are making progress. :) It is important to adjust the PMS first, before changing the carburetor jets. If the PMS needs to be tightened too much, you need a smaller pilot jet. Conversely, if the PMS needs to be loosened too much, you need a larger pilot jet. ;)

Thank you, Spud. I've learnt something from you today.

SpudRider 02-28-2015 10:15 PM

You're welcome. :) Different carburetors might have different values, but the correct setting of the PMS should be about 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 turns out from the lightly seated position. If you need to adjust the PMS much farther in either direction, you a need a different pilot jet. ;)

FTEY 03-01-2015 09:53 AM

Yup. Was a great ride with Adventore. Gonna send my bike in for the tunes this comig weekend. Will keep all posted of the outcome, and probably go on another ride with Adventore after he did his.

thillskier 03-01-2015 11:12 AM

Glad your getting there re tune...It does take time, though.
We are all surely jealous of your riding, but appreciate your reviews and pictures also, to help until our bikes get here.
Thanks and enjoy!

Weldangrind 03-01-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTEY (Post 180619)
Yup. Was a great ride with Adventore. Gonna send my bike in for the tunes this comig weekend. Will keep all posted of the outcome, and probably go on another ride with Adventore after he did his.

You guys went riding together? Any pics of the adventure?

FTEY 03-01-2015 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 180633)
You guys went riding together? Any pics of the adventure?

Forgot to take pics.
I only got one when our bikes are in for tuning before we head out.
We will remember to take more on our next trip.
Attachment 2397

SpudRider 03-01-2015 10:12 PM

FTEY,

Thanks for posting the photograph you obtained. :) If you have time, can you get calipers and measure the rear sprocket for us?

http://www.jtsprockets.com/fileadmin...rge/jtr811.jpg

FTEY 03-01-2015 10:57 PM

Ya. I think i still owe you that.
Will post it here later today.

SpudRider 03-01-2015 11:22 PM

Thank you, FTEY. :)

thillskier 03-02-2015 07:19 AM

FTEY:tup: re sprocket measurements..

Adventore 03-02-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTEY (Post 180689)
Forgot to take pics.
I only got one when our bikes are in for tuning before we head out.
We will remember to take more on our next trip.
Attachment 2397

Wow! I didn't know that you took this picture. I think I was speaking to the shop owner about the correct spare tank lever setting that time. :tup:

FTEY 03-03-2015 04:49 AM

Sprocket size

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by thillskier (Post 180730)
FTEY:tup: re sprocket measurements..

This is the approximate measurement of the sprocket
The Sprocket reads WLJF 44-520
Attachment 2399

classix_man 03-03-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTEY (Post 180619)

Hi FTEY,

So how's your bike after tuning? What has been done for the engine? Is there any tuning for the valve also or just carburetor tuning? I already booked my bike from Chuan Cycle and they told me the bike may arrive sometime this week. However, the process of buying might takes some time and I may get the key to my bike next week.

Since you and Adventore have a same issue on the bike, it would be good if you can update to us the effort that I might have take if the same problem arise.

And do keep us update with all the nice pictures!! Thanks!!

FTEY 03-03-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classix_man (Post 180841)
Hi FTEY,

So how's your bike after tuning? What has been done for the engine? Is there any tuning for the valve also or just carburetor tuning? I already booked my bike from Chuan Cycle and they told me the bike may arrive sometime this week. However, the process of buying might takes some time and I may get the key to my bike next week.

Since you and Adventore have a same issue on the bike, it would be good if you can update to us the effort that I might have take if the same problem arise.

And do keep us update with all the nice pictures!! Thanks!!

Bike is doing well. Just hit the 600km mark today. They just did adjustments on the PMS settings. Can be even better if the carb is slightly tuned a bit. Will send my bike in again for the carb tuning tomorrow. Will need to leave it for the day. They will help adjust the clutch as well. Will keep you posted on any new findings