ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   JerryHawk250's Lifan KPX250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31083)

Boatguy 06-24-2022 06:33 PM

I really don’t like the fact that this thread keeps updating. Ha ha ha.

I don’t want to see any more new notifications about this thread until it’s pictures of a new bike and Jerry on it. Ha ha ha ha.

(Joking... but only kind of.)

culcune 06-24-2022 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boatguy (Post 379473)
I really don’t like the fact that this thread keeps updating. Ha ha ha.

I don’t want to see any more new notifications about this thread until it’s pictures of a new bike and Jerry on it. Ha ha ha ha.

(Joking... but only kind of.)

I'm with you...we will never know when the bike ACTUALLY arrives! :)

JerryHawk250 06-24-2022 11:29 PM

Well guys, I did pick it up and assembled it. Video will be up later as it is processing right now. The bike is way better than I thought it would look and ride. Be patient, it will be worth the wait. :yay:
This bike is tall. I'm 5'10" and on my toes. Definitely for you tall guy like megadan. Make the hawk feel small. Seat is nice and comfy too. Seem to be geared just right. I only took it down the street as I don't have insurance and plate yet. That has to wait till Monday when the notary tag shop opens. Stay tuned.

JerryHawk250 06-24-2022 11:46 PM

https://youtu.be/l4b2H_3pZkg

TominMO 06-24-2022 11:57 PM

Great video! Thanks.

Megadan 06-25-2022 12:24 AM

I commented on youtube, but I will say the same thing here. THe lighting package on this bike is really impressive. How smooth is that single? I never paid attention as far as if this motor is counter balanced or not. Sounds pretty good though. The seat height thing sounds right. The specs say it's closer to 36 inches than 35, so it's about an inch higher than a standard Hawk. That's one reason dual sports appeal to my tall self.

JerryHawk250 06-25-2022 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 379492)
I commented on youtube, but I will say the same thing here. THe lighting package on this bike is really impressive. How smooth is that single? I never paid attention as far as if this motor is counter balanced or not. Sounds pretty good though. The seat height thing sounds right. The specs say it's closer to 36 inches than 35, so it's about an inch higher than a standard Hawk. That's one reason dual sports appeal to my tall self.

Yes she's counter balance and smooth. I'm used to the low seat on my Vulcan S. Lol also standard mid pegs threw me off the first time. Lol she's a tall one but got use to it quick. I hope the rain holds off so I can get a little riding in locally. Need to register and tag her.

JerryHawk250 06-25-2022 12:34 AM

I can say one thing. Low-end power feels good.

Boatguy 06-25-2022 07:09 AM

After watching the video, it’s weird how similar it is to the xpect, yet at the same time has the differences that make it stand out.

Congratulations on the new toy, Jerry!

Looks like it’ll be fun!

JerryHawk250 06-25-2022 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boatguy (Post 379498)
After watching the video, it’s weird how similar it is to the xpect, yet at the same time has the differences that make it stand out.

Congratulations on the new toy, Jerry!

Looks like it’ll be fun!

It's definitely on the higher quality end . I'll make a walk around video today.

TominMO 06-25-2022 08:06 AM

I'm going back and forth. On the one hand, logically I know that my Xpect is really all I need for my simple purposes. On the other hand, the KPX seems to be a game-changer upgrade over the Xpect. I even like the fact that it's slightly heavier, for hwy stability. The only (small) downside is the expected loss in fuel mileage, but hey. They did make the tank 0.4 gallons bigger, to help compensate on the range per tank.

JerryHawk250 06-25-2022 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TominMO (Post 379503)
I'm going back and forth. On the one hand, logically I know that my Xpect is really all I need for my simple purposes. On the other hand, the KPX seems to be a game-changer upgrade over the Xpect. I even like the fact that it's slightly heavier, for hwy stability. The only (small) downside is the expected loss in fuel mileage, but hey. They did make the tank 0.4 gallons bigger, to help compensate on the range per tank.

I really don't think there will be much difference in fuel mileage. If anything with the extra 6th gear you might get better on the highway.

TominMO 06-25-2022 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 379504)
I really don't think there will be much difference in fuel mileage. If anything with the extra 6th gear you might get better on the highway.

True, there's that. And you can play with different sprockets. My Xpect is set up with 17/42 sprockets, and probably gets about 120 mpg in steady cruising at 60 mph.

One thing we will need to check on is what sprockets to get. IIRC the KPX has a beefier chain, so you can't use the Xpect-spec sprockets.

dig4dirt 06-25-2022 08:36 AM

Jerry, magnificent! Thanks for the vid!

I see similarities in the tbr7, such as same tread on tires, rear fender/brake light, same seat perhaps? Maybe even gas tank?
Obviously they all share parts or at least design thoughts.

JerryHawk250 06-25-2022 09:47 AM

This is definitely a lot more bike that the standard Hawks, Brozz250 and TBR7. Aluminum rims, actual oil filter, 6 speed and EFI. Just the overall quality of the KPX is impressive.
https://youtu.be/xYgKCvZ8rf8