ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Ride Reports (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   My Hawk 250 tried to kill me and almost succeeded. (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=33021)

N7sithis 07-21-2023 11:25 PM

Ugggghh, looking at pictures on here and someone posted one with a brand new hawk;
https://www.chinariders.net/picture....&pictureid=742

The brake line is run outside and down the side.

Mine came tucked in with all the wires behind the headlight. (inbetween the forks)
Can anyone confirm it's supposed to be ran like the picture here? (Outside of forks)

bigdano711 07-22-2023 02:14 AM

Mine came routed behind the headlight. I'm thinking this guy re-routed?

N7sithis 07-22-2023 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdano711 (Post 397691)
Mine came routed behind the headlight. I'm thinking this guy re-routed?

Inbetween the forks?

And did yours come with rubber holders for both the upper and lower guides on the front brake? or just the lower one?

N7sithis 07-22-2023 09:36 AM

I re routed mine like the picture, for sure flexs in a better spot now (up by the ignition instead of down by the tire)
Sadly I think I need a new brake cable, though. This one seems to have "memory" the same way wire does and wants to flex the same way it did in the wreck.

bigdano711 07-22-2023 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N7sithis (Post 397692)
Inbetween the forks?

And did yours come with rubber holders for both the upper and lower guides on the front brake? or just the lower one?

I don't think it's in between the forks, but I'd have to pull the headlight off to check. Got to thinking...why not pinch the bracket thingie that it routes through with a pair of pliers to keep the line locked in? Just the lower as far as the rubber holder. Can you see the line move when you turn the handlebars?

N7sithis 07-22-2023 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdano711 (Post 397703)
I don't think it's in between the forks, but I'd have to pull the headlight off to check. Got to thinking...why not pinch the bracket thingie that it routes through with a pair of pliers to keep the line locked in? Just the lower as far as the rubber holder. Can you see the line move when you turn the handlebars?

You can just follow the line with your hands and tell where it goes, or look up from underneath it.

That's what I did. It's crazy how much I had to alter them, they were incredibly loose. Ontop of re routing it like the pic seems to be working, haven't test rode yet, just jumping up n down on it while turning the wheel back n forth watching the cables flex. Seems to be good now.

Better front forks would definitely help, the stock ones sometimes compress some just under the weight of the bike LOL so bad.

flopsweat 08-01-2023 03:07 PM

When I started thinking of riding, I started watching moto madness videos... and quickly talked myself out of it. Then I found Dan Dan The Fireman, Motojitsu, and everything changed. Just completely immersed myself (and still do) in what NOT to do, and learning from others mistakes. I've learned how to read myself better and not ride if I'm emotional, practice emergency braking every time at the very least 3-5x when I first get on, and have taken a multitude of safety courses.

About 15yrs ago I got on a 500cc Honda CRF cuz I had "first MSF course" confidence, and promptly found myself in a ditch (it was an intentional slow lay-down to avoid something far worse), and that completely knocked off my desire for the next decade to ride. Then a good friend bought a TW200. Then I found the TT250.

bigdano711 08-01-2023 06:08 PM

When I was in my twenties, I got on a friend's Yamaha YZF1000R. I had very little riding experience and no MSF courses at all. He had recently wrecked it and had a lot of the plastics off. Asked me if I wanted to ride it and I was like HELL YES!

I very slowly rolled it up and down some residential streets. I was in 2nd gear and wondered what would happen when I cranked the throttle. Shifted my weight towards the front and tucked my knees into the tank and gave it a rip. I was instantly looking at the sky and slowly backing off that throttle. Got the front wheel down without incident, rode straight back to my friend, got off that thing and swore I'd never get on another.

TominMO 08-01-2023 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdano711 (Post 398153)
When I was in my twenties, I got on a friend's Yamaha YZF1000R. I had very little riding experience and no MSF courses at all. He had recently wrecked it and had a lot of the plastics off. Asked me if I wanted to ride it and I was like HELL YES!

I very slowly rolled it up and down some residential streets. I was in 2nd gear and wondered what would happen when I cranked the throttle. Shifted my weight towards the front and tucked my knees into the tank and gave it a rip. I was instantly looking at the sky and slowly backing off that throttle. Got the front wheel down without incident, rode straight back to my friend, got off that thing and swore I'd never get on another.

Did you have to change your underwear?

bigdano711 08-01-2023 06:25 PM

Thankfully, no. But I couldn't stop my knees from knocking for at least an hour. Almost collapsed on the dismount. lol