ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Camper/Toyhauler Conversion (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=28344)

dirtbkr188 05-18-2021 01:11 PM

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/49/TWBOfx.gif

JerryHawk250 05-18-2021 02:56 PM

Thanks dirtbkr188. Keep in mind that this was all done by a three man crew (Me, Myself and I) :lmao: My daughter did help with taping up all the seam on the insulation. I got more done without any help. They just kept me hydrated with beverages and well feed.

China Rider 27 05-18-2021 06:06 PM

Some highly skilled impressive work there! Who needs a house!

JerryHawk250 05-18-2021 06:50 PM

I've been in construction for more than 45 years. I picked up a few skills along the way. :hehe:

Boatguy 05-19-2021 12:02 PM

That thing is a beast! It’s huge! Looking good. I can see quality work.

JerryHawk250 05-24-2021 11:00 AM

5 Attachment(s)
More progress over the weekend. Install door on bath, installed kitchen cabinets and sink, finished and painted bath, floors will come later. I hooked up propane so got hot water. :tup: I plan on building beds this week.

Boatguy 05-24-2021 05:16 PM

Careful with the weight! Sorry. I’m a really big proponent of lightweight construction.

Building a palace! Go Jerry go! Huge energy and motivation for this project I see

JerryHawk250 05-24-2021 05:24 PM

Yes I'm definitely watching the weight. Cabinets are the heaviest items. All other materials are light weight. 5mm plywood on bath room walls and ceiling, 3/8" plywood on counter top, 1x2 and 2x3 stud framing. That hollow core door weighs next to nothing. The trailer itself only weighed 3600 lbs to start with. It has 5200 lbs axles with E rated tires. I don't think I'll come close to reaching the limits. lol

JerryHawk250 05-26-2021 12:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More progress last night. Built one of the fold up beds (queen size). A fence gate latch works perfect for locking and holding bed in the up position. Still need to install fold down legs. Wife put final details on bath. still need floors. FYI, those pieces of plywood on the storage are not the actual covers. I just placed some scrap pieces on top so i could work on the bed. I should get to making permanent cover tonight or tomorrow night.

JerryHawk250 06-01-2021 11:29 AM

Well we took the trailer out for her maiden voyage over the Memorial Day weekend on a camping trip. Although it's no where near complete, we did have all the necessities working. Everything else is all cosmetic. The 3" memory foam mattress was so comfortable. AC was nice and cold. The Hot water heater works great. Never ran out of hot water after taking a long shower. UTV fit perfect. Only issue I had is I don't have enough tongue weigh and I did get a slight sway anything over 68 mph if a truck passed me, but nothing drastic that I couldn't handle. I filled the water tank and put our ice chest and few other heavy items towards the front for our trip back and was a much better ride home. I still have some cabinet and ceramic counter top to install in the kitchen so that will resolve that issue. We had so much fun we forgot all about taking pictures. lol Oh well, we'll have to remember on our next trip.

JerryHawk250 06-11-2021 11:24 AM

No updates on progress other than it has been in use for over two weeks. The fishing Rodeo's have started and my wife and daughter work at the Harbor Light Marina and Restaurant. The Marina is about an hour drive from home and they have been working long hours and late into the night. So instead of the driving back and forth everyday we brought the camper/toy hauler down to the marina for the to sleep in. On Friday nights my daughter plays and sings in the band and on Saturday nights I Dj and do Karaoke. We will probably leave the camper there for the rest of the month if not longer depending on how many more bookings for fishing rodeos the marina gets. We'll be making plenty of extra money to finish up the rest of the conversion in no time.

Boatguy 06-12-2021 07:25 AM

Wow! You guys have a lot of talent. And a lot of interests. Still watching this thread to eagerly see the finished product. At least the interior. It’s interesting how you’re putting it together in a simple way with standard off-the-shelf items. I built a boat. And I did as much of that as I possibly could. Except, the boat is round.. Ha ha. Makes it hard to use anything off the shelf for cabinetry. But with a lot of the other components, my philosophy was to design it so when the item breaks, I can simply replace it at non-marine prices. Can’t wait to see what you do with the rest.

JerryHawk250 06-12-2021 07:46 AM

I've built my share of boats too. Whole different process animal cause there ain't nothing straight.

Sport Rider 06-15-2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 361604)
No updates on progress other than it has been in use for over two weeks. The fishing Rodeo's have started and my wife and daughter work at the Harbor Light Marina and Restaurant. The Marina is about an hour drive from home and they have been working long hours and late into the night. So instead of the driving back and forth everyday we brought the camper/toy hauler down to the marina for the to sleep in. On Friday nights my daughter plays and sings in the band and on Saturday nights I Dj and do Karaoke. We will probably leave the camper there for the rest of the month if not longer depending on how many more bookings for fishing rodeos the marina gets. We'll be making plenty of extra money to finish up the rest of the conversion in no time.

We're expecting a lot more effort out of you than this! :D

JerryHawk250 06-15-2021 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport Rider (Post 361797)
We're expecting a lot more effort out of you than this! :D

Well I finally got it back to the house late Sunday. I should be able to get more done after work this week. My daughter and i both have gigs this weekend down at the Marina and was going to bring it back down there but that may be cancelled depending on what happens in the Gulf. Hurricane season only started a few weeks ago and already looks like we'll get something forming out there that will hit close enough to cause lots of rain and coastal flooding.

Added Picture:
See that little Dot Called Cocodrie at the end of the road right before you hit the gulf? Not exactly the best place to be for any kind of storm.