ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Ride Suggestions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Ride to Wickenburg AZ, the back way (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24455)

culcune 10-13-2021 09:48 PM

I had seen a Bashan Storm for rent in the Phoenix area on Riders Share peer-to-peer bike rental. The guy is asking $56 for the day (discounted from $70 for first rental). "Perfect bike!" I thought for a ride with other Chinese bike enthusiasts. Well, here is the issue. They are asking me to pay insurance or decline. Declining coverage charges a $4600 deposit. If I take the insurance, it comes in 3 tiers. The lowest cost is $56/day BUT still puts a $3k hold as a deductible. The 'standard' tier is $60/day, but takes a $2000 deposit as a deductible. The 'premium' insurance is $67 for the day, but charges a $1100 hold as a deductible. I don't have $1100 that I can put on a hold is the problem. I do understand that motorcycle renting is a lot riskier than automobiles, but when I purchase the overpriced car insurance, I am assured that I can literally walk away from even a totaled car (no deductible). Purchasing the overpriced motorcycle insurance STILL puts me at least $1100 liability. I know prices of Bashans and all Chinese bikes in general has gone up, but I couldn't imagine other than a completely totaled or stolen Storm 250 it would come out to over $1100. Even still, why the heck would I pay $67 to also put down a $1100 deductible?? The daily rent is $56, and I am sure the private party who rents it does not get most of that (maybe they do?). At any rate, peer-to-peer rental would be a good idea for high-end motorcycles, but sub-$2k bikes it seems not worth it. For giggles, I put in a 5 day rental and the deductibles go way down to like $100, but the rental was closing in on $500.

calvarez 10-14-2021 12:38 PM

Most of my credit cards cover the insurance on a rented car, now I should go look to see if motorcycles are included (or other things like an RV). Have you looked? This might just be free.

culcune 10-14-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvarez (Post 367596)
Most of my credit cards cover the insurance on a rented car, now I should go look to see if motorcycles are included (or other things like an RV). Have you looked? This might just be free.

I thought of that, BUT they would want $4600 as a deposit (the decline part).

Emerikol 10-15-2021 05:28 AM

It is absolutely insane to me that they want enough money as a deductible to buy TWO bikes to replace one wrecked bike. And that's all just physical damage to the bike, there's no mention of medical payments at all! It really is too bad I'm not out there anymore. Between the Hawk, DR and the Ural, I could loan out a couple bikes and really help some people out. Just for the record, though... I'm still finding Arizona dust all over the Ural! :lol:

Magician16 10-18-2021 06:51 PM

I can't make the Nov. 6 date. I'm playing a tennis tournament.

superduder 11-03-2021 04:21 AM

So, is this still happening?
I may be riding the slowest bike,
but I am ready.
J.