ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Everything Else (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Camper/Toyhauler Conversion (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=28344)

wheelbender6 04-13-2021 09:14 PM

We used the microwave a lot. Rarely used the cook top or oven.

JerryHawk250 04-14-2021 02:48 PM

I just got some good news. My trailer will be here towards the end of next week. I guess I need to schedule a weeks vacation so i can get the main stuff done ASAP. As long as i have AC, Hot water, a tub and toilet installed so I can use it for Memorial day weekend, I good. After that I can work on it after work and weekends. :yay:

JerryHawk250 04-29-2021 11:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well my trailer finally came in after all the delays. I got upgrades that even the dealer didn't even know about for the same price. I got the 7' ceiling height that i really wanted. Semi screwless with thicker aluminum sides. And best part is it did come with the plywood floors instead of the resin base OSB floors that i wasn't really crazy about. I'll have to make a 2 1/2 hour trip in the morning to go pick it up. :yay:

Boatguy 04-29-2021 11:32 AM

Very nice!!! Insulate well!!!

JerryHawk250 04-29-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boatguy (Post 359298)
Very nice!!! Insulate well!!!

That will be our first mission to accomplish this weekend. That and wiring.

wheelbender6 04-30-2021 06:03 PM

Have you drawn up any kind of floorplan sketch or are you just keeping it all between your ears?

JerryHawk250 05-01-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelbender6 (Post 359358)
Have you drawn up any kind of floorplan sketch or are you just keeping it all between your ears?

I've drawn up a few in Autocad. But nothing is in stone. Now that I have the trailer here we're getting other ideas. Lol. Going to tackle the insulation and wiring today.

JerryHawk250 05-03-2021 08:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well It's been a long weekend. i got up at 5 am to picked up the trailer. It's about a 2 1/2 hour ride one way. On the way home i stopped at Lowes and picked up the insulation. By the time we got home it was time to clean up and head to the Harbor Light Marina which is another hour ride. My daughter is in a band so being the proud parents we have to go watch which put us getting home about 3 am. So Saturday morning i manage to drag myself out of bed and start working on installing the insulation on the ceiling and fab up a frame for the AC unit. By 3 pm i had to shut it down to get ready to head back down to the marina to DJ. We got back At 3 am Sunday morning. Well let me tell you. I wasn't out of bed till about 10:30 am. I headed back out to the trailer and started installing the wall insulation which involved removing the plywood and reinstalling the plywood after installing the insulation. Needless to say i didn't get it all done but did put a big dent in it. A couple of afternoons i can get that finished up and move on to framing up the bath room and installing tanks. I got a lot to do before Memorial day weekend to get it in usable condition. I do plan on taking a weeks vacation next week so i should get a good bit done. I have one friend that just retired that is more than happy to come help. He's bored out of his mind and is a good carpenter as well.

duck9191 05-03-2021 10:24 AM

I've considered doing a conversion, but I don't have the time. We found a toy hauler we really like but delivery is next year. No camping for us this year I guess. We sold ours this time last year for about a grand less than what we bought it for new 3 years prior. sellers market for sure.

Are you going to duct the air or just use the main return? Good time to go solar for boondocking.

JerryHawk250 05-03-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck9191 (Post 359481)
I've considered doing a conversion, but I don't have the time. We found a toy hauler we really like but delivery is next year. No camping for us this year I guess. We sold ours this time last year for about a grand less than what we bought it for new 3 years prior. sellers market for sure.

Are you going to duct the air or just use the main return? Good time to go solar for boondocking.

Well we looked at new toy haulers and they start at $30 grand for the least expensive with fiberglass sides. This will cost me less than half that and be built exactly how we want it.
Yes it is definitely an sellers market. We sold our 2016 camper for about $2000 less than we paid for it and had a few people trying to out bid the other to buy it. lol

duck9191 05-03-2021 12:07 PM

The one we are looking at is from a wholesaler, about 24 out the door. But its a new floor plan and they didn't build many for this model year. FR wasn't sure if they would make another production run this year so if we put a deposit down it might not get built until '22, no thanks. Big enough to fit a bus of a CanAm x3 max and tall enough for the Yamaha rmax4 1000 without being a 40' 5er lol. The little cfmoto 800 trail will look tiny in it until we get a 4 seat.

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/trave...sx/270RTK/5816

JerryHawk250 05-18-2021 11:40 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I've been busy working and working on the toyhauler. I've have got some progress on the project. AC and lighting installed, wiring and electrical distribution panel installed. Black, grey and water tanks installed, Bathroom built with toilet, lavatory and tub, hot water heater and water pump installed. Next will be kitchen cabinets and beds. I'll have it in usable condition by Memorial Day weekend. After that i can tackle finishing it up with painting, wall paneling and flooring.

JerryHawk250 05-18-2021 11:42 AM

5 Attachment(s)
More pics.

JerryHawk250 05-18-2021 11:46 AM

5 Attachment(s)
more....

JerryHawk250 05-18-2021 11:47 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Even more pics.